No matter who you are or where you’re going in life, we all need a little bit of a push, and these magic quotes can help get you there.
When you were a child, the thought of magic was never far off.
From the movies you watched to the books you read to the stories of Santa and the Easter Bunny you believed in, magic was a part of your life.
Let us know your favorite magic quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A survey conducted by CareerBuilder found that 58% of employers value candidates who display a positive attitude.
By incorporating inspiring quotes into their daily routine, individuals can cultivate a more positive outlook and increase their employability.
What are the benefits of reading these magic quotes?
As we age, that magic fades away, and it’s hard to regain it during adult life’s many trials and tribulations.
But there is always hope and magic in the world if you simply know where to look for it.
These magic quotes will remind you that:
- Life is a beautiful kind of magic in itself
- Magic is not just for kids, and we all need something to believe in
- We can find magic in surprising places if we learn how to look for it
To bring a bit of magic back, we’ve scoured the internet to find the best magic quotes for you, to keep you believing in larger and beautiful things.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Magic Quotes to Keep You Believing
According to a study by the University of California, reading inspirational quotes can improve mood and decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Inspirational quotes can promote emotional well-being by providing positive affirmations and encouraging self-reflection.
1. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.”― Stephen King
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about new beginning.
2. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”― Roald Dahl
You will also enjoy our article on merlin quotes.
3. “Magic can be found in stolen moments.”― Francesca Lia Block
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational disney quotes.
4. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”― W.B. Yeats
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
5. “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”― Arthur C. Clarke
You will also enjoy our article on moon quotes.
6. “Believe in your heart that you’re meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.”― Roy T. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on wonder quotes.
7. “Children see magic because they look for it.”― Christopher Moore
You will also enjoy our article on hermione granger quotes.
8. “Magic will find those with pure hearts, even when all seems lost.”― Morgan Rhodes
You will also enjoy our article on unicorn quotes.
9. “Music is the strongest form of magic.”― Marilyn Manson
You will also enjoy our article on gabriel garcia marquez quotes.
10. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
You will also enjoy our article on engineering quotes.
Magic quotes to awaken your dreams
Research from the University of Michigan shows that exposure to inspirational quotes can increase creativity and innovation.
By offering new perspectives and challenging conventional thinking, inspiring quotes can spark fresh ideas and inspire creative problem-solving.
11. “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.”― Nora Roberts
You will also enjoy our article on aleister crowley quotes.
12. “I am sure there is Magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us.”― Frances Hodgson Burnett
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
13. “I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic.”― Charles de Lint
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
14. “Never, ever stop believing in magic, no matter how old you get. Because if you keep looking long enough and don’t give up, sooner or later you’re going to find Mary Poppins.” ― Steve Kluger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Mary Poppins quotes from the iconic movie.
15. “Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable.“ – Margot Fonteyn
You will also enjoy our article on getting older quotes.
16. “Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.” — Wayne Dyer
You will also enjoy our article on technology quotes.
17. “Imagination is the true magic carpet.” – Norman Vincent Peale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
18. “There’s just some magic in truth and honesty and openness.” – Frank Ocean
You will also enjoy our article on internet quotes.
19. “Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle.” – Martha Graham
You will also enjoy our article on Arthur Morgan quotes.
20. “Movies are like magic tricks.” – Jeff Bridges
Also read these Dumbledore quotes on love, life, and integrity.
Magic quotes to spark your inner fire
According to a study conducted by Dr. Alice Isen and her colleagues at Cornell University, experiencing positive emotions can lead to increased creativity and problem-solving skills.
This research suggests that reading uplifting quotes, such as magic quotes, can potentially enhance cognitive abilities by fostering a positive emotional state.
21. “There’s a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out.” – Lou Reed
You will also enjoy our article on Stranger Things quotes.
22. “Painting is a lie. It’s the most magic of all media, the most transcendent. It makes space where there is no space.” – Chuck Close
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
23. “I was so young, and making movies, going to the studio every morning at dawn was magic.” – Natalie Wood
24. “For me, there is very little difference between magic and art. To me, the ultimate act of magic is to create something from nothing: It’s like when the stage magician pulls the rabbit from the hat.” – Alan Moore
25. “People often called us perfectionists, but we were not looking for perfection. We were looking for some kind of magic in the music.” – Paul Simon
26. “I always write ‘Magic Potion’ on my perfume bottles so when I use them, it feels magical – I make spells in the morning when I put them on.” –Alexa Chung
27. “I think making a movie or a record, the best things happen by accident – and those end up being the magic. Every time I’ve followed my gut it’s been better than when I’ve tried to do what I was supposed to do.” – Zooey Deschanel
28. “Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible.” – Carol Moseley Braun
29. “I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery.” – Luis Barragan
30. “Magic is at the core of myths.”- Colin Farrell
Magic quotes to boost your imagination
In a survey conducted by Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky, a renowned psychologist and happiness expert, people who regularly practice gratitude report higher levels of happiness and well-being.
