These deep quotes will change how you see the world.
Let us know your favorite deep quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by Harvard Business Review found that incorporating quotes into presentations can increase the persuasiveness of the message being conveyed.
This is because quotes can provide a relatable and memorable way to drive home key points.
What are the benefits of reading some deep quotes?
Take off those rose-colored glasses, friend.
Or maybe… put on a pair!
- Reading a quote about life that has some depth to it can help you change your perspective.
- These quotes will open up your mind to see situations in your life with more clarity and understanding.
- You can make different or better choices depending on what you learn.
Whatever your philosophy about life is, one of these profound quotes is sure to resonate with you.
There are some deep quotes from authors, sports figures, geniuses, and everyone in between!
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Deep quotes that make you think and see life different
A study conducted by the University of Granada found that reading quotes from famous people can improve cognitive abilities, such as memory and attention span.
The study findings suggests that quotes can be an effective tool for learning and personal growth.
1. “If I love myself, I love you. If I love you, I love myself.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on great quotes about life.
2. “Life is in ourselves and not in the external.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
You will also enjoy our article on best inspirational quotes on life.
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
4. “Could I have been anyone other than me?”― Dave Matthews
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for him.
5. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
You will also enjoy our article on funny motivational quotes about life.
6. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
7. “When things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Elvis Presley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Elvis Presley quotes that illustrate the man behind the music we all know and love.
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
8. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
9. “Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.” – Sonia Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes for women.
10. “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
If you’re ready to look past the surface, reach for these deep quotes to allow you to see more meaning and purpose in life.
These quotes about life can elevate your mind to see past the necessary trials and tribulations on your journey and reflect on the things that matter most.
We need to devote time to thinking to allow us to ponder our plans, actions, and decisions.
With all the pressures of life, spending time to think brings many benefits. It’s vital for your success and well-being.
Thinking time allows you to understand yourself better, make smarter decisions, and see things differently. It also helps reduce time waste, reduce stress and increase your confidence and happiness.
No matter how busy your schedule might be, set aside some time in your calendar to think of new ideas and brainstorm ways to push through your problems.
Set goals for those open hours to maximize your thinking time and use powerful questions to encourage deep thinking.
Devoting time to think will allow you to maximize your Everyday Power and operate at your full potential.
In that respect, here are some inspirational, wise, and powerful deep quotes, deep sayings, and deep proverbs that’ll make you think and inspire you to look at life differently.
Deep quotes about life
In a study conducted by Forbes, it was found that businesses that incorporate inspirational deep quotes into their branding and marketing materials can see significant increases in customer engagement and loyalty.
This suggests that deep quotes are a powerful way to connect with customers on a deeper level.
11. “Turning your back on the darkness didn’t mean the darkness would turn its back on you.”― Jennifer Donnelly
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
You will also enjoy our article on life changing quotes.
12. “Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.” – Martin Heidegger
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
13. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
You will also enjoy our article on Motivational Quotes of the Day.
14. “The longer I go about living, I see it’s the relationship that is most meaningful.” – William Shatner
You will also enjoy our article on life advice.
15. “All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare.” – Baruch Spinoza
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by famous people.
16. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
You will also enjoy our article on words of wisdom.
17. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farraj Gray
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
18. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on positive thinking quotes.
19. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
You will also enjoy our article on wisdom quotes.
20. “Life is too deep for words, so don’t try to describe it, just live it.” – C. S. Lewis
You might also like these wonderful experience quotes for living a fulfilled life.
Deep quotes that make you think
21. “I want to be like water. I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship.”― Michelle Williams
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings.
22. “A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” – Henrik Ibsen
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
23. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
24. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
You will also enjoy our article on Kahlil Gibran quotes.
25. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on happy quotes about life.
26. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
You will also enjoy our article on being used quotes.
27. “When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.” – Jim Rohn
You will also enjoy our article on shadow quotes.
28. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” – Frederick Douglass
You will also enjoy our article on transformation quotes.
29. “I find that a duck’s opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread.” – Mitch Hedberg
You will also enjoy our article on marine quotes.
30. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on revenge quotes.
Deep quotes about love and friendship
31. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on good deeds quotes.
32. “Since loving is about knowing, we have more meaningful love relationships when we know each other and it takes time to know each other.” – Bell Hooks
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
33. “Sometimes, when you least expect it, you’ll realize that someone loved you. And that means that someone can love you again! And that will make you smile.” – Homer Simpson
You will also enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
34. “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.” – Epicurus
You will also enjoy our article on edgar allan poe quotes.
