If you can’t get enough of cars, from owning them to looking at them, these car quotes are for you.
For some people, a car is simply a means of transportation.
It’s a way to move from one place to another faster than you could on a foot or a bike or a horse.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by researchers at the University of California, the type of car a person drives can reveal a lot about their personality traits, such as conscientiousness, extraversion, and emotional stability.
This study suggests that the cars we choose to drive are a reflection of our underlying personality traits.
However, there are also people who can’t get enough of cars.
They want to look at them, study them, talk about them and own as many as they can.
There might be a favorite model that they love or they may like them all.
If that describes you, you’re sure to enjoy these car quotes. Keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these motorcycle quotes that will make you want to hit the open road.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational car quotes about personality and identity
A study published in the Journal of Psychology and Marketing found that people who drive sports cars tend to be more outgoing, adventurous, and status-conscious than those who drive other types of cars.
This study suggests that the type of car we choose to drive can reveal important information about our social and psychological traits.
1. “The cars we drive say a lot about us.” ― Alexandra Paul
You will also enjoy our article on drug quotes.
2. “When it comes to cars, only two varieties of people are possible – cowards and fools.” ― Russell Baker
You will also enjoy our article on engineering quotes.
3. “Fast cars are my only vice.” ― Michael Bay
You will also enjoy our article on Fast and Furious quotes.
4. “I’ve always been into cars. Cars are part of our genetic makeup. It’s unavoidable.” ― Matthew Fox
You will also enjoy our article on Soichiro Honda quotes.
5. “I thought cars were essential ingredients of life itself.” ― Edward Herrmann
You will also enjoy our article on Talladega Nights quotes.
6. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” ― Prince Philip
You will also enjoy our article on Paul Walker quotes.
7. “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” ― George Carlin
You will also enjoy our article on Joe Dirt quotes.
8. “Cars are the reason we, you know, people live or die.” ― Steven Curtis Chapman
You will also enjoy our article on Vine quotes.
9. “All human males were as fascinated with cars as they were with breasts.” ― Anita Clenney
You will also enjoy our article on rain quotes.
10. “There’s three things men always talk about – women, sports, and cars.” ― Mario Lopez
You will also enjoy our article on Rodney Dangerfield quotes.
11. “The way I drive, the way I handle a car, is an expression of my inner feelings.” ― Lewis Hamilton
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
12. “Shoes make an outfit; they’re like rims for a car.” ― Omari Hardwick
You will also enjoy our article on Mrs. Doubtfire quotes.
13. “One person’s car is another person’s scenery.” ― Jonathan I’ve
You will also enjoy our article on consistency quotes.
14. “Automobiles have always been part of my life, and I’m sure they always will be. What is it about them that moves me? The sound of a great engine, the unity and uniqueness of an automobile’s engineering and coachwork, the history of the company and the car, and, of course, the sheer beauty of the thing.” ― Edward Herrmann
You will also enjoy our article on obsession quotes.
15. “I’m a crazy car guy. I’ve got an airplane hangar full of cars.” ― Paul Walker
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on addiction.
16. “I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car’s headlights and tell you exactly which way it’s coming.” ― Mitch Hedberg
You might also like these truck quotes that are bound to inspire truck drivers.
Car quotes about advancement and discoveries
A study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science found that people who own large, imposing vehicles like SUVs tend to be more aggressive and less empathetic than those who drive smaller, more fuel-efficient cars.
This study suggests that the type of car we choose to drive can have important implications for our social and psychological behavior.
17. “Self-driving cars are the natural extension of active safety and obviously something we should do.” ― Elon Musk
18. “I love vintage cars because you can do so much more to them.” ― T-Pain
19. “Electric cars are not going to take the market by storm, but it’s going to be a gradual improvement.” ― Carlos Ghosn
20. “Electric cars aren’t pollution-free; they have to get their energy from somewhere.” ― Alexandra Paul
21. “Generally, cars were not built to sit on dealer lots. It encourages the wrong kind of behavior in the whole system.” ― Rick Wagoner
22. “I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.” ― Ferdinand Porsche
23. “Flying cars are not a very efficient way to move things from one point to another.” ― Bill Gates
24. “I’ve always been asked, ‘What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ‘The next one.’” ― Carroll Shelby
25. “We at BMW do not build cars as consumer objects, just to drive from A to B. We build mobile works of art.” ― Chris Bangle
26. “I really do encourage other manufacturers to bring electric cars to market. It’s a good thing, and they need to bring it to market and keep iterating and improving and make better and better electric cars, and that’s what going to result in humanity achieving a sustainable transport future. I wish it was growing faster than it is.” ― Elon Musk
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of hot rod quotes to get you revved up and ready to race!