Reading magic quotes that evoke a sense of gratitude may help readers improve their overall life satisfaction and emotional well-being.
31. “Music is so intimate and so personal that when you can find somebody that feels the same way about it that you do, it’s magic. It can be. It really can be.” – Trisha Yearwood
32. “What others call magic realism is normal and an everyday thing to me.” – Laura Esquivel
33. “I think space and music go hand in hand in the sense that they give a little more mystery and magic to life.” – Bazzi
34. “I am here on Earth to express myself, and the many media of art are my magic carpets that allow me the freedom to do so.” – Brandon Boyd
35. “The world is its own magic.” – Shunryu Suzuki
36. “If you see the magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future.” – Danielle Steel
37. “Part of show business is magic. You don’t know how it happens.” –Sammy Davis, Jr.
38. “I think hope and magic are probably connected.” – Kate DiCamillo
39. “The Internet has always been, and always will be, a magic box.”- Marc Andreessen
40. “Making people laugh is magic. I feel like if you have humility, then you can do anything in comedy.” – Amanda Seyfried
Magic quotes to open up your eyes to it
Research conducted by Dr. Barbara Fredrickson at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, highlights the importance of positive emotions in building resilience and fostering personal growth.
By reading magic quotes that inspire positivity, readers can strengthen their capacity to bounce back from adversity and grow through challenging experiences.
41. “Nature is a petrified magic city.” – Novalis
42. “Words can have the same kind of magic as riffs can.” – Stone Gossard
43. “And where does magic come from? I think that magic’s in the learning.” – Dar Williams
44. “It’s a very hard thing for all of us to accept ourselves at all the different stages – the horrible side, the wonderful side, the adorable side – and who you are as a grownup. And then to bring what you learned as a child to that grownup: that is the magic of creativity.” – Ellen Greene
45. “I think reading is one of the greatest forms of magic available to us on the planet.” – Jim James
46. “Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real.” – Donald Wills Douglas
47. “It’s not sometimes realistic to think that something magical can happen, but I think I look for the magic.” – Sherilyn Fenn
48. “The Internet has always been, and always will be, a magic box.” – Marc Andreessen
49. “You can live your dreams, and you can believe in magic. You can live your dreams, and you can be yourself.” – Keiynan Lonsdale
50. “Magic touches people in the way great art does. It lets them see the world with new eyes.” – Drummond Money-Coutts
Magic quotes that will make your day
According to a report by the World Health Organization, stress is a leading cause of health problems and contributes to a range of physical and mental health issues.
Magic quotes that inspire readers to take a moment to breathe, relax, and focus on positive thoughts can help to alleviate stress and promote overall well-being.
51. “Magic’s just science that we don’t understand yet.”― Arthur C. Clarke
52. “Magic comes from what is inside you. It is a part of you. You can’t weave together a spell that you don’t believe in.”― Jim Butcher
53. “That’s the thing about magic; you’ve got to know it’s still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you.”― Charles de Lint
54. “To each his own magic.”― Libba Bray
55. “Some people are magic, and others are just the illusion of it.”― Beau Taplin
56. “M is for magic. All the letters are, if you put them together properly. You can make magic with them, and dreams, and, I hope, even a few surprises…”― Neil Gaiman
57. “But remember. Just because you don’t believe in something doesn’t mean it isn’t real.”― Katherine Howe
58. “Magical places are always beautiful and deserve to be contemplated … Always stay on the bridge between the invisible and the visible.”― Paulo Coelho
59. “But all the magic I have known I’ve had to make myself.”― Shel Silverstein
60. “Magic doesn’t require beauty,’ she said. ‘Easy magic is pretty. Great magic asks that you trouble the waters. It requires a disruption, something new.”― Leigh Bardugo
More magic quotes and sayings
According to a study by the University of California, Riverside, the act of smiling can help to reduce stress and lower heart rate.
Magic quotes that evoke feelings of joy and positivity can inspire readers to smile and experience the associated benefits.
