Life only lasts so long, and these quotes are sure to help you make the most of it.
Tell us in the comments below which of these time quotes made you think the most.
It’s been said since we can all remember that time is a terrible thing to waste.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by the University of British Columbia found that people who perceive time as scarce are less likely to engage in meaningful activities and report lower levels of happiness and life satisfaction.
Including time quotes in the article can help the audience shift their perspective on time and inspire them to make the most of their moments, leading to greater happiness and fulfillment.
It’s an expiration that’s ever-present, and if we sit around wasting it we will be sorry that we let it go to waste.
Time is something that no one can ever get back, and these terrific time quotes prove just how precious each moment of life is.
Feel gracious for each minute you’ve been gifted with these quotes about time as your friendly reminder.
Time moves surprisingly fast.
In life, you turn around and before you know it, years have gone by.
Time is the most precious resource we have at our disposal.
On this earth, we only have a limited amount of time to spend with our friends, family and loved ones.
But although we have the same amount of hours in a day, many of us never seem to have enough time.
Some people seem to be able to get more from their day than others.
Making the most of your time boils down to time management – you have to plan, prioritize, and spend wisely the hours you have.
In that regard, here are some inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking time quotes, time sayings, and time proverbs that will encourage you to use your time wisely.
Also, check out these insightful priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Inspirational time quotes about making the most of it
A study by the University of California found that people who prioritize experiences over material possessions report greater happiness and well-being, highlighting the value of making the most of one’s time.
Including time quotes that emphasize the importance of experiential living can inspire the audience to prioritize experiences over material possessions, leading to greater happiness and well-being.
1. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on Motivational Quotes of the Day.
2. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ” ― Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on great quotes about life.
3. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” ― Tennessee Williams
You will also enjoy our article on Living in the Moment Quotes.
4. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
You will also enjoy our article on one day at a time quotes.
5. “Time will pass and seasons will come and go.” – Roy Bean
You will also enjoy our article on thinking of you quotes.
6. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
7. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” ― Roy T. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on quotes tough times.
8. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
You will also enjoy our article on living in the moment quotes.
9. “Time is what we want most, but… what we use worst.” – William Penn
You will also enjoy our article on falling in love quotes for him and her.
10. “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.” – Theophrastus
You will also enjoy our article on dont waste my time quotes.
11. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” – Stephen King
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
12. “Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late.” – William Shakespeare
Check out our collection of timing is everything quotes if you enjoy this article.
Inspirational time quotes about making good use of every minute of your life
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, time management is one of the top sources of stress for American adults, with 64% citing it as a significant stressor.
Including time quotes that offer the audience guidance and inspiration for managing their time can help reduce stress and improve their well-being.
13. “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.” ― Lao Tzu
You will also enjoy our article on Benjamin Franklin quotes.
14. “Life is all about having a good time.” – Miley Cyrus
15. “No use thinking of the past for its gone, don’t think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because that’s where you are.” – Kazi Shams
16. “If time flies when you’re having fun, it hits the afterburners when you don’t think you’re having enough.” – Jef Mallett
17. “All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” – Baltasar Gracian
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
18. “Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.” – Delmore Schwartz
19. “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” – Stephen R. Covey
20. “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” – Harvey Mackay
21. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” – Bruce Lee
You Might Also Like: How to Make Time Go Faster When Doing Something Mundane
Inspirational time quotes to make you appreciate it
Research by the University of California, Irvine found that the average person’s attention span is only 8 seconds long.
This highlights the importance of making the most of the time we have and appreciating every moment.
22. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” ― Marthe Troly-Curtin
23. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
24. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
25. “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
26. “There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on.” – Leo Christopher
27. “It’s always about timing. If it’s too soon, no one understands. If it’s too late, everyone’s forgotten.”― Anna Wintour
28. “Change your 24 hours and you will change your life.” – Eric Thomas
29. “The time is always right to do the right thing.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
30. “There are moments and days when I want to freeze time, and there are days I wish away.” – Sarah Williams
31. “Hands of time move us forward, never back. Only memories frozen in mind, can we re-enact.” – Robert M. Hensel
32. “Your time is the one thing you can’t pawn off on somebody else. What do you want to be doing? Are you doing it?” – Anita Dhake
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Inspirational time quotes to encourage you to use it wisely
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that people who express gratitude for the time they have are more likely to experience positive emotions and improve their overall well-being.