35. “You are only as free as you think you are and freedom will always be as real as you believe it to be.”― Robert M. Drake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
36. “Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.” – Erich Fromm
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
37. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley (see other thoughtful Bob Marley quotes)
38. “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
You will also enjoy our article on unique quotes.
39. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
40. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on positive energy quotes.
Deep inspirational quotes
41. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on smart quotes.
42. “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” – Bryant H. McGill
43. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
44. “Always go too far, because that’s where you’ll find the truth.” – Albert Camus
45. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”― Albert Einstein
46. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”― Wayne W. Dyer
47. “Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley
48. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – C. S. Lewis
49. “Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” – Wallace Stevens
50. “Go the extra mile, there’s no one on it.” – Grant Cardone
Also, check out these LGBTQ quotes celebrating pride and love.
Deep quotes to make you reflect and see life from a different angle
51. “Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.” – Harper Lee
52. “What matters most in life is often invisible.” — Duane Elgin
53. “He that can have patience can have what he will.”― Benjamin Franklin
54. “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”― Lao Tzu
55. “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.” – Lolly Daskal
56. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
57. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.” – Jackson Brown Jr.
58. “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michel Angelo
59. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”― Oprah Winfrey
60. “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” ― Isaac Asimov
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
Deep quotes to help you set perspective in your life
61. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
62. “You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.” — Tom Wilson
63. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
64. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
65. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua Marine
66. “If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.” – Toni Morrison
67. “Have I not destroyed my enemy when I have made him into my friend?” – Abraham Lincoln
68. “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” ― Bill Gates
69. “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” – Peace Pilgrim
70. “Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso
You will also enjoy our article on mindset quotes.
Deep quotes that make you think in new ways
71. “The merit of all things lies in their difficulty.” – Alexandre Dumas
72. “People do not lack strength; they lack will.” – Victor Hugo
73. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
74. “A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
75. “Look for the thing you notice but no one else notices.” – Rick Rubin
76. “You can tell a pioneer by the arrows in his back.” – Beverly Rubik
77. “Patience with small details makes perfect a large work, like the universe.” – Rumi
78. “Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.” – Nikola Tesla
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Secret quotes to help you manifest your dreams.
79. “Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion.” – Edward Abbey
80. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
81. “Every strength is also a weakness. The opposite is true as well.” – Neil Strauss
82. “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
83. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down”― Charlie Chaplin
84. “Your positive energy leaves a powerful impression on the world.” – Gabby Bernstein
85. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on be real quotes.
Deep quotes about love and life
86. “Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust.”― Sun Tzu
87. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
88. “We do not remember days, we remember moments.”― Cesare Pavese
89. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
90. “The temptation of the age is to look good without being good.”― Brennan Manning
91. “Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
92. “Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.”― Aldous Huxley
93. “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.” – Kahlil Gibran
94. “Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide”― Bernard Kelvin Clive
95. “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.”– Michel de Montaigne
You will also enjoy our article on seduction quotes.
Deep quotes to inspire and motivate
96. “Do you think it is better to fail at something worthwhile, or succeed at something meaningless.”― Tommy Wallach
97. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
98. “Let your action manifest your thought, your belief and your passion.”― Mohammed Ali Bapir
99. “The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” – Bertrand Russell
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
100. “Don’t use yesterday’s state of mind, to make today’s decision.”― C. Nzingha Smith
101. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”— John A. Shedd
102. “The world is changed by examples, not by opinions.” – Paulo Coelho
103. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.– Nora Roberts
104. “Even when we do not actively participate in our destiny, we are still on a chosen path. Life has a way of making decisions for us.”― Nina Guilbeau
105. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”― Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on two-word quotes.
Deep quotes to elevate your perspective
106. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”— L.M. Montgomery
107. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
108. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”— Confucius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
109. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
110. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
— Elbert Hubbard
111. “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things; to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
112. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
113. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
114. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
115. “When you are your own best friend, you don’t endlessly seek out relationships, friendships, and validation from the wrong sources because you realize that the only approval and validation you need is your own.” – Mandy Hale
You will also enjoy our article on past quotes.
Deep quotes to broaden your thoughts
116. “The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others.”
117. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
118. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Khalil Gibran
119. “It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” – George Washington
120. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”— Morrie Schwartz
121. “What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pike
122. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
123. “All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
124. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
125. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Leonardo Di Caprio
You will also enjoy our article on Buddha quotes.
