This “water quotes” collection will inspire you to keep moving towards your goals and dreams no matter what obstacles stand in your path.
Let us know your favorite water quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to World Wildlife Fund, 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered by water, but only 2.5% is freshwater suitable for human consumption.
This highlights the importance of conserving and managing our water resources effectively.
What are the benefits of reading these water quotes?
Water is vital for all forms of life, and these water quotes will help you appreciate the role it plays.
Although it provides no calories or organic nutrients, water plays an important role in our world.
It is the centerpiece of all life.
As we strive for a happier and more fulfilling life, we can draw much inspiration from water.
These water quotes will inspire you to greet your own challenges the way water does!
- Can cut through hard rocks because of its patience and persistence
- Creates a new path over time to get where it needs to go
- Is soft but one of the most powerful and destructive forces
Now, when life throws obstacles in your way, be like water and either cut through them or form a new path that will lead you to your goals and dreams.
To give you the motivation you need to keep flowing, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful water quotes, water sayings, and water proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
So, fill up your water bottle, take a few sips, and enjoy these water quotes.
Don’t also forget to read our selection of inspirational rain quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Water quotes honoring the flow of life
A United Nations Report Showed that about 2.2 billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water, which can lead to waterborne diseases and preventable deaths.
Addressing this global water crisis is critical to achieving sustainable development goals.
1. “The fall of dropping water wears away the Stone.” – Lucretius
You will also enjoy our article on ice quotes.
2. “Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” ― Wallace Stevens
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
3. “Run wild and free like a waterfall” ― Anamika Mishra
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on life lessons.
4. “Life in us is like the water in a river.” ― Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on river quotes.
5. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” – Sylvia Earle
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
6. “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” – Lao Tzu
You will also enjoy our article on blood is thicker than water quotes.
7. “When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on waterfall quotes.
8. “Water is sufficient…the spirit moves over water.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
You will also enjoy our article on rose quotes.
9. “Where the waters do agree, it is quite wonderful the relief they give.” ― Jane Austen
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
10. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” ― Nicholas Sparks
You will also enjoy our article on orange quotes.
Water quotes to inspire your day
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agriculture accounts for about 70% of global water use, with irrigation consuming most of that amount.
Efficient and sustainable irrigation practices are essential to ensure food security while protecting water resources.
11. “Without water, life would just be rock.”― Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
12. “Walking on water is easy if you know where to step.” ― Peter Tieryas
You will also enjoy our article on drawing quotes.
13. “Water is always working, reorganizing the land.”― Tim Palmer
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
14. “This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.” – Dennis Rodman (see more Dennis Rodman quotes and sayings)
You will also enjoy our article on pictures quotes.
15. “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.”― W. H. Auden
You will also enjoy our article on thankful quotes.
16. “All water is holy water.” ― Rajiv Joseph
You will also enjoy our article on Magic Quotes.
17. “A drop of water, if it could write out its own history, would explain the universe to us.” – Lucy Larcom
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
18. “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” ― William Wordsworth
You will also enjoy our article on healing quotes.
19. “Clean water is inestimably precious to waste!”― Mohith Agadi
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
20. “Water liked to be free. . . Water hated being trapped, just like Percy.”― Rick Riordan
You will also enjoy our article on right path.
Water quotes about life and progress
A study by the UN Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) found that only 39% of the world’s population has access to basic sanitation services.
This data highlights the need for investments in water and sanitation infrastructure in order to improve public health and safety.
21. “Water is the reason of our birth; it is the healer, the destroyer and the final consumer.”― Neeraj Singhvi
You will also enjoy our article on anxiety quotes.
22. “A calm water is like a still soul.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about comparison.
23. “You can not hide on an island and expect that water will not find you.”― Chuck Bridges
You will also enjoy our article on Gravity Falls quotes.
24. “Water! You may not like it, but you have to drink it.”― Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
25. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.” – Mike May
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
26. “Until justice rolls down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on Bart Simpson quotes.
27. “Do not feel sad for your tears as rocks never regret the waterfalls.” ― Munia Khan
You will also enjoy our article on wellness quotes
28. “Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle.” – Crystal Middlemas
You will also enjoy our article on Matrix quotes.