This suggests that taking time to appreciate what we have can have positive effects on our mental health.
33. “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” ― Anthony G. Oettinger
34. “Time is an equal opportunity employer, but how we treat time is not equal.” – John C. Maxwell
35. “Time is the one thing we all have in common, but it is also the one thing that we all use differently.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “The trouble is, you think you have time.” — Buddha
37. “We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it.” — Roald Dahl
38. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Mark Twain
39. “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
40. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
41. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
42. “Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute.” – Zig Ziglar
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
Time quotes to make you better
According to a study by the University of Texas, setting goals and deadlines can improve productivity and help individuals make the most of their time.
This highlights the importance of using time effectively in order to achieve one’s goals and aspirations.
43. “They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite” ― Cassandra Clare
44. “We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.” – John F. Kennedy
45. “There is a time for work, and a time for love. That leaves no other time.”― Coco Chanel
46. “Time is money.” – BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
47. “Time will run back and fetch the Age of Gold.” – JOHN MILTON
48. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
49. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
50. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
Other inspirational time quotes
51. “Time management is about life management.”― Idowu Koyenikan
52. “Everyone’s time is limited. What matters most is to focus on what matters most.”― Roy T. Bennett
53. “The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus.”― Robert Greene
54. “Time, as it grows old, teaches all things.”― Aeschylus
55. “How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever.”― David Norris
56. “Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students.”― Hector Berlioz
57. “You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute.”― Mitch Albom
58. “The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have.”― Henry James
59. “Time and tide wait for no man.”― Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
60. “Time has taught me not to lose hope, yet not to trust too much in hope either.”― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
61. “Time deals gently only with those who take it gently.”― Anatole France
62. “Time is the clarity for seeing right and wrong.”― Alan Lightman
63. “If you keep waiting for the right time, it may never happen. Sometimes you have to make the most of the time you have.”― Priya Ardis
64. “Time felt slower when we do nothing but wait.”― Toba Beta
65. “Let every man be master of his time.”― William Shakespeare
More time quotes and sayings
66. “Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself.” – Khaled Hosseini
67. “Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.” – Ray Cummings
68. “Never waste a minute thinking about people you don’t like.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
69. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
70. “Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.” – Thomas Hardy
71. “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
72. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” ― Andy Warhol
73. “Time is a storm in which we are all lost.” – William Carlos Williams
74. “Time was such an odd thing. One moment you could talk to someone, then suddenly, they were gone.” – Patricia Briggs
75. “Time is the enemy of identity.”― Michael Moorcock
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
One step at a time quotes
76. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” – John Wanamaker
77. “Just take one step at a time… That’s really all you can do…” ― Noetic Alchemy
78. “Let’s get through this one step at a time.” – Unknown
79. “One step at a time is all it takes to get you there.” ― Emily Dickinson
80. “Don’t rush the process. Good things take time.” – Unknown
81. “Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time.” ― Shaurya Suzuki
82. “One step at a time is good walking.” ― Proverb
83. “One step at a time, I get to make positive choices to fulfill my dreams.” ― Deena Kastor
84. “Keep walking the walk, one step at a time.” ― Joyce Meyer
85. “I thought: Just one step. One step at a time. You don’t have to do them all at once.” ― Jennifer Niven
Thought-provoking time flies quotes to give you perspective
86. “Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.” – Victor Hugo
87. “Time flies, and what is past is done.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
88. “Time flies when you are having fun.” – Albert Einstein
89. “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” – Stacia Tausher
90. “When we are children, we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” – Patrick Rothfuss
91. “There are no refunds on misspent time.” – Jack Butcher
92. “Time flies when you’re multitasking.” – Bert McCoy
93. “Time flies when you’re on an emotional roller coaster.” – Kaitlyn Bristowe
