Check out this handpicked selection of coffee quotes to remind you of the powerful effects of the world’s most beloved beverage.
Like most of us, you probably start your day with a cup of coffee.
Using the comment section below, tell us which coffee quote is your favorite.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by the National Coffee Association, 64% of Americans aged 18 or older drank coffee within the past day.
This statistic highlights the popularity of coffee in the United States and underscores its importance as a cultural staple.
What are the benefits of reading these coffee quotes?
There’s something magical in how coffee can brighten our morning mood and give us the spark to seize the day.
Coffee is one of those drinks that many of us can’t do without.
The brew is great for keeping us on our toes throughout the day.
Besides the obvious physical implications, scientific studies have revealed that coffee also has psychological benefits.
Research has shown that:
- Even a small dose of coffee can make you focus on the positive
- Improve your performance and productivity
- Decrease depression
In addition, coffee is a great social drink.
Whenever you want to be social, instead of drinking alcohol, just grab a cup of coffee.
Because of its stimulating qualities, it will loosen you up and help you enjoy yourself at the party.
To help you celebrate the love for your favorite beverage, below is our collection of hot, funny, and inspirational coffee quotes, coffee sayings, and coffee proverbs, collected from various sources over the years.
And if you need inspiration for a good morning message to start your special one’s day with a smile, don’t forget to check out our large collection of text messages.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Coffee Quotes to Wake You Up Every Morning
Researchers from the University of California, Davis, found that coffee consumption was associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
This statistic could be particularly relevant to readers who are concerned about their own risk of developing diabetes.
1. “It’s amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee.” – Donna A. Favors
You will also enjoy our article on good morning texts for her.
2. “As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”― Cassandra Clare
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
3. “I like my coffee like I like myself: strong, sweet, and too hot for you.” – Jac Vanek
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
4. “Without my morning coffee, I’m just like a dried-up piece of a goat.” – J.S. Bach
You will also enjoy our article on zoolander quotes.
5. “Coffee. Creative lighter fluid.” – Floyd Maxwell
You will also enjoy our article on beach quotes and captions.
6. “I’d rather take coffee than compliments just now.”― Louisa May Alcott
You will also enjoy our article on happy friday quotes.
7. “No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee’s frothy goodness.” — Sheik Abd-al-Kabir
You will also enjoy our article on kendrick lamar quotes.
8. “Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven.” – Jessi Lane Adams
You will also enjoy our article on vine quotes.
9. “I orchestrate my mornings to the tune of coffee.” – Terri Guillemets
You will also enjoy our article on chocolate quotes.
10. “Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep.” — Fran Drescher
You might also like these tea quotes about the benefits of tea.
Powerful coffee quotes that will tempt you to reach for another cup
Researchers from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston found that drinking coffee before a workout can increase endurance and decrease muscle pain.
This research suggests that coffee could be a useful tool for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
11. “Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee.” – Stephanie Piro
You will also enjoy our article on sling blade quotes.
12. “Never trust anyone who doesn’t drink coffee.” – AJ Lee
You will also enjoy our article on you quotes.
13. “Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.” – Turkish Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on jim henson quotes.
14. “Coffee, It’s the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions!” – Mike Ditka
You will also enjoy our article on food quotes.
15. “Adventure in life is good; consistency in coffee even better.” ― Justina Chen Headley
You will also enjoy our article on good afternoon quotes.
16. “There’s nothing sweeter than a cup of bitter coffee.” — Rian Aditia
You will also enjoy our article on New Girl quotes.
17. “Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.” – Thomas Jefferson
You will also enjoy our article on tuesday quotes.
18. “Please pour me some coffee and sit beside me. I want to have a perfect start to this day.” ― Nitya Prakash
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
19. “What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?” – Anthony Trollope
20. “I love my Saturday coffee the way I used to love Saturday morning cartoons.” – Nanea Hoffman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Saturday quotes that will encourage you to have a fantastic day.
Famous coffee quotes that will inspire you in no time
According to a study by the National Coffee Association (NCA), around 62% of Americans drink coffee daily.
This highlights the widespread love for coffee and the importance of having relatable coffee quotes to share with fellow coffee enthusiasts.
21. “Never underestimate the power of a good cup of coffee.” – Ursula Vernon
22. “I judge a restaurant by the bread and by the coffee.”– Burt Lancaster
23. “Strange how the bitterness of coffee makes life sweet.” – Suhaib Rumi
24. “At least there was coffee. Reliable, delicious, life-giving coffee.” – Mary H.K. Choi
25. “The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks.” ― Sir James Mackintosh
26. “Four cups of coffee a day may keep depression at bay.” ― Steven Magee
27. “It’s when you look over the top of your coffee cup, that you can smile at life.” ― Anthony T. Hincks.