61. “Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goals, if he is able to think, if he is able to wait, if he is able to fast.” – Hermann Hesse
62. “There’s a lot of magic between you too, ain’t no denying that. And magic makes forgettin’ hard.” – Nicholas Sparks
63. “Magic is not a practice. It is a living, breathing web of energy that, with our permission, can encase our every action.” – Dorothy Morrison
64. “But leave us some magic in the world. Leave us some mystery to enjoy.” – Stuart Hill
65. “There is no place so dangerous as a world without magic.” – Terry Goodkind
66. “The world will always need “magic”. Without it, Life is nothing but cheap tricks.” – Solange Nicole
67. “Magic was not in glitter and sparks. Real magic didn’t need to be.” – Thomm Quackenbush
68. “Believe in magic. Believe in the impossible.” – Morgan Rhodes
69. “Let the magic of life remind you of your own miracles.” – Shaa Zainol
70. “There was magic in the world, pure and simple, things she didn’t understand. Best get used to it.” – Rebecca Roanhorse
71. “She was everything real in a world of make-believe.” — Atticus
72. “Magic happens when you do not give up, even though you want to. The universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart.” — JmStorm
73. “Magic is the art of thinking, not strength or language.” — Christopher Paolini
74. “For magic and applied science alike the problem is how to subdue reality to the wishes of men.” – C. S. Lewis
75. “True magic is the art and science of changing states of mind at will.” – Douglas Monroe
Magic quotes for the believers
In a survey by the American Psychological Association, 72% of adults reported feeling stressed about money at least some of the time.
Magic quotes that encourage readers to focus on the present moment and find joy in simple pleasures can be particularly helpful for individuals who are feeling financial stress.
76. “Real magic is not about gaining power over others: it is about gaining power over yourself.” – Rosemary Guiley
77. “Effective magic is transcendent nature.” – George Eliot
78. “Once you have been touched by magic, you are forever changed. You leave a trail.” – Michael Scott
79. “Magic, like technology, is a tool.” – Mercedes Lackey
80. “It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” – Terry Pratchett
81. “Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.” – Nora Roberts
82. “Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef.” – Tom Robbins
83. “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” – Javan
84. “It is a strange paradox that a magician pretends to control the destinies of men, but cannot control his own.” – James Ellis
85. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.” – J.K. Rowling
Short Magic Quotes That Will Make You Believe In Magic
According to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology, individuals who engage in regular acts of kindness experience an increase in positive emotions and life satisfaction.
This finding suggests that incorporating magic quotes that promote kindness into your daily routine can help you cultivate a more positive outlook on life.
86. “I think cinema, movies, and magic have always been closely associated. The very earliest people who made film were magicians.” — Francis Ford Coppola
87. “Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.” ― Aleister Crowley
88. “I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” — J.K. Rowling
89. “The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” — Bertrand Russell.
90. “If there is magic on the planet, it is contained in the water.” — J.B.S. Haldane
91. “By learning and magic, a saint may outwit the devil.” — Pope Sylvester II
92. “I address you all tonight for who you truly are: wizards, mermaids, travelers, adventurers, and magicians. You are the true dreamers.” — Brian Selznick
93. “Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.” — Tom Robbins
94. “One man’s magic is another man’s engineering.” — Robert A. Heinlein
95. “Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” — Ben Okri
Magic Quotes That Make You Want To Experience Magic
Research conducted by the University of California, Berkeley found that individuals who experience awe on a regular basis report feeling more connected to others and more satisfied with their lives.
This suggests that incorporating magic quotes that inspire awe and wonder can help promote positive emotions and well-being.
96. “There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed.” ― Kate Douglas Wiggin
97. “That’s the beauty of it. Have you seen the contraptions these magicians build to accomplish the most mundane feats? They are a bunch of fish covered in feathers trying to convince the public they can fly, I am simply a bird in their midst.” ― Erin Morgenstern
98. “If magic was present, it moved under the skin of the world, beneath the ability of human eyes to catch sight of it.” ― Gregory Maguire
99. “A magician is strong because he feels pain. He feels the difference between what the world is and what he would make of it. Or what did you think that stuff in your chest was? A magician is strong because he hurts more than others. His wound is his strength.” ― Lev Grossman
100. “Is there magic in this world? Certainly! But it is not the kind of magic written about in fantasy stories. It is the kind of magic that comes from ideas and the hard work it often takes to make them real.” ― Robert Fanney
101. “Words and magic were in the beginning one and the same thing, and even today words retain much of their magical power.” ― Sigmund Freud
102. “So why not live with magic? Be a kid again and believe in the fantastical. Life is more fun with a little smoke and mirrors.” ― L.H. Cosway
103. “Perhaps the magic would last, perhaps it wouldn’t. But then again, what does?” ― Terry Pratchett
104. “Want me to flex my magic for you, baby?” ― Sarah Rees Brennan
105. “The world is full of magic. You’ve just got to learn how to access it.” ― Max Nowaz
Powerful Magic Quotes To Sharpen Your Wit
According to a survey conducted by the National Science Foundation, more than half of adults in the United States believe that science and technology will solve most of the problems facing society.
This statistic highlights the power of human innovation and can be used to underscore the magical potential of science-themed magic quotes.