29. “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.”― Vanessa Paradis
You will also enjoy our article on breathe quotes.
30. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Rumi quotes from the iconic poet.
Water quotes to help you move forward
A study published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology found that microplastics, which are tiny particles of plastic, have been found in tap water around the world.
This data highlights the urgent need to reduce plastic waste and to improve water treatment processes to remove microplastics from drinking water.
31. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes.
32. “A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
You will also enjoy our article on into the wild quotes.
33. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans; in one aspect of you are found all the aspects of existence.” ― Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
34. “Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels it becomes the path itself!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
35. “Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children’s lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land.” – Luna Leopold
36. “Water is soft and humble, but it is the most powerful and is the most endurable.” ― Debasish Mridha
37. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”― Mahatma Gandhi
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
38. “Water is the lifeblood of our bodies, our economy, our nation and our well-being.” – Stephen Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on nature quotes.
39. “Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine.” – Slovakian Proverb
40. “Water was liquid silver, water was gold. It was clarity—a sacred thing.” ― Aspen Matis
Interesting quotes about water and life
According to a report by the United Nations, water scarcity affects more than 40% of the global population and is projected to worsen with climate change.
This data emphasizes the need for sustainable water management practices in order to ensure access to water for future generations.
41. “I have seen the sea when it is storm and wild; when it is quiet and serene when it is dark and moody. And in all these moods, I see myself.” – Martin Buxbaum
42. “The places where water comes together with other water. Those places stand out in my mind like holy places.” ― Raymond Carve
43. “Water is such a lifesaver into which we cannot breathe but without taking it into us we cannot live” ― Munia Khan
45. “Water is sacred to all Human Beings. If you do not have water, you cannot have life. I always remember to honor and pour the water because it is traditional.” ― Autumn Morning Star
46. “Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions.” ― Sun Tzu
47. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”― Ryunosuke Satoro
48. “In my life, water has had the character of punctuation.” ― Sue Ellen Campbell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of character quotes about the power of integrity.
49. “The sea is captive in a drop of water.” ― Marty Rubin
50. “The water tells none of its secrets.” ― Nikos Engonopoulos
Inspirational water quotes to help you move forward
A study by the University of East London found that being near water, such as a river or lake, can have a calming effect on the mind and body.
The study found that being near water can help reduce stress and anxiety, and promote feelings of relaxation and well-being.
51. “Water, in all its forms, is what carries the knowledge of life throughout the universe.”― Anthony T. Hincks
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
52. “I believe that water is the closest thing to a god we have here on Earth. We are in awe of its power and majestic beauty.”― Alex Z. Moores
53. “I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly. I am water; I am life. The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down and I will rise again. Vincit qui patitur.”― Rick Yancey
54. “Water belongs to us all. Nature did not make the sun one person’s property, nor air, nor water, cool and clear.”― Michael Simpson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
55. “The water was pure and cold and came out of the Apennines tasting like snow melted in the hands of a pretty girl.”― Pat Conroy
56. “You are water I’m water we’re all water in different containers that’s why it’s so easy to meet someday we’ll evaporate together.” ― Yoko Ono
57. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
You might also like these sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
58. “In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.”― Leonardo da Vinci
59. “You swam in a river of chance and coincidence. You clung to the happiest accidents—the rest you let float by.” – David Wroblewski
60. “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.”― Hermann Hesse
61. “When life places stones in your path, be the water. A persistent drop of water will wear away even the hardest stone.” ― Autumn Morning Star
62. “I was still water, held by my surroundings.
I am now a river, carving my own path.”― Scott Stabile
63. “Water is the mother of the vine, the nurse and fountain of fecundity, the adorner and refresher of the world.” – Charles Mackay
64. “When the water is calm, take as much distance as possible with your boat!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
65. “Always be like a water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.”― Santosh Kalwar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
Water quotes that will broaden your thoughts
Research by the University of Chicago found that people who live near bodies of water tend to be happier and more satisfied with their lives than those who do not.
The study found that being near water can provide a sense of tranquility and peace, and can help people feel more connected to nature.
66. “Water is life’s matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” – Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
You will also enjoy our article on serenity quotes.