28. “I do not question anyone anymore. I drink coffee and I live.”― Tahar Ben Jelloun
29. “To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.” – Hugh Jackman
30. “Coffee is a kind of magic you can drink.” ― Catherynne M. Valente
Don’t forget to check out these farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
Inspirational coffee quotes that will help you seize the day
A 2020 survey conducted by Statista found that 45.8% of coffee drinkers in the United States prefer to consume it in the morning.
This statistic emphasizes the significance of morning coffee rituals, making coffee quotes an ideal way to brighten someone’s day.
31. “Why, yes, I could start my day without coffee. But I like being able to remember things like how to say words and put on pants.” – Nanea Hoffman
32. “Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the coffee break.” – Earl Wilson
33. “You can’t have a decent food culture without a decent coffee culture: the two things grow up together.” – Adam Gopnik
34. “Three hundred years ago, during the Age of Enlightenment, the coffee house became the center of innovation.” – Peter Diamonde
35. “When I wake up in the morning, I just can’t get started until I’ve had that first, piping hot pot of coffee. Oh, I’ve tried other enemas.” – Emo Phillips
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
36. “To an old man a cup of coffee is like the door post of an old house — it sustains and strengthens him.”— Old Bourbon Proverb
37. “How are you feeling?”
“Coffee.”― Tiffany Reisz, The Siren
38. “Coffee is already known to be a preventative factor against mild depression, Parkinson’s disease, and colon and rectal cancers.” – Chris Kilham
39. “Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze?” — Jean Kerr
40. “Way too much coffee. But if it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” – David Letterman
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Coffee quotes that will brighten your day
Researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health discovered that moderate coffee consumption (3 to 4 cups a day) can lead to various health benefits, such as a lower risk of certain diseases.
Sharing coffee quotes may inspire others to enjoy their daily brew, and in turn, potentially experience some of these health benefits.
41. “Coffee is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility.” – Sheik-Abd-al-Kadir
42. “It doesn’t matter where you’re from – or how you feel… There’s always peace in a strong cup of coffee.” ― Gabriel Bá
43. “But even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all. New York has great water for coffee.” – David Lynch
44. “Coffee is a warm drink that fosters friendship and tastes great. What more is there to life?”― Kevin Sinnott
45. “I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable bad*ss I’m gonna be today.” – Nanea Hoffman
46. “May your coffee be stronger than any challenges you face today. But if not, remember: DON’T throw your cup at anyone. You need it for refills.” – Nanea Hoffman
47. “If you feel a need to get wired, take my advice. Loud, fast music coupled with strong, black coffee is the best way to go.” ― Lou Brutus
48. “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.'” – Jim Carrey
49. “I love coffee. I sometimes get excited at night thinking of the coffee I’ll get to drink in the morning. Coffee is reason to wake up. There are other reasons, of course. But coffee is the incentive, at the very least.” ― Annie Clark
50. “Coffee should not be drunk in a hurry. It is the sister of time, and should be sipped slowly, slowly. Coffee is the sound of taste, a sound for the aroma. It is a meditation and a plunge into memories and the soul.” ― Mahmoud Darwish
More coffee quotes and sayings
According to a study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, drinking coffee has been associated with a decreased risk of several health conditions, including type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and liver cancer.
This statistic highlights the potential health benefits of coffee and can encourage readers to enjoy their daily cup of joe guilt-free.
51. “What do you want? Just coffee. Black – like my soul.” – Cassandra Clare
52. “Coffee is a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your older self.” – Terry Pratchett
53. “No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for Before Coffee.” – Cherise Sinclair
54.“The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drank.” – Sir James MacKintosh
55. “The fresh smell of coffee soon wafted through the apartment, the smell that separates night from day.” – Haruki Murakami
56. “Life is like coffee, the darker it gets, the more it energizes.” – Ankita Singhal
57. “A morning coffee is my favorite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they don’t later fray.” ― Marcia Carrington
58. “I was taken by the power that savoring a simple cup of coffee can have to connect people and create community.” – Howard Schultz
59. “Having charged your heart and brain with a cup of coffee, you’re ready to face the challenges of life.”― Sahara Sanders
60. “There are three intolerable things in life – cold coffee, lukewarm champagne, and overexcited women…” ― Orson Welles
Coffee quotes that prove it is the best thing
A survey conducted by the National Coffee Association found that 62% of Americans drink coffee daily, with the average coffee drinker consuming 3.1 cups per day.