Car quotes about racing and competition
According to a report by Statista, there were over 276 million registered vehicles on U.S. roads in 2019.
This statistic highlights the pervasiveness of car culture in the United States and underscores the importance of cars in American society.
27. “I love fast cars… and to go too fast in them.” ― Lara Flynn Boyle
28. “If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough.” ― Parnelli Jones
29. “A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments.” ― Mario Andretti
30. “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.” ― Colin McRae
31. “Fast cars like Porsches and Ferraris – they are things of beauty.” ― Rod Stewart
32. “You’re safer in the race car than you are in cars going to and from the track.” ― Mario Andretti
33. “Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.” ― Enzo Ferrari
34. “Race cars, no matter what size or shape they are, they do the same things. It is not complicated.” ― Tony Stewart
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of key quotes for opening locks.
Car quotes about happiness and emotions
According to a survey by AAA, the average American spends 70 minutes per day behind the wheel.
This statistic underscores the amount of time that people spend in their cars and reinforces the idea that cars are an integral part of daily life for many people.
35. “Cars bring me sheer joy.” ― Evan Spiegel
36. “Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.” ― E. B. White
37. “I am emotional about engines, if you hurt my car, you hurt my heart.” ― Amit Kalantri
38. “You can know or not know how a car runs and still enjoy riding in a car.” ― David Byrne
39. “Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” ― Françoise Sagan
40. “A dream without ambition is like a car without gas… you’re not going anywhere.” ― Sean Hampton
41. “There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window.” ― Dan Brown
Car quotes about human and society
A study published in the Journal of Transport Geography found that owning a car is associated with greater levels of life satisfaction.
This statistic suggests that for many people, owning a car is not just a practical necessity but also a source of happiness and well-being.
42. “A new car is not going to change your life.” ― Monica Ali
43. “All of those cars were once just a dream in somebody’s head.” ― Peter Gabriel
44. “When you have a great car, you want people to see the car.” ― Andris Nelsons
45. “The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.” ― Dudley Moore
46. “If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” ― Earl Wilson
47. “The car has become the carapace, the protective and aggressive shell, of urban and suburban man.” ― Marshall McLuhan
48. “There’s no way we could take cars off the planet and not have our society fall apart. So they’re a necessary evil, in that sense.” ― Lindsay Wagner
49. “Consumers do not want a perceived cheap car; they want a car to flaunt. A car is as much about status and identity as it is about transport.” ― Jens Martin Skibsted
50. “It’s like driving your car. If you drive too fast on the highway, you will topple, so you better maintain your speed. Life is similar to that, and that’s the way you have to control your head.” ― A. R. Rahman
More car quotes and sayings
According to a survey conducted by CarGurus, 61% of Americans say that they enjoy driving, and 39% say they don’t enjoy driving.
This statistic can help to contextualize the role that cars play in American culture and reinforce the idea that driving is a source of enjoyment for many people.
51. “Modern cars I don’t like so much.” ― Amber Heard
52. “We aren’t addicted to oil, but our cars are.” ― James Woolsey
53. “Cars mean nothing to me. I’m not a car guy.” ― Penn Jillettecar
54. “There’s nothing wrong with the car except that it’s on fire.” ― Murray Walker
55. “The ideal racecar will expire 100 yards past the finish line.” ― Stirling Moss
56. “Older cars tend to drive like older cars. That is not for me.” ― Robert Herjavec
57. “A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life.” ― Jaime Lerner
58. “The racing driver needs to be fed a diet of other racing drivers.” ― Carroll Smith
59. “A city that outdistances man’s walking powers is a trap for man.” ― Arnold Toynbee
60. “Racing … it’s life. Everything that comes before or after is just waiting.” ― Michael Delaney
Exciting car quotes and sayings
A study conducted by researchers at the University of California, San Francisco found that air pollution from cars can contribute to an increased risk of heart disease.
This finding can help to underscore the importance of reducing emissions and promoting alternative modes of transportation.