Deep quotes that will broaden your thoughts
126. “Time is a created thing. To say “I don’t have time”, is like saying, “I don’t want to.” – Lao Tzu
127. “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
128. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” – Martin Luther
129. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”—Roy T. Bennett
130. “Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots.” – Rumi
131. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” —Erol Ozan
132. “What matters isn’t what a person has or doesn’t have; it is what he or she is afraid of losing.” – Nicholas Nassim Taleb
133. “The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or ever touched. They must be felt with the heart.”—Helen Keller
134. “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – William Faulkner
135. “When you train your eyes to see the magic and miracles in the little things, you open the door for your whole life to shift.”—Carol Woodliff
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of eyes quotes about the power of sight.
You will also enjoy our article on knowledge quotes.
Deep quotes to inspire you
136. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
137. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.” – Steve Jobs
138. “I know all about how one moment could haunt you for the rest of your life. How it consumes you and every facet of your life.” – Micalea Smeltzer
139. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I have lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
140. “You shouldn’t have to settle for rabbits if what you want is deer.” – Daniel Quinn
141. “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” – C.S. Lewis
142. “Plants are more courageous than almost all human beings: an orange tree would rather die than produce lemons, whereas instead of dying the average person would rather be someone they are not.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
143. “Don’t look for big things, just do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
144. “I’ve hidden memories in boxes inside my head before. Sometimes it’s the only way to deal with things.” – Alice Feeney
145. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
Deep quotes that will change the way you think
146. “The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn.” – Napoleon Hill
147. “This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.” – Dennis Rodman (see more quotes by Dennis Rodman)
148. “We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.” – Jimmy Carter
149. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” – Taraji P. Henson
150. “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.” – John Ruskin
151. “The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” – Carl Jung
152. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” – Seneca
153. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
154. “Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.” – Francis Bacon
155. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” – Lillian Dickson
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
Deep quotes to elevate your mind
156. “Our lives improve only when we take chances…and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.” – Walter Anderson
157. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – Ferdinand Foch
158. “It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
159. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” — Oprah Winfrey
160. “We shall see but a little way if we require to understand what we see.” – Henry David Thoreau
161. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
162. “In the circle of life there is no top, no corner, and no straight lines.” – Mike Dolan
163. “Rise above the storm, and you will find the sunshine.” — Mario Fernandez
164. “Your way of thinking affects your life very deeply. So think positive and be positive.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
165. “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” — Confucius
Don’t forget to also read our collection of quotes about losing a loved one to help you express the feelings behind loss.
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by Mother Teresa.
Deep quotes that will make you think in new ways
166. “We need silence to be able to touch souls.” – Mother Teresa
167. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
168. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw
169. “Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.” – Theodore Roosevelt
170. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne
171. “If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside.” – Jim Kwik
172. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
173. “Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like.” – Dave Ramsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dave Ramsey quotes that will inspire you to live successfully
174. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” — Viktor Frankl
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Viktor Frankl quotes on life, suffering and success.
175. “No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.” – William Hazlitt
You will also enjoy our article on feelings quotes.
Deep quotes to expand your mind
176. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
177. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
178. “Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own.” – Barbara Kingsolver
179. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” — Corazon Aquino
180. “I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words.” – Ann Hood
181. “The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.” – Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
182. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi
183. “Civilization is a hopeless race to discover remedies for the evils it produces.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
184. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
185. “Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.” – Edgar Allan Poe
Deep quotes that will make you think different
186. “A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.” – Richard Nixon
187. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” — Henry van Dyke
188. “Do not let your grand ambitions stand in the way of small but meaningful accomplishments.” – Bryant H. McGill
189. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ernest Hemingway quotes from the iconic author.
190. “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” – Bryant H. McGill
191. “Understand that half the game is keeping quiet, and carefully watching those around you.” – Robert Greene
192. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” — Bill Keane
193. “Battle not with monsters, lest you become one and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.” – Friederich Nietsche
194. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” — Stephen Covey
195. “No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.” – Carl Jung
Also check out these disappointment quotes about friends and emotions.
