If you are feeling stressed, these stress quotes are sure to give you a little bit of motivation to keep going when times are tough.
In the comments below, let us know which quote is your favorite.
No matter who we are and what we do in life, stress is always going to find us.
But it’s how we manage that stress that makes the ultimate difference on our life.
Our latest collection of stress quotes will give you the foundation you need to better manage your stress so that you can get the most out of life.
Regardless of what status you hold, life can get stressful at times.
Sometimes we have to deal with financial setbacks, health problems, workplace challenges and all sorts of difficulties.
But no matter what stress we might experience, we cannot allow it to make us crumble.
Just like mentally strong people, we must be able to thrive regardless of any added tension.
In order to handle stress effectively, we have to accept that stress is part of life, accept that we cannot control everything and maintain a positive attitude.
We have to put our stress in perspective, replace negative thoughts with positive ones and be proud of our achievements, no matter how small.
When stress takes over, it can be really challenging to return to your happy state.
To help you get back there, here are some inspirational, wise, and uplifting stress and depression quotes and sayings.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Inspirational quotes on stress and how to handle it
1. “It’s not stress that kills us, it’s our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on being calm.
2. There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window. – Dan Brown
3. Problems can be experienced as… a chance for renewal rather than stress. – Marilyn Ferguson
You will also enjoy our article on anxiety quotes.
4. When I’m under stress, I do yoga. It’s when I’m happiest that I have a problem with junk food. – Britney Spears
You will also enjoy our article on anchor quotes.
5. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” —Brian Tracy
You will also enjoy our article on calm quotes.
6. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
7. I enjoy an evening stroll. It helps me to reflect and eases stress. – Blac Chyna
8. I’ve chosen to treat my life more like a party than something to stress about. – Martin Short
9. “Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
10. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
Quotes on stress and how to manage it
11. “One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things that you cannot control.” – M. P. Neary
12. Stress is the trash of modern life we all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life. – Danzae Pace
13. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
14. “Over-thinking causes unnecessary stress and worry, and tends to blow things out of proportion.” – Melissa Eshleman
15. “Laughter helps bring balance to a stressful situation.” – Kala Stevenson
16. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.”– David Allen
17. “Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive.”– Ziggy Marley
18. “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.”– Dean Smith
19. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.”– Robert Eliot
20. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mohandas Gandhi
Also, read these insanity quotes on staying sane in the chaos that is life.
Inspirational stress quotes to calm you
21. Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. – Astrid Alauda
22. “In a year you’ll barely remember why you felt so stressed, so why stress about it now?” – Unknown
23. “Stress can actually help you focus better and can be positive. Having small amounts of stress can stimulate you to think. Being able to manage your stress is key.” – Frank Long
24. “… some stress is necessary in our lives when we want to stimulate creativity, or to promote learning.” –Christian J. Borg
25. “Each moment of worry, anxiety or stress represents lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease.” ― T.F. Hodge
26. “Sometimes we can focus so much on nothing that we make it a big something of nothing” ― Ricky Maye
27. “Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change.”- Anonymous
28. “Stress spelled backward is desserts.” – Loretta Laroche
29. “Trying to be a perfectionist brings increased stress and hinders performance.” – T. Whitmore
30. “Gratitude can reduce your stress and anxiety.” – Bree Miller
Quotes about stress in life
31. “I think one of the biggest things that sleep does is help with emotional stress.” – Joe Zeller
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
32. “Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.” ― Jane Wagner
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll love our collection of mental health quotes for happiness and success.
33. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.? – Richard Carlson
34. Stress is like spice – in the right proportion it enhances the flavor of a dish. Too little produces a bland, dull meal; too much may choke you. – Donald Tubesing
35. Pressure and stress is the common cold of the psyche. – Andrew Denton
36. “Much of the stress people encounter is derived from dishonesty. People first lie to themselves and then to others.” – David DeNotaris
37. “Give your stress wings and let if fly away.” –Terri Guillemets
38. “Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live life. Proceed. Progress.” – Lil Wayne
39. “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” –Mark Black
40. “A good way to overcome stress is to help others out of theirs.” ― Dada J. P. Vaswani
Inspirational quotes about stress
41. Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. – Natalie Goldberg
42. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.~Etty Hillesum
43. We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.~ David Mamet
44. In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.~ Fred Rogers
45. Our stresses, anxieties, pains, and problems arise because we do not see the world, others, or even ourselves as worthy of love.~ Prem Prakash
46. When you are stressed on mind…to pour it out, is the behaviour, most kind!~ Sujit Lalwani
47. Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress.~ Lysa TerKeurst
48. Everyone is struggling under stress and fear. Only with right attitude we can avoid regrets.~ Kishore Bansal
49. “The human body can be placed under huge stresses before death will result.” ― Steven Magee
50. “The stresses and strains of life mould us into our mature selves. The key to life is to accept the wisdom of our later years while maintaining our youthful enthusiasm and curiosity for the world.” ― Stewart Stafford
You might also like these running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
Stress quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “Whenever you feel tension mounting up, just smile: you will break the force of tension.”― Dada J. P. Vaswani
52. “Stress comes from the fear of the unknown. To reduce stress, love what you do and be who you are.”― Debasish Mridha
53. “Stress and striving always color your art in unintended ways.”― Allen Arnold
54. “When money becomes your purpose, stress and depression becomes your path.”― Prabakaran Thirumalai
55. “The more stress you accumulate, the heavier it becomes. If you accumulate too much, the weight of carrying it can break you.”― Oscar Auliq-Ice
56. “Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning.”― Jennifer Coletta
57. “Make others laugh by laughing at yourself. This is the best way to de-stress.”― Tapan Ghosh
58. “Don’t stress over being yourself. The act of being yourself is simply to be. Be without changing yourself for others. Simply be.”― Avina Celeste
59. “Relax. No one else knows what they’re doing either.”― Ricky Gervais
60. “You won’t stress over it unless you care.”― Joyce Rachelle
Stress quotes for encouragement
61. “A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” – Anonymous
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of diamond quotes about the power of long lasting beauty.
62. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”– Bruce Lee
63. “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha
64. “Remember that stress doesn’t come from what’s going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what’s going on in your life.”– Andrew Bernstein
65. “If you really want to escape the things that harass you, what you’re needing is not to be in a different place but to be a different person.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
66. “The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest.”– Katrina Mayer
67. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
68. “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.”– Najwa Zebian
69. “Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is. The only problem in your life is your mind’s resistance to life as it unfolds. You don’t have to control your thoughts.” – Dan Millman
70. “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.”– Renee Jain
Stress quotes to make you feel better
71. “Stress and unhappiness come not from situations, but how you respond to situations.” – Brian Tracy
72. “If you think too far ahead, then it’ll just stress you out.” – Laurie Hernandez
73. “Practicing mindful meditation is an extremely effective way to manage both our feelings of stress and anxiety.” – Kristine Ally
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of meditation quotes about the power of daily meditation.
74. “Creating something I can use is the best stress reliever.” – Blake Lively
75. “You cannot be a stress-free person and remain anxious and depressed. Getting rid of your stress is the key to saving your sanity.” – Jack Brady
76. “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
77. “Worrying is a waste of time; it changes nothing. It will only create stress, which can have major effects on your health.” – Robert Washington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
78. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
79. “Remember that every time you say yes to something, especially when you are half-hearted in agreeing, you add stress in your life.” – Philip Vang
80. “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
Stress quotes for when you need relaxation
81. “God will never give you anything you can’t handle, so don’t stress.” – Kelly Clarkson
82. “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” – Valerie Bertinelli
83. “Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life.” – Marilu Henner
84. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” – Mabel
85. “Stress is real, and you never know what a person is going through behind the camera.” – Soulja Boy
86. “My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused.” – Ashton Eaton