61. “I love the wheels, I mean steering wheel.” ― Amit Kalantri
62. “Cars are the sculptures of our everyday lives.” ― Chris Bangle
63. “If a part can be installed incorrectly, it will be.” ― Murphy’s Law
64. “A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life.” ― Jaime Lernercar
65. “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.” ― Erma Bombeck
66. “A fast car can make women ‘like’ a man; and a man ‘like’ women … fast.” ― Mokokoma
67. “If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?” ― Steven Wright
68. “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up.” ― Florence Griffith
69. “You can’t make a racehorse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig.” ― Bob Akin
70. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ― Albert Einstein
Hilarious car quotes and captions
According to a survey conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, drowsy driving is responsible for an estimated 6,000 fatal crashes in the United States each year.
This statistic can help to raise awareness about the dangers of driving while tired and encourage individuals to prioritize getting enough rest before getting behind the wheel.
71. “I don’t buy fur coats or jewelry. I have old cars.” ― Peta Wilson
72. “If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow.” ― Ross Bentley
73. “In your life, always be like a driver who runs the car not just a car.” ― Santosh Kalwar
74. “Nothing ages your car as much as the sight of your neighbor’s new one.” ― EVAN ESAR
75. “The way I drive and handle a car is an expression of my inner feelings.” ― Lewis Hamilton
76. “Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road.” ― Amit Kalantri
77. “The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive.” ― Sir Alec Issigonis
78. “I am so obsessed with the cars that sometimes I feel like my heart is not a muscle, it’s an engine.” ― Amit
79. “When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.” ― Ayrton Senna
80. “You’ll always remember your first car and the memories that come with it – that sense of adventure!” ― Paddy McGuinness
Car quotes for automobile fanatics
81. “I drive a car that has pleather seats.” ― Kathy Freston
82. “I like fast cars. And I like champions.” ― Martina Hingis
83. “Cars are simply near and dear to my heart.” ― John Lasseter
84. “I love sleeping in a moving car more than sleeping in bed.” ― Ben stein
85. “I had to stop driving my car for a while… the tires got dizzy.” ― Steven Wright
86. “Some men take good care of a car; others treat it like one of the family.” ― Evan Esar
87. “I have a passion for fast cars. To drive them means pure joy to me.” ― Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
88. “It’s a never-ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.” ― Dale Earnhardt
89. “I love everything from old-school cars to whatever the latest muscle or luxury vehicles are.” ― Ludacris
90. “Driving race cars was an avenue for me to learn how to build my own car, and that was my ambition all along.” ― Carroll Shelby
Car quotes for a luxurious lifestyle
91. “I’ve always loved fast vehicles and looking at interesting cars.” ― Ndamukong Suh
92. “I don’t like to go over curbs, because I don’t want to be hard on the car.” ― Alain Prost
93. “I’m actually quite modest. All I want is a nice car. All I want is a drink at midnight on Sunday night and I’ll be a very happy man.” ― Gavin Friday
94. “There wasn’t a moment where I got into cars. It wasn’t a conscience decision or something that came later, it was there since I was born. I just love it.” ― Eric Bana
95. “When I finish a song, I never feel like I want to restrict its life. I feel that once I’ve done something, it’s out. It’s in people’s ears, cars, headphones. It has its own journey.” ― Imogen Heap
96. “I like to get away from noise, although I will play noisy music in my car to keep myself awake. But my ears need a rest sometimes. I do enjoy listening to classical music.” ― Chuck Panozzo
97. “Maybe in 10 years,I’ll only be doing “classical” comedy. Or crashing my car into trees.” ― Michael Showalter
98. “When you’re in a car which can win every race, or fight for a win every race, that is pressure.” ― Jenson Button
99. “I have a very tiny house in Burbank. I drive an 8-year-old car. I’m gonna drive it into the ground. I enjoy what I enjoy.” ― Patton Oswalt
100. “Never try to do anything artistic when you’re feeling something overwhelming. It’s like driving a car: If you’re experiencing road rage, pull over.” ― Stephin Merritt
What did you learn from these car quotes?
The first car was invented back in 1886 and they haven’t stopped changing and adapting from that moment on.
Car companies learned how to get faster at making them so they could produce them for less money and for more people.
They moved from all looking pretty much the same to having very different appearances.
We can now choose from vintage cars, used cars, or new ones.
There are cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. And we can choose to make them any color that we want.
You may have a bigger appreciation for vintage cars or the old muscle cars or you may love to see what the new adaptions are coming out each year.
Whatever side you fall on, there’s something about a love for cars that can bond people together.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these car quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.