Deep quotes that will make you a better person
196. “Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.” – Robert A. Heinlein
197. “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”– C.S. Lewis
198. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”― Malala Yousafzai
199. “The greatest mistake you can ever make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one.” – Ellen Hubbard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
200. “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.”– William G.T. Shedd
201. “It has been said that a person may have ten years of experience, or one year of experience repeated ten times.” – Yukiso Yamamoto
202. “Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.” – Tom Fleming
203. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
204. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
205. ”Today I do what others won’t, so that tomorrow I can accomplish what others don’t.” – Jerry Rice
Deep quotes to motivate you
206. “Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.” – Voltaire
207. “Be like the flower that gives fragrance even to the hand that crushes it.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
208. “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.” – Sigmund Freud
209. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – J.K. Rowling
210. “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” – Ashley Montagu
211. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
212. “We choose to go to the moon and do these other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
213. “Not until we are lost, do we begin to find ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
214. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Gerard Way
215. “The most important things are the hardest to say because words diminish them.” – Stephen King
Deep quotes that will make your day
216. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
217. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
218. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
219. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
220. “Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.” – Oscar Wilde
221. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” –Arthur Ashe
222. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Nelson Mandela
223. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
224. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.” – Hans Christian Andersen
225. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” – Benjamin Franklin
Deep quotes about life, love and success
226. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King
227. “Keep calm when things don’t go according to your expectations! Beautiful things always meet friction!” ―Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
228. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” ―Charles Bukowski
229. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” ―William James
230. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” ―Confucius
231. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” ―Albert Einstein
232. “Greatness is what happens when you relentlessly push yourself to continuously create a better you.” ―Edmond Mbiaka
233. “No one has ever found themselves without being a little lost.” ―Sai Pradeep
234. “When the winds of life are pushing you back, THAT’S when you push forward the hardest.” ―Yvonne Pierre
235. “We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.” ―Santosh Kalwar
Deep quotes that you must read today
236. “Love is a verb. Love — the feeling — is a fruit of love, the verb.” — Stephen Covey
237. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
238. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
239. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
240. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
241. “When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …”― Marcus Aurelius
242. “Tough times never last but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
243. “A great man is always willing to be little.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
244. “A man is but what he knows.” – Sir Francis Bacon
245. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
More deep quotes and sayings
246. “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” – Robert Schuller
247. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” — Edmund Hillary
248. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
249. “Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish.” – Jessica N. S. Yourko
250. “Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage.” – Woody Allen
251. “Hate comes from intimidation, love comes from appreciation.” – Tyga
252. “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” – Maori proverb
253. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
254. “If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
255. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.” – R. Brault
Deep quotes to inspire greatness
256. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” —Wilma Rudolph
257. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan
258. “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” —Francois de La Rochefoucauld
259. “Big dreams create the magic that stir men’s souls to greatness.” —Bill McCartney
260. “Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary.” —Joseph B. Wirthlin
261. If we cannot see the possibility of greatness, how can we dream it?” —Lee Strasberg
262. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
263. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” —Zig Ziglar
264. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” —Og Mandino
265. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” —Napoleon Hill
Deep quotes that are short and sweet
266. “I rebel; therefore I exist.” — Albert Camus
267. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde
268. “Genius is the recovery of childhood at will.” — Arthur Rimbaud
269. “The average men consume. The wise create.” — Maxime Lagacé
270. “To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work.” — Mary Oliver
271. “Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.” — Edgar Allan Poe
272. “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” — Mark Twain
273. “We can see through others only when we can see through ourselves.” — Bruce Lee
274. “What you deeply need is not stuff, comfort or beauty, it’s meaning.” — Maxime Lagacé
275. “The ultimate productivity hack is saying no.” – James Clear
More deep quotes to ponder on
276. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Napoleon Hill
277. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” — Stephen King
278. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” — Robert H Schuller
279. “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” — John Barrymore
280. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” — Elbert Hubbard
281. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more.” — Oprah Winfrey
282. “A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” —Serena Williams
283. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
284. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” — Mark Twain
285. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” — Tony Robbins
Deep quotes to inspire you today
286. “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.”― Roy T. Bennett
287. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”― John Muir
288. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”― Rumi
289. “The question is not what you look at, but what you see.”― Henry David Thoreau
290. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.”― Chico Xavier
291. “Life has no remote….get up and change it yourself!”― Mark A. Cooper
292. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”― Will Rogers
293. “If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.”― Confucius
294. “Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.”― Paulo Coelho