This statistic highlights the widespread popularity of coffee and can help readers feel a sense of community and connection with other coffee lovers.
61. “Coffee is a language in itself.” — Jackie Chan
62. “I have measured out my life with coffee spoons.” — T. S. Eliot
63. “Smell the roses. Smell the coffee. Whatever it is that makes you happy.” — Rita Moreno
64. “You need some coffee, don’t you?”
“Yes, I’ve only had a gallon.” ― John Grisham, The Confession
65. “Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with.”— Terri Guillemets
66. “I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.” — Ronald Reagan
67. “If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.” — Abraham Lincoln
68. “I need coffee to deal with this, and I’m not getting decaf.”― Matthew Arnold Stern
69. “My perfect morning is spent drinking coffee, eating porridge and reading the paper at a local cafe.” — Anton du Beke
70. “I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless.”— Napoleon Bonaparte
Coffee quotes from people who love it
According to research by the Harvard School of Public Health, caffeine consumption has been linked to improved cognitive function, including enhanced memory and attention.
This statistic can encourage readers to view coffee as a tool for boosting productivity and focus, rather than just a tasty beverage.
71. “I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.” –Lewis Black
72. “I can’t imagine a day without coffee! I can’t imagine.” –Howard Schultz
73. “I make a mean cup of coffee, if you give me the right ingredients.” –Ice Cube
74. “I like a venti black coffee, no room for cream or sugar.” –Victor J. Glover
75. “I like to sit down, relax, have a cup of coffee on the terrace and read a book.” –Marianne Vos
76. “There’s nothing quite like a quiet corner in a coffee shop to gather your thoughts and begin writing.” –Gautham Menon
77. “When traveling with someone, take large does of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee.” –Helen Hayes
78. “I only drink coffee grown in high altitude rainforests.” –Rob Dyrdek
79. “Life’s too short for bad coffee.” –Gord Downie
80. “I love having a croissant and a great cup of coffee. Just one cup.” –Marcus Samuelsson
Short coffee quotes good for social media
81. “Not all who wander are lost. Some are just looking for coffee.”
82. “A morning without coffee is like sleep.”
83. “Coffee: When your brain needs a hug.”
84. “Happiness is the smell of early morning coffee.”
85. “When you steal someone’s coffee is it called mugging?”
86. “Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.”
87. “Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee.”
88. “‘I’m gonna need you to be strong today,’ I whisper to my coffee.”
89. “Nothing stands between a girl and her coffee.”
90. “A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.”
Coffee Quotes To Make You Laugh
91. “I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee.” — Carly Simon
92. “Coffee smells like magic and fairytales.” — Allison Czarnecki
93.“They said I could be anything, so I decided to be caffeinated!” — Lizzie Chantree
94. “Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank.” — Alphonse Allais
95. “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
96. “I never laugh until I’ve had my coffee.” — Clark Gable
97. “Our culture runs on coffee and gasoline, the first often tasting like the second.”— Edward Abbey
98. “I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time.” — Steven Wright
99. “I gave up coffee. It’s almost worse than giving up a lover.” — Sandra Bullock
100. “Coffee first. Schemes later.” ― Leanna Renee Hieber
Coffee Quotes To Make You Feel Motivated
101. “He was my cream, and I was his coffee – And when you poured us together, it was something.” — Josephine Baker
102. “Like everyone else who makes the mistake of getting older, I begin each day with coffee and obituaries.” — Bill Cosby
103. “A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.” — Alfred Renyi
104. “Among the numerous luxuries of the table… coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable.” — Benjamin Franklin
105. “Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised.” — Star Trek
106. “Actually, this seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis – a good hot cup of coffee.” — Alexander King
107. “I don’t know how people live without coffee, I really don’t.” — Martha Quinn
108. “The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
109. “Coffee connects us in so many ways – to each other, to our senses, and to the earth that supports the coffee trees.” — Rohan Marley
110. “The world without coffee is like the Brits without tea.” — Jeremiah Say
Coffee Quotes To Make You Enjoy the Refreshing Taste
111. “In the modern world, coffee has become a familiar part of everyday life.” ― Adriana Farah
112. “Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Around 145 million bags of coffee are consumed each year worldwide.” ― Jessica Simms
113. “You have almost no interest in coffee and then have an epiphany, a cup of coffee that changes everything.” ― Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood
