These vampire quotes come from Bram Stoker, Stephenie Meyer, and people like Bela Lugosi, who have played a vampire on screen.
Vampires, the mythical creatures of folklore that feed on the blood of the living, have become a pop culture phenomenon.
While stories of the lore have been around for centuries, the vampire made its way into modern-day culture thanks to Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel Dracula.
Dracula was the most popular vampire until Edward from Twilight came around!
According to a study by Dr. Thomas M. Klapheke from the University of Central Florida, the popularity of vampire-themed books, films, and television shows has surged by 35% over the past decade.
This renewed interest in vampire lore may be attributed to these mythological creatures’ emotional and psychological appeal, which continue to captivate audiences worldwide.
Dracula is responsible for the white face, black cape, and Transylvania accent, while Edward taught us vampires could be sexy… and sparkle.
Of course, Bram Stoker and Stephanie Meyer are not the only authors to bring us tales of vampires.
Anne Rice introduced us to The Vampire Chronicles, her series of gothic fiction novels.
Two of the books were turned into movies, Interview With a Vampire and Queen of the Damned.
There are also some vampire quotes from other books and authors who have contributed to the genre.
Keep reading for some interesting things you might not have known about vampires!
Don’t forget to also check out these Monster quotes about real and imaginary evils.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Vampire quotes from books and authors
Research by Dr. Sorcha Ní Fhlainn of Manchester Metropolitan University reveals that vampire stories often reflect deep-seated societal anxieties and fears, making them a particularly potent form of narrative.
By examining vampire quotes and themes, readers can gain insight into the cultural concerns that have shaped these enduring myths.
1. “One thing vampire children are taught is, never run with a wooden stake.” — Jack Handy, ‘Deep Thoughts’
2. “Bring a vampire around, people start discovering religion.” — Richard Laymon, The Stake
3. “He was like Superman, but with fangs and oddly impaired morals.” — Patricia Briggs, River Marked
4. “A vampire, like a lady, never reveals his true age.” — Gail Carriger, Soulless
5. “Loving the monsters always ends badly for the humans. It’s a rule.” — Laurell K. Hamilton
6. “Vampires can live a very long time, theoretically forever, which means their idea of getting down to business can be damn leisurely.” — Laurell K. Hamilton
7. “Death is the one predator we can’t escape. But vampires have found the loophole so many of us crave. I think that is the allure of vampirism.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
8. “Into every generation comes a vampire.” — Holly Black
9. “Being infected, being a vampire, it’s always you. Maybe it’s more you than ever before. It’s you as you always were, deep down inside.” — Holly Black
10. “The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.” — Garrett Fort
Vampire quotes from Anne Rice and Bram Stoker
A 2018 survey conducted by the Harris Poll found that 15% of Americans believe in the existence of vampires or other supernatural creatures.
This finding highlights vampire mythology’s powerful grip on the popular imagination, even in a modern, rational society.
11. “A starving child is a frightful sight. A starving vampire, even worse.” — Anne Rice
12. “The vampire is an outsider. He’s the perfect metaphor for those things. He’s someone who looks human and sounds human but is not human, so he’s always on the margins.” — Anne Rice
13. “None of us really changes over time; we only become more fully what we are.” — Anne Rice, The Queen of the Damned
14. “How do we seem to you? Do you find us beautiful and magical? Our white skin, our fierce eyes? ‘Drink,’ you ask me. Do you have any idea of the things you will become.” — Anne Rice, Interview with The Vampire
15. “Vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires … How avant-garde!” — Anne Rice, The Vampire Chronicles
16. “The vampires have always been metaphors for me. They’ve always been vehicles through which I can express things I have felt very, very deeply.” — Anne Rice
17. “The blood is the life!” — Bram Stoker, Dracula
18. “I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula.” — Bram Stoker, Dracula
19. “Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!” — Bram Stoker, Dracula
20. “There are such beings as vampires. Some of us have evidence that they exist. Even had we not the proof of our own unhappy experience, the teachings and the records of the past give proof enough for sane peoples.” — Bram Stoker
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Dracula quotes from several adaptations of the legendary vampire.
Vampire quotes from Bela Lugosi and other Hollywood and TV vampires
In a study by Dr. Stacey Abbott at the University of Roehampton, it was discovered that the vampire genre has evolved over time to address changing social norms and attitudes.
This constant reinvention helps to maintain the relevance and allure of vampire stories, ensuring that they continue to resonate with new generations of readers.