87. “‘Sunrise Sunset’ is about trying to get to a place where life is simple and not letting the stress and happenings in the world get in the way of your happiness.” – Benny Cassette
88. “The truth is that stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about these circumstances.” – Andrew J. Bernstein
89. “Enjoy the pressure. Enjoy the stress. Enjoy being uncomfortable. And don’t shy away from it, embrace it.” – Gary Woodland
90. “Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.” – Lily Tomlin
Stress quotes to help ease your anxiety
91. “Times of stress and difficulty are seasons of opportunity when the seeds of progress are sown.” – Thomas F. Woodlock
92. “The best way to reduce stress in your life is to stop screwing up.” – Roy F. Baumeister
93. “Stress can destroy much more than just our physical health. Too often, it eats away at our hope, belief, and faith.” – Charles F. Glassman
94. “Never look in the mirror when your stressed it’s contagious.” – Benny Bellamacina
95. “Stress and anxiety cause our brains to release chemicals that put lines in our faces and tear us down emotionally and spiritually.” – Chris Prentiss
96. “If you’re stressing over happiness, you’re doing it wrong!” – Shannon L. Alder
97. “Worrying and Stressing is useless simply because whatever GOD has for you is for you. Let GOD happen.” – Sabrina Newby
98. “At some point, I finally realized that stress made a really bad companion… so I had it pack its shit and leave.” – Steve Maraboli
99. “Sometimes when people are under stress, they hate to think, and it’s the time when they most need to think.” – William J. Clinton
100. “Behind every stressful thought is the desire for things to be other than they are.” – Toni Bernhard
More stress quotes and sayings
101. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
102. “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.”— Jack Kornfield
103. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
104. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”— Lao Tzu
105. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
106. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”— Wayne W. Dyer
107. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William Burroughs
108. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”— Oprah Winfrey
109. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
110. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Han
Stress quotes to help bring balance
111. “Live a life that is well balanced; don’t do things in excess.” -Daniel Smith
112. “Self-care is, fundamentally, about bringing balance back to a life that has grown imbalanced from too many commitments or responsibilities.” -Robyn L. Gobin
113. “Too much of one thing can end up creating stress; this is something that no one needs in their life. But living a life in balance can provide harmony and peace.” -Catherine Pulsifer
114. “The more often you decline invitations to spend time with friends or family because you are too busy with either work or other activities, the more you should realize that your life is not in balance.” -Byron Pulsifer
115. “I’m not suggesting you deny or suppress your emotions, but just discover for yourself what it takes for you to handle your emotions and stay balanced.” -Wendy Hearn
116. “It’s not about balance, it’s about designing a work-home-family life that makes you feel good. A life you don’t need a vacation from.” -Jacqueline Frosh
117. “It’s also important to give attention to your health and hygiene. Keep yourself healthy by exercising, eating a balanced diet, and sleeping right.” -Kathleen Rao
118. “Take some time to learn which opinions you need to value and which ones you simply need to stop listening to.” -Frankie Robinson
119. “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” -Bryant McGrill
120. “Say no to the demands of the world. Say yes to the longings of your own heart.” –Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Stress Quotes To Get You Going
121. “Stress should be a powerful driving force, not an obstacle.” ― Bill Phillips
122. “There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full.” ― Henry Kissinger
123. “Stress acts as an accelerator: it will push you either forward or backward, but you choose which direction.” ― Chelsea Erieau
124. “Times of stress are also times that are signals for growth, and if we use adversity properly, we can grow through adversity.” — Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski
125. “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” — Marcus Aurelius
126. “There is no such thing as a stress-free life. No evidence has ever been presented which suggests that a stress-free life can ever be achieved. Stress can be managed, relieved and lessened, but never eliminated.” — Gudjon Bergmann
127. “Stress is not what happens to us. It’s our response TO what happens. And RESPONSE is something we can choose.” — Maureen Killoran
128. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
129. “Stress is largely self-inflicted, so the ability to manage stress more effectively comes from managing oneself.” ― Michael Hetherington
130. “Stress can result in anxiety if handled poorly, or achievement if handled well. Instead of thinking about your worries as problems, think of them as challenges – and if possible, as opportunities.” ― Chelsea Erieau
Which were your favorite stress quotes?
Stress is a part of life.
Stressful situations are bound to arise at some point.
When they do, it’s upon us to continue thriving despite the added tension.
No matter what stress and challenges life throws at us, we have to be mentally strong in order to be successful.
Hopefully, these stress quotes will help you cope with whatever stressful situation you might be facing.
Which are your favorite quotes on stress?
Do you have any other stress quotes to share with us?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.