67. “The water is a dark flower and a fisherman is a bee in the heart of her.”― Annie Proulx
68. “The sound of water is worth more than all the poets’ words.” – Octavio Paz
69. “The water caresses in the glass, like love in the body.”― Charles de Leusse
70. “A pool is water, made available and useful, and is, as such, infinitely soothing to the western eye.” – Joan Didion
71. “Make hope just like water in your life”― Khaled Ibrahim
72. “Why was it that the sight of water made everything in the world seem okay? She wanted to look at water every day.”― E.C. Diskin
73. “Water wants to join water. Youth wants to join youth.”― Hermann Hesse
74. “The person who despises a drop of water is an utter ignorant who doesn’t know that billions of tiny creatures in this world can live with one water drop for days!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
75. “Whoever thirst for the living Water shall be quench.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
Thoughtful water quotes
According to a survey by the American Heart Association, drinking water can have a positive impact on physical health.
The survey found that drinking water can help boost energy levels, improve skin health, and aid in digestion.
76. “Water is my drink.” – Stephen Curry
77. “I am like water so to say, I will find my way!”― Md. Ziaul Haque
78. “My desk faces the water, and I’m perfectly happy sitting there. I’m never lonely.” – Tom Stoppard
79. “When water falls, it flies.”― Anthony T. Hincks
80. “I could float in the pool for hours, just letting the water carry me.” – Jill Scott
81. “If the earth is a mother then rivers are her veins.”― Amit Kalantri
82. “How one raindrop marries the other and forms an ocean of love.”― Suyasha Subedi
83. “Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support.”― Jalaluddin Rumi
84. “Be like water. Flow, crash, fly!”― Md. Ziaul Haque
85. “Water is colourless like life.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
Water quotes that will get you thinking
86. “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.” – Benjamin Franklin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wine quotes to celebrate over your favorite glass.
87. “I have left almost to the last the magic of water, an element which owing to its changefulness of form and mood and colour and to the vast range of its effects is ever the principal source of landscape beauty, and has like music a mysterious influence over the mind.” – Sir George Sitwell
88. “Do you ever feel like you’re getting sick, and then you have a glass of water and you’re like, ‘oh, that’s why people drink that.’” – Dina Hashem
89. “Water is the most extraordinary substance! Practically all its properties are anomalous, which enabled life to use it as building material for its machinery. Life is water dancing to the tune of solids.” – Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
90. “Water is nothing if not ingemination, an encore to the tenacity of life.”― Terry Tempest Williams
91. “Water is insipid, inodorous, colorless and smooth.” – Edmund Burke
92. “No one can see their reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.” – Taoist proverb
93. “Water sustains all.” – Thales of Miletus
94. “In order to reflect, think and plan, you must quiet yourself. You can’t see your reflection in churning waters. Water must be still to see your reflection.” – Karen Susman, The Remarkable Networking Toolbox
95. “A man of wisdom delights in water.” – Confucius
Thought-provoking water quotes
96. “Do not turn me into restless waters you cannot promise to be my stream.”― Sanober Khan
97. “We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.” — Jacques Yves Cousteau
98. “There’s plenty of water in the universe without life, but nowhere is there life without water.” — Sylvia A. Earle
99. “Water is the only drink for a wise man.” —Henry David Thoreau
100. “Water is the best of all things.” — Pindar
101. “Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet.” —African Proverb
102. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” — Loren Eiseley
103. “When the water starts boiling it is foolish to turn off the heat.” — Nelson Mandela
104. “Drinking water is essential to a healthy lifestyle.” — Stephen Curry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
105. “To put your hands in a river is to feel the chords that bind the earth together.” —Barry Lopez
Insightful water quotes
106. “Water is life, and clean water means health.” — Audrey Hepburn
107. “It is wise to bring some water when one goes out to look for water.” —Arab Proverb
108. “Water – a thoroughly underrated drink.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
109. “Can the water in the valleys ever stop and rest?
