Check out these awesome judging others quotes for a good refresher on the importance of treating others how you would like to be treated.
We live in a judgmental world. Some even say to judge is to be human.
A person can’t make it through life without experiencing judgment or doing some judgment of their own.
Judgment can be a powerful tool to help us make the best decisions on our journey.
For example, we need to discern what we prefer and do not prefer.
Writer Naide Obiang suggests that we “Do not judge. Assess.”
What is the difference between a judgment and an assessment?
Well, for starters, an assessment does not have any emotional charge. There is no spark of feeling in the assessment.
A judgment invalidates that which we do not prefer.
An assessment considers the conditions and provides us input for decision-making.
Being mindful about how we come to conclusions and judgments is excellent for mental health.
Enjoy these Judging Others Quotes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Famous Judging Others Quotes
We have all heard many if not all of these quotes in one form or another. Enjoy these quotes again or for the first time.
1. “Do not judge. Assess.” – Naide P Obiang
2. “Never judge a heart by its scars.” – John Mark Green
3. “Judge [people] not by what they are, but by what they strive to become.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
4. “Children are excellent judges of character, you know” – Mohsin Hamid, Moth Smoke
5. “To judge someone is to say that I have the right to define who they are..” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
6. “In comparing and judging, the fools inside us have their say.” – Rajesh`, Random Cosmos
7. “Only the shallow judge others,.” – Abhijit Naskar, When Call The People
8. “The man of true compassion serves without judgment.” – Dada J. P. Vaswani
9. “The highest form of influence is to be a model, not a critic; a light, not a judge.” – Stephen R. Covey
10. “Who am I to judge another when I am myself flawed!” – Avijeet Das
Loving and Caring Judging Others Quotes
It is always a good idea to treat someone with love and care for them instead of judging them harshly.
11. “Energy does not judge, it merely creates.” – Alaric Hutchinson, Living Peace
12. “If you have to judge, then judge with love.” – Debasish Mridha
13. “One of the easiest things in life is to judge others.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
14. “Be wary of taking to the judges seat. ” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
15. “Why is the eye considered a reliable judge when it knows nothing of love or intelligence?” – Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
16. “Avoid judging others by trying to understand others and their concepts of love and care.” –Debasish Mridha
17. “Those with character know to judge themselves before they judge others.” – Abhijit Naskar, When Call The People
18. “Even the thinnest anything, has two sides to it. Let’s seek to examine both sides to everything before we judge” – Dr. Jacent Mpalyenkana, Ph.D. MBA
19. “The only measure of judging a human being is through that person’s character, because character is not determined by race, religion, gender or social status.” – Abhijit Naskar, Human Making is Our Mission
20. “Judgment separates us from the people we want to be close to incredibly quickly.” – Gina Senarighi, Love More, Fight Less
Being Slow to Judge Judging Others Quotes
Don’t jump to conclusions. Take the time to get to know someone before passing judgement.
21. “We are all flawed and creatures of our times. Is it fair to judge us by the unknown standards of the future?” – Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World
22. “If others are judgmental and do not appreciate your life’s work, don’t be dejected.” – Ashish Mandlik
23. “Never judge people based on their nationality, religion, race, gender, skin colour or look. Humans are all the same.” – Lily Amis, Angel of Hope & Lily
24. “It was our first date and I asked what his favorite movie is. He asked if I’d judge him, but instead of judging him I just loved him.” – Dominic Riccitello
25. “It is difficult to live without judging others.” – Debasish Mridha
26. “I’m jealous of nature. It just expresses itself without judgment, the comparison with others, worry or complaints. And because of this very fact, it heals us in ways we can’t even imagine.” –Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana, Ph.D, MBA
27. “It’s easy to judge, but much more difficult to serve.” – Orrin Woodward
28. “There are some people who, in reality, do not know why they judge others, yet, they keep judging others from dawn to dusk! That is pure ignorance!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
29. “Experience has taught me that it is wrong and cruel to suspend judgment, that nonjudgmentalism is at best indifference to the suffering of others, at worst a disguised form of sadism.” – Theodore Dalrymple, Life at the Bottom
30. “Judging the things you do not understand is like a game of gambling where setbacks are often than success.” – Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
Choosing Love and Understanding Judging Others Quotes
Even though it is not right, it is often easier to jump to conclusions when judging someone rather than getting to know them and love them.
31. “People make mistakes. When you judge them, you measure their weakness against your own strength.” – Nesta Jojoe Erskine, Unforgettable
32. “Be a rebel, but a good-natured one. Live as you please and don’t judge others.” – Marty Rubin
33. “I know people can be judgmental and difficult. But if you shut yourself away from the world, you’ll never see how beautiful it really is.” – Imania Margria, The Pacemaker
34. “Whether it’s our internal self-judgment that shuts down opportunity for connection or our judgment of others that makes it hard for loved ones to open up to us, judgment is cancer for authenticity in relationships.” – Gina Senarighi, Love More, Fight Less
35. “Bein’ human means judgin’ all the time,” said the voice behind him. “This and that, good and bad, making choices every day…that’s human.” – Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
36. “In the matters of your mistake you defend it like a lawyer, in the matters of other’s mistake you act like a judge.” – Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
37. “You can judge yourself all you want, but it won’t change a thing. Judging yourself is not changing yourself.” – Richie Norton
38. “But who are you to judge your neighbor?” – James 4:12
39. “Judge not, that you be not judged.” – Matthew 7:1
40. “Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” – John 7:24
Biblical Judging Others Quotes
The wisdom from Bible shows that we should not judge others for we are not perfect ourselves. Check out the quotes below.
41. “Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.” – James 5:9
42. “For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?” – 1 Corinthians 5:12
43. “But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.” – James 4:11
44. “The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.” – 1 Corinthians 2:15
45. “And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” – John 8:7
46. “For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” – 1 Peter 4:17
47. “The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law.” – James 4:11
48. “There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy.” – James 4:12
49. “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;” – Luke 6:37
50. “For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” – Matthew 7:2
Have you ever been judged wrongly or done that to someone else? How did that make you feel? Have any of your family or friends had similar experiences?
As the collection of Judging Others Quotes shows, nobody knows everything about everyone.
It is unwise to judge what we do not know.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky is one of Russia’s most well-known writers. Judgment is a central theme in much of writing.
Dostoyevsky was charged, judged, and sentenced to prison, where he did years of hard labor.
As a man who saw others judged harshly and experienced the consequences of being judged, he wisely noted, “Judge [people] not by what they are, but by what they strive to become.”
This outlook allows us to see the best in others. It does not mean pretending to look over all of a person’s traits.
However, it does mean that people can change, and we should not limit their growth based on their past.
If we do our best to accept what we cannot control and make judgments based on what could become in addition to what is, we will benefit greatly.