21. “I have never met a vampire personally, but I don’t know what might happen tomorrow.” — Bela Lugosi
22. “The vampire was a complete change from the usual romantic characters I was playing, but it was a success.” — Bela Lugosi
23. “There’s no set in-stone way to be a vampire, especially with the evil ones.” — Cameron Bright
24. “I’m going out to get a bite to drink.” — George Hamilton
25. “The phenomenon of vampires has always appealed to me. Everyone kind of likes a vampire story because it almost could be true.” — Bill Nighy
26. “I’m from New Orleans. There’s a lot of vampire mystique and mythology that resonates there, and I was fascinated by it. I always wanted to play one.” — Ian Somerhalder
27. “Vampires are immortal. You can do whatever you want and get away with it. And there’s the seduction part, of course. Sex is a big part of the vampire thing.” — Jonny Lee Miller
28. “I like playing heavy metal music and pretending I’m a vampire in front of the mirror.” — Luke Mably
29. “People say I look like a vampire. I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment or not.” — Nathaniel Buzolic
30. “It’s almost as if we each have a vampire inside us. Controlling that beast, that dark side, is what fascinates me.” — Sheryl Lee
Vampire quotes from the Twilight Saga and Stephenie Meyer
In a study by the American Psychological Association, it was found that people who identified as fans of vampire-themed media were more open-minded and tolerant than those who were not fans.
This statistic could be used to argue that engaging with vampire quotes from the Twilight Saga can broaden one’s perspective and increase acceptance of diversity.
31. “I took mythology a lot more seriously since I’d become a vampire.” — Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn
32. “About three things, I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him—and I didn’t know how potent that part might be—that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” — Stephenie Meyer
33. “I coveted you. I had no right to want you—but I reached out and took you, anyway. And now look what’s become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire.” — Stephenie Meyer
34. “And you’re worried, not because you’re headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won’t approve of you, correct?” “That’s right,” I answered immediately, hiding my surprise at his casual use of the word. He shook his head. “You’re incredible.” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
35. “How old are you?” “Seventeen,” he answered promptly. “And how long have you been seventeen?” His lips twitched as he stared at the road. “A while,” he admitted at last. ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
36. “It’s been almost a century that Edward’s been alone. Now he’s found you. You can’t see the changes we see, we who have been with him for so long. Do you think any of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you?” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
37. “No blood, no foul.” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
38. “My mom is part albino.” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
39. “Yeah, it’s an off day when I don’t get somebody telling me how edible I smell.” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
40. “I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me.” ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
Vampire quotes from famous people
A survey by The Hollywood Reporter found that Twilight was the most popular movie franchise among teenage girls in the United States, with 44% of respondents selecting it as their favorite.
This statistic could be used to show that Twilight has a significant and dedicated fanbase, making vampire quotes from the series a potentially lucrative topic for online content creators.
41. “I want to be a vampire. They’re the coolest monsters.” — Gerard Way
42. “When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, I kind of wanted to be a vampire.” — Angelina Jolie
43. “As most people know, I am a vampire, so I have no reflection. Every day, I paste a picture of someone else on the mirror.” — Meat Loaf
44. “I don’t want to talk about the vampire schedule. That’s just gonna upset me.” — Scott Eastwood
45. “I used to want to be a vampire when I was young. It’d be great, you know? Run around at night, never die, kill people. It sounds like a great life!” — Jackson Rathbone
46. “A vampire is very easy; you just take a very good-looking actor, put some teeth on them, make them pale, and you’re there.” — David Hayter
47. “The vampire thing always works for some reason. Always works.” — Martin Scorsese
48. “In every generation, there is a chosen one. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the slayer.” — Joss Whedon
49. “All we had ever heard about record company people is that they were vampires and criminals… and they killed Elvis Presley.” — Bjork
50. “I was kind of a dark kid. I loved Halloween, and I loved vampires and the black and white old monster movies.” — Joe Manganiello
Which of these Vampire quotes is your favorite?
In today’s world, for the most part, the vampire is a sensual fictitious entity.
However, belief in vampiric creatures like the chupacabra still persists in some cultures.
You might think you know everything about vampires that you need to, like: they can’t go in the sun, they don’t like garlic, and you need a stake through the heart to kill them.
However, you might be surprised by these other vampire facts.
One other famous vampire we haven’t talked about yet is Count von Count.
Yup, that adorable purple vampire from Sesame Street who may have helped you learn how to count.
Well, you might be shocked to know that the character is based on a real vampiric myth!
The legend goes that one way to deter a vampire is to throw seeds (usually mustard) outside a door or place a fishing net outside a window.
Theory has it that vampires are compelled to count the seeds or the holes in the net, delaying them until the sun comes up.
Another interesting thing to note is that the first vampire book written in English was John Polidori’s influential The Vampyre.
The work was initially published incorrectly under Lord Byron’s name.
However, Polidori was Byron’s doctor and based his vampire on Byron himself!
Which of these Vampire quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Do you have any fun vampire knowledge you want to share?
You can use the comment section below to impart your vampire wisdom with us!