94. “For myself, personally, I am never really aware of timing or anything because I am passionate about what I do, so I have found that if you really love what you do, then time flies.” – Colm Wilkinson
95. “When you get a groove going, time flies.” – Donald Fagen
Short Inspirational Time Quotes On Its Importance
96. “Time waits for no one.” — Folklore
97. “Time is the wisest counselor of all.” — Pericles
98. “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
99. “Time brings all things to pass.” — Aeschylus
100. “Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.” — Dion Boucicault
101. “The future is uncertain but the end is always near.” — Jim Morrison
102. “Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.” — Mason Cooley
103. “The way we spend our time defines who we are.” — Jonathan Estrin
104. “There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” — Bill Watterson
105. “It’s not that we have little time, but more that we waste a good deal of it.” — Seneca
Short Inspirational Time Quotes That Will Make You Embrace It
106. “We go back and forth between being time’s master and its victim.” — James Gleick
107. “Lack of time is actually a lack of priorities.” — Tim Ferriss
108. “The present time has one advantage over every other — it is our own.” — Charles Caleb Colton
109. “Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got.” — Art Buchwald
110. “You can’t make up for lost time. You can only do better in the future.” — Ashley Ormon
111. “There are no secrets that time does not reveal.” — Jean Racine
112. “Time is long but life is short.” — Stevie Wonder
113. “The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time.” — William Butler Yeats
114. “Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it.” — Leonardo da Vinci
115. “As time goes by, you seem to weed out the things that were making your life hard.” — Tom Petty
Inspirational Time Quotes To Use Your Time Wisely
116. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ― Harriet Beecher Stowe
117. “The wisest are the most annoyed at the loss of time.” ― Dante Alighieri
118. “The perfect time to do what you love is now.” ― Neil Strauss
119. “If you want to make good use of your time, you’ve got to know what’s most important and then give it all you’ve got.” ― Lee Iacocca
120. “Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment. That is what’s real.” ― Sara Paddison
121. “Use time wisely because you’ll never get it back.” ― Katherine Pakieser-Reed
122. “Take time to get it right. Save the time of doing it over again.” ― Rao
123. “There is never enough time, I have to manage within this stipulated time and do all I can.” ― Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury
124. “If you are constantly lamenting about never having enough time, you will accomplish absolutely nothing at all.” ― Bradley Kirkland
125. “I can use my time much better working on tomorrow’s problem than by fretting about yesterday’s.” ― Admiral King
Inspirational Time Quotes To Help You Manage Time Wisely
126. “Spend your time doing something that will better you.” — Alysia Rieg
127. “When we understand time as an unfolding, we know when it is the right time to act.” — Glenn Aparicio Parry
128. “Time is like a flowing river that swiftly moves along carrying us from yesterday to tomorrow.” — William Powell Tuck
129. “Though time is a gift, we often dismiss its fleetingness or use it for our own pleasure.” — Bob Burton
130. “Making ourselves more aware of our ability to master and use time is a powerful tool and it begins with awareness.” — Elizabeth Wells
131. “While the time is now, use time wisely because it does not take kindly to waste.” — Shauntrice Dewberry
132. “If you spend all your time doing the same thing every day, then you should not be surprised if you achieve the same results every time.” — Jason Lee
133. “Time is the herald of truth.” — Edward Parsons Day
134. “Since at the end of the day, it’s not about having time, it’s really about making time for what’s important.” — Erin Brown Hollis
135. “When time is not properly put to use, stagnation, unfruitfulness, disappointments, and near-success syndrome become a byproduct.” — Jasper Abiahu
Inspirational Time Quotes On Its Valuable Nature
136. “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.” ― C.S. Lewis
137. “Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.” ― Richard Warren
138. “All great achievements require time.” ― Maya Angelou
139. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.” ― Thomas A. Edison
140. “Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away.” ― Ben Hecht
141. “Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
142. “It is looking at things for a long time that ripens you and gives you a deeper meaning.” ― Vincent Van Gogh
143. “The more your know yourself, the more you understand life, the more you value your time.” ― Maxime Lagacé
144. “You cannot always wait for the perfect time. Sometimes you must dare to jump.” ― Yasmeen Bleeth
145. “Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.” ― Marcus Aurelius
Which of these inspirational time quotes was your favorite?
Although we have a limited amount of time, it is something many of us squander away.
Using your time effectively is important, and you stand to gain from it.
Remember, how we spend our time is how we spend our lives.
Hopefully, these time quotes will inspire you to be wiser with your time.
Did you enjoy these inspirational time quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.