These Herschel Walker quotes will give you the motivation you need to pursue your dreams.
Herschel Junior Walker is a former NFL player. Currently, he’s the Republican nominee for Georgia’s senatorial position in the 2022 United States elections.
Research by Dr. Karen Pine, a professor of psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, found that reading quotes from influential figures can improve self-esteem.
Her study discovered that people who read and identify with quotes from role models experience a significant boost in their confidence levels.
Herschel Walker was born on March 3, 1962, to his parents, Christine and Willis Walker, in Wrightsville, Georgia.
Before graduating at the top of his class at Johnson County High School, he led his football and track teams to state championships.
At the University of Georgia as a freshman, Walker helped the Bulldogs team win the 1980 national championship.
Some of his other many achievements include winning the 1982 Heisman Trophy and winning the Maxwell Award.
He was also the first “true freshman” to become a first-team All-American, and he achieved two consecutive Pro Bowls, among others.
What are the benefits of reading these Herschel Walker quotes?
The former football star inspires many, especially those who love football. If you are looking for motivation on how to be a great football player, then these quotes will be beneficial to you.
By reading these quotes, you will:
- understand how he thinks and what motivates him
- get the motivation you need to pursue your dreams
- get encouraged to reach greater heights
Don’t forget to also check out these John Madden quotes from the American football coach.
Herschel Walker quotes to motivate you
According to a study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania, people who read motivational quotes show a 30% increase in self-reported motivation levels.
This study found that the positive impact of motivational quotes extended to various aspects of participants’ lives, including work, personal relationships, and overall well-being.
1. “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” – Herschel Walker
2. “When I started out as a little kid, I didn’t say ‘I just want to run football.’ I wanted to be a great athlete.” – Herschel Walker
3. “I never get tired of running. The ball ain’t that heavy.” – Herschel Walker
4. “Let’s not push it under the rug, or push it to the side because, no matter what, it’s going to keep coming up.” – Herschel Walker
5. “I wish they would see the real person in me. One day, they will know I’m not here for the show. ” – Herschel Walker
6. “If I had to come up with something that just came to me, I think growing up in a small town, I want knowledge. I still think today, knowledge is one of the keys.” – Herschel Walker
7. “If you dedicate yourself to something, you can achieve it. It’s simple, but it’s true, and your age is just an excuse.” – Herschel Walker
8. “Believing that no one is better than the other. You know, I grew up in the South. My senior year there was a very big racial tension.” – Herschel Walker
9. “You know, if you never deal with that dirt up under the carpet, it’s going to get larger and larger, and it’s going to keep coming up.”― Herschel Walker
10. “I see so many people who don’t want to try, and I say ‘I don’t care what I ever do, I never give up at anything anymore.’ I don’t care what it is, you’ll never see me give up.” – Herschel Walker
Powerful Herschel Walker quotes
A recent survey by Forbes Insights revealed that 65% of successful executives attribute their achievements to daily habits, including reading inspirational quotes.
These executives believe that reading motivational content, such as Herschel Walker’s quotes, helps to reinforce their drive and determination to succeed.
11. “My mind do shine. My heart is so kind. But that they can not see because all they see is the outside of me. Who I am, what I do is only the reaction I get from you.” – Herschel Walker
12. “Eat what you want to eat, but just be willing to pay the price.” – Herschel Walker
13. “SUCCESS is being able to come home, lay your head on the pillow and SLEEP in PEACE.”― Herschel Walker
14. “That person has to be accountable for himself. I think that what we have to do in society today is to be accountable for yourself.” – Herschel Walker
15. “When I feel good about myself, things start happening for myself. When you look up, you go up.” – Herschel Walker
16. “Growing up, I started developing confidence in what I felt. My parents helped me to believe in myself. I wasn’t the best-looking guy, I wasn’t the best athlete in the world, but they made me feel good about myself.” – Herschel Walker
17. “As long as you give it 110% you are going to succeed.” – Herschel Walker
18. “The hardest thing I had to overcome in life? I think racism. That’s so difficult because I don’t think anyone can ever understand it. It’s not that people don’t want to understand it, but they don’t want to touch it.” – Herschel Walker
19. “Coming from a small town it was tough to dream big. When I grew up in a small town in Georgia, my biggest dream was one day to be able to go to Atlanta.” – Herschel Walker
20. “People say that numbers don’t lie. I agree, but only because numbers don’t tell you much of anything—fact or fiction—about a person.”― Herschel Walker
Other inspirational Herschel Walker quotes
According to a study by the American Psychological Association, positive self-talk has been shown to improve athletic performance by up to 20%.
Herschel Walker is known for his positive mindset and strong work ethic, which undoubtedly contributed to his success as a football player and mixed martial artist.
21. “My message is, you can accomplish anything, not just on the athletic field, if you’re willing to work and pay the price.” – Herschel Walker
22. “As a born-again Christian, I believe God actively and directly influences me to action.” – Herschel Walker
23. “I’m like Ricky Bobby – I don’t come to lose.” – Herschel Walker
24. “I do this ‘Walker shake.’ You got to get knocked down many times, shake it off. Life is about ups and downs, and you got to keep standing up.” – Herschel Walker
25. “My God given talent is my ability to stick with training longer than anybody else.” – Herschel Walker
26. “I always said I wanted to be a great athlete, ever since I was an overweight little kid. I just love competing in any kind of athletics.” – Herschel Walker
27. “Strive to be the very best you can be. Run the race against yourself and not the guy in the other lane.” – Herschel Walker
28. “One thing I will never do as long as I’m at Georgia is lose to Florida.” – Herschel Walker
29. “Success is just being happy. And I try so many different things. I do a lot of different things. Because I think God has helped me to love myself. I know who God is, and I love God.” – Herschel Walker
30. “I was a fat little kid with a speech impediment. I used to get beat up, not just picked on.” – Herschel Walker
31. “I told my mom the reason I started working out was because I wanted to break the necks of the people picking on me. I wanted to hurt them. I said I didn’t want any teacher to put me down any more.” – Herschel Walker
32. “I was a little different. I still say I’m a little different, because success to me is not having the most money, or having the biggest car or the biggest house.” – Herschel Walker
What did you learn from these Herschel Walker quotes?
Over the course of his USFL career, Walker had 5,562 yards rushing in 1,143 carries, averaging 4.87 yards. While in his NFL career, he achieved highs of 1,514 rushing yards and 505 receiving yards.
Although Walker is considered a controversial politician, we can all agree that he’s a great sportsman. Some people have even considered him to be the greatest college football player of all time.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Herschel Walker quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.