106. “Magic doesn’t suit everyone. Only those prepared to take full responsibility for themselves should apply.” — Peter J. Carroll
107. “The work of magic is this, that it breathes and at every breath transforms realities.” — Rumi
108. “Magic exists if you allow it. If you open yourself up to it.” — Sandra Bullock
109. “All human beings have magic in them. The secret is to know how to use this magic.” — Sybil Leek
110. “If you don’t get the ending you desire…. have faith in the magic of new beginnings.” — Rita Zahara
111. “Try to begin things you feel you can do. To begin is enough-there is a boldness in beginning. And in boldness lies genius and magic.” — Sir David Baird, 1st Baronet
112. “If you would bring the magic out of your mind – the magic which will transform everything – you must believe.” — Al Koran
113. “The loss of magic is the denial of unlimited possibility.” — Shirley MacLaine
114. “Enjoy your magic moment today. As it will not be here tomorrow.” — Paulo Coelho
115. “Magic is what we invent when we want something we think we cant have.” — Sarah Addison Allen
Magic Quotes To Encourage You To Believe
116. “The appearance of things changes according to the emotions; and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.” — Khalil Gibran
117.“Magic is the projection of natural energies to produce needed effects.” — Scott Cunningham
118. “I think magic is very related to happiness. So it is not there all the time, but there are beautiful moments of magic in everyone’s life.” — Penelope Cruz
119. “There is magic, but you have to be the magician. You have to make the magic happen.” — Sidney Sheldon
120. “Once you begin the journey toward a life of purpose, you enter the realm of real magic.” — Wayne Dyer
121. “A little magic can take you a long way.” — Roald Dahl
122. “There is a magic about you that is all your own.” — D.M. Dellinger
123. “Action has magic, grace, and power in it.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
124. “If we believe in magic, we’ll live a magical life. If we believe our life is defined by narrow limits, we’ve suddenly made those beliefs real.” — Tony Robbins
125. “Not all magic is fireworks and fanfare. Sometimes magic is quiet and sneaks up on you.” — Jeff Guinn
Magic Quotes To Show The Beauty In Magic
126. “Magic is easy if you put your heart into it.” — Michael Jackson
127. “The existence of tricks does not imply the absence of magic.” — Bernard Cornwell
128. “If you pay close attention to each day, you will discover the magic moment.” — Paulo Coelho
129. “The rules of magic, my dear, are best not discusses. For once we understand the illusion, we no longer believe it.” — Libba Bray
130. “Follow your passion. Magic has no formula.” — Tina Sharkey
131. “Wherever love and compassion are active in life, we can perceive the magic breath of the spirit blowing through the sense world.” — Rudolf Steiner
132. “Magic is the total delight (appreciation) of chance.” — Chogyam Trungpa
133. “It’s the first and only rule. Magic comes when you’re not looking for it.” — Holly Smale
134. “We are born with magic inside of us.” — James Victore
135. “My mind’s cries tell me that everything on earth is tragic. My heart’s smiles tell me that everything on earth is magic.” — Sri Chinmoy
Magic Quotes on the Power and Mystery of Magic
136. “The only magic in our lives as runners is the magic of consistency. Not every run will make you feel great.” ― John Bingham
137. “When magic through nerves and reason passes, Imagination, force, and passion will thunder. The portrait of the world is changed.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
138. “To see itself through, music must have idea or magic. … Music with neither dies young though rich.” ― Ned Rorem
139. “Confidence, to my way of thinking, generally is all the magic needed to work miracles.” ― Evalyn Walsh McLean
140. “What’s the main thing that makes magic magic? The fact that no one believes that it’s possible.” ― Kanye West
141. “I love the magic of movies and television, and I always have since I was kid.” ― Matt Lanter
142. “I was touched by the magic of music. My way to communicate was through my guitar and music.” ― Juanes
143. “Poetry is in itself strength and joy, whether it be crowned by all mankind, or left alone in its own magic hermitage.” ― John Sterling
144. “If writing is thinking and discovery and selection and order and meaning, it is also awe and reverence and mystery and magic.” ― Toni Morrison
145. “Fiction is a sort of inter-human magic, allowing you to travel into a scene and feel it tingle on your skin.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
Which of these magic quotes washed over your senses?
No matter how old you are, there’s always magic to be found in this world.
Whether it’s in the art that we create, the joy we bring others, the challenges we crush, the self-empowerment we build, the failures that lead to opportunities, or just the path that life leads us on, magic lingers within us and all around us, if we can just believe.
We hope these awesome magic quotes stirred the child inside of you and give you the chance to widen your perspective to the mystery and beauty of existence.
Reach out; you’ll find magic everywhere when you open your eyes to it and allow it to wash over your senses.
That magic is real, just like the everyday power inside of you.
Which of these magic quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.