295. “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”― Sherrilyn Kenyon
Deep quotes about dreams
296. “It may be that those who do most, dream most.” – Stephen Butler Leacock
297. “Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind.” – Mick Jagger
298. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” – Lupita Nyong’o
299. “If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs.” – Tony Gaskins
300. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” – John Wooden
301. “Nothing happens unless first we dream.” – Carl Sandburg
302. “I don’t dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living.” – Steven Spielberg
303. “Without dreams, there can be no courage. And without courage, there can be no action.” – Wim Wender
304. “The end of wisdom is to dream high enough to lose the dream in the seeking of it.” – William Faulkner
305. “Dreams are today’s answers to tomorrow’s questions.” – Edgar Cayce
Deep quotes that will make you think hard
306. “Every villain is a hero in his own mind.”― Tom Hiddleston
307. “Sometimes I wonder if any of us are cut out for the lives we lead.”― Rebecca Wells
308. “Normal people can become very annoying if put in annoying situations.”― Jessica Park
309. “Reality is such an elusive concept.” ― Laura Gilfillan
310. “You cannot be truly humble, unless you truly believe that life can and will go on without you.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
311. “Knowledge is what enables one to be wrong.”― Mike Higton
312. “At school, new ideas are thrust at you every day. Out in the world, you’ll have to find your inner motivation to seek for new ideas on your own.”― Bill Watterson
313. “Time is the single most important resource that we have. Every single minute we lose is never coming back.”― Tarun Sharma
314. “Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide.”― Bernard Kelvin Clive
315. “I do not fear the unknown, I fear that what I do know will never take me anywhere.”― Najah Roberts
Short deep quotes
316. “Stay foolish to stay sane.” – Maxime Lagacé
317. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
318. “Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
319. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
320. “Impossible is for the unwilling.” – John Keats
321. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
322. “The past does not equal the future.” – Tony Robbins
323. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” – Beverly Sills
324. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
325. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
Sad deep quotes
326. “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” – Jean de La Fontaine
327. “What you must understand about me is that I’m a deeply unhappy person.” ― John Green
328. “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.” – Jim Rohn
329. “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.”― Lauren Conrad
330. “Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.” – Oscar Wilde
331. “Nothing thicker than a knife’s blade separates happiness from melancholy.”― Virginia Woolf
332. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
333. “When you’ve suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.”― Yann Martel
334. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
335. “Tears are words the mouth can’t say nor can the heart bear.”― Joshua Wisenbaker
Meaningful Deep Quotes About Life and Opportunities
336. “Life teaches you a new lesson every day, if you are attentive enough in the class of life.” ― Invajy
337. “Don’t wait for others to bring the change. Be the change and bring the change.” ― Invajy
338. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” ― Roy T. Bennett
339. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
340. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
341. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
342. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
343. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” – Dalai Lama
344. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ― Jim Ryun
345. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” ― Abraham Lincoln
Deep quotes about pain
346. “Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.” —Buddhist Proverb
347. “I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning.”― Haruki Murakami
348. “I don’t believe in pain management anymore, I believe in trying to cure persistent pain.”—Dr. Moskowitz
349. “We don’t even ask happiness, just a little less pain.”― Charles Bukowski
350. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”― J.K. Rowling
351. “The cure for pain is in the pain.”― Rumi
352. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”― Lance Armstrong
353. “Warriors should suffer their pain silently.”― Erin Hunter
354. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.”― Roy T. Bennett
355. “Accept the pain, but don’t accept that you deserved it.”― Brandon Sanderson
Additional Short Deep Quotes To Keep You Going
356. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” — Vince Lombardi
357. “The best revenge is massive success.” — Frank Sinatra
358. “Whatever you do, do with all your might.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
359. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” — Anais Nin
360. ‘It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
361. “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” — Mark Twain
362. “Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.” — Winston Churchill
363. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” — Les Brown
364. “We become what we think about.” — Earl Nightingale
365. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
Deep Quotes To Appreciate Where You Are in Life
366. “Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.” — Henry Ford
367. “If everybody loves you, something is wrong. Find at least one enemy to keep you alert.” — Paulo Coelho
368. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
369. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
370. “Dream big, stay positive, work hard, and enjoy the journey.” — Urijah Faber
371. “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.” — Charles R. Swindoll
372. “Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.” — Democritus
373. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
374. “Don’t try to rush progress. Remember — a step forward, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction. Keep believing.” — Kara Goucher
375. “Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.” — John Heywood
Deep Quotes To Ignite Your Inner Fire
376. “The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.” ― Deepak Chopra
377. “Success breeds confidence.” ― Beryl Markham
378. “Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.” ― Luke the Evangelist
379. “A failure is like fertilizer; it stinks to be sure, but it makes things grow faster in the future.” ― Denis Waitley
380. “Speak your heart. If they don’t understand, the message was never meant for them anyway.” ― Yasmin Mogahed
381. “There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read.” ― Gilbert K. Chesterton
382. “It is always the start that requires the greatest effort.” ― James Cash Penney
383. “Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” ― Napoleon Hill
384. “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” ― William James
385. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” ― William Ellery Channing
Which of these deep quotes was your favorite?
Although life is busy and full of pressures, you need time to consider what’s important.
Our bodies and minds were not wired to operate under constant distractions, stress and information overload.
So, for us to achieve peak performance and live a fulfilling life, each of us needs to set aside a regular contemplative time in which just to think.
Hopefully, these deep quotes have made you reflect and see life differently.
Did you enjoy these deep quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.