114. “Being able to kick back on your couch, bed, or porch with a nice book and a cup of coffee is something you would be hard-pressed to complain about.” ― Daniel Lancaster
115. “I can’t write this without coffee, it keeps my soul young and ambitious.” ― Omer Demir
116. “Daily and moderate intake of coffee can have an important role in the prevention of many diseases . . .and also can help in preventing obesity among youth.” ― Dr. Mario Maranhao
117. “In our planet, more than 1 billion people start their day by drinking a cup of coffee. That makes coffee the most popular drink at the world level after water.” ― Diego Pizano
118. “Coffee is still the first beverage that we all drink before we start our everyday lives, but we all keep talking exclusively about caffeine.” ― Roseane M. Santos
119. “Once you have learned to appreciate the finest coffees, you can never really go back.” ― Sebastien
120. “Mechanically we start our coffee so hoping that a fresh and strong cup of coffee will ignite our body.” ― Byron Pulsifer
Coffee Quotes That Will Make You Grab a Cup of Coffee
121. “Coffee makes us severe, and grave and philosophical.” — Jonathan Swift
122. “Given enough coffee I could rule the world.” — Terry Pratchett
123. “Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today’s tasks.” — Holly Black
124. “Sometimes it is the smallest thing that saves us: the weather growing cold, a child’s smile, and a cup of excellent coffee.” — Jonathan Carroll
125. “What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup.” — Henry Rollins
126. “It’s never too late for a coffee. After all it’s morning somewhere in the world.” — Zooey Deschanel
127. “Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?” — Albert Camus
128. “Without coffee something’s missing.” — Al Pacino
129. “Life is just one cup of coffee after another, and don’t look for anything else.” — Bertrand Russell
130. “If you want to improve your understanding, drink coffee.” — Sydney Smith
Coffee Quotes To Make You Feel Refreshened
131. “Coffee makes people feel less drowsy and more alert because it contains a chemical called caffeine.” ― Adrianna Morganelli
132. “Coffee is, perhaps, less often abused than wrongly accused. It all depends. A little more tolerance!” ― William Harrison Ukers
133. “The festive drink / Coffee is our gold / Nectar of all men.” ― William Harrison Ukers
134. “Coffee is a good source of potassium, contains appreciable amounts of magnesium and may contribute significantly of manganese intake.” ― R.J. Clarke
135. “Coffee, which makes the politician wise. Its aroma is the pleasantest in all nature.” ― William Harrison Ukers
136. “Socializing and comfort are two aspects particularly associated with coffee consumption.” ― Andrea Illy
137. “Coffee can fill your heart with glee.” ― Mario William Vitale
138. “Good coffee, carefully roasted and properly brewed, produces a natural beverage that, for tonic effect, can not be surpassed, even by its rivals.” ― William Harrison Ukers
139. “Coffees a stimulant / And makes my ears ring / More rings in my ears I don’t need / Just more coffee my belly I’ll feed.” ― Robert Curran
140. “Coffee is a source of and medium for the stimulant caffeine, the most widely consumed psychoactive drug in the world.” ― Adriana Farah
Coffee Quotes To Make You Sip, Savor, and Smile
141. “Coffee, though a useful medicine, if drunk constantly will at length induce a decay of health , and hectic fever.” ― Jesse Torrey
142. “Strong coffee, much strong coffee, is what awakens me. Coffee gives me warmth, waking, an unusual force and a pain that is not without very great pleasure.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
143. “You get the health benefits of coffee up through about the first twenty-four ounces. It’s the biggest source of antioxidants for Americans, and we think it helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well.” ― Mehmet Oz
144. “Coffee arrived and the espresso was excellent, like an aromatic electric fence.” ― Ben Aaronovitch
145. “I could settle down into a state of equable low spirits, and resign myself to coffee.” ― Charles Dickens
146. “Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.” ― Scott Adams
147. “I can’t sit around having coffee. I have all these appointments, and a lot of my friends sit around having coffee talking about the jobs they didn’t get.” ― Eva Marie Saint
148. “I take my coffee like I take my women… strong… black… and proud.” ― Michael Ian Black
149. “You make good coffee . . . You’re a slob, but you make good coffee.” ― Cher
150. “When I get up, I have a cup of coffee, surf the Internet, then do a half-hour run.” ― Katarina Witt
Which of these coffee quotes is your favorite?
Coffee is a great beverage with so many things to like.
Whether you enjoy a cappuccino, an espresso, or simply black coffee, there’s no denying the powerful effects of the brew.
For most people, a couple of cups a day can be a healthy part of the diet.
To avoid the negative issues associated with too much caffeine, enjoy it in moderation.
Did you enjoy these coffee quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.