When the water finally reaches the sea, it becomes great waves.” ― Francis Harold Cook
110. “My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.” — Mitch Hedberg
111. “All the water that will ever be is, right now.” —National Geographic
112. “Every drop in the ocean counts.” — Yoko Ono
113. “He that has satisfied his thirst turns his back on the well.” —Baltasar Gracian
114. “Water is the soul of the Earth.” — W. H. Auden
115. “The people are like water and the ruler a boat. Water can support a boat or overturn it.” — William Shakespeare
Water quotes to inspire you to flow
116. “As many raindrops join to form a great river of water, many souls join their highest intent to form the river of evolved consciousness.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
117. “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” – Edwin Louis Cole
118. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” – Heraclitus
119. “Many drops make a bucket, many buckets make a pond, many ponds make a lake, and many lakes make an ocean.” – Percy Ross
120. “I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.” – John O’Donohue
121. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Wallace Stevens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of lake quotes to bring your life peace.
122. “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
123. “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” – Patrick Ness
124. “Water links us to our neighbor in a way more profound and complex than any other.” – John Thorson
125. “To understand water is to understand the cosmos, the marvels of nature, and life itself.” – Masaru Emoto
Powerful water quotes
126. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo da Vinci
127. “Like roots finding water, we always wind up moving towards what sustains us.” – Mark Nepo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
128. “We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.” – Thomas Fuller
129. “Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams – they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do – they all contain truths.” – Muhammad Ali
130. “River is time in water; as it came, still so it flows, yet never is the same.” – Barten Holyday
131. “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” – Georges Simenon
132. “Clean water, the essence of life and a birthright for everyone, must become available to all people now.” – Jean-Michel Cousteau
133. “Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall.” – Bob Ross
134. “The deeper the waters are, the more still they run.” – Korean Proverb
135. “When I sit here by the sea and listen to the sound of waves, I feel free from all obligations and people of this world.” – Henry David Thoreau
Water quotes to help you float through life’s storms
136. “I have seen the sea when it is storm and wild; when it is quiet and serene when it is dark and moody. And in all these moods, I see myself.” – Martin Buxbaum
137. “Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle.” – Crystal Middlemas
138. “A Woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.” – Maya Angelou
139. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” – A. A. Milne
140. “Surrender to the flow of the River of Life, yet do not float down the river like a leaf or a log. While neither attempting to resist life nor to hurry it, become the rudder and use your energy to correct your course to avoid the whirlpools and undertow.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
141. “I understand that everything is connected, that all roads meet, and that all rivers flow into the same sea.” – Paulo Coelho
142. “You have to dig a well before you can draw water from it.” ― Richie Norton
143. “Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing Life’s force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.” – Danielle LaPorte
144. “Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.” – Lao Tzu
145. “When I sit here by the sea and listen to the sound of waves, I feel free from all obligations and people of this world.” – Henry Thoreau
146. “Understanding plays a very crucial role in everyday life, just like water. Everyone should drink it, because it is the antidote for contradictions and antagonism in every way.”― Elijah Onyemmeri
147. “Like water, every moment is precious.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
148. “Today, at any moment, more water rushes through the atmosphere than flows through all the world’s rivers combined.”― Cynthia Barnett
149. “Give water enough time and it will carve a tunnel through the thickest mountain.”― Marty Rubin
150. “Fresh water springs are a living embodiment of the fountain of youth.”― Jessica Marie Baumgartner
More water quotes and sayings
151. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive but adjust to the object and you shall find a way around or through it.” – Bruce Lee
152. “Water is the most basic of all resources. Civilizations grew or withered depending on its availability.” – Dr. Nathan W. Snyder
153. “It’s good to leave each day behind, like flowing water, free of sadness. Yesterday is gone and its tale told.” – Rumi
154. “You can’t trust water. Even a straight stick turns crooked in it.” – W.C. Fields
155. “Water should not be judged by its history, but by its quality.” – Dr. Lucas Van Vuuren
156. “Water adopts the shape of its receptacle, it is sometimes a trickle and sometimes a wild sea.”— Miyamoto Musashi
157. “In calm water, every ship has a good captain.” – Grover Cleveland
158. “Water seeks its own level and water rises collectively.”— Julia Cameron
159. “Water is a common heritage, the value of which must be recognized by all. Everyone has the duty to use water carefully and economically.” – European Water Charter
160. “If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.”— John Ortberg Jr.
Beautiful Water Quotes
161. “All water has a perfect memory and is trying to get back to where it was.” – Toni Morrison
162. “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
163. “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.” – Phillip Diole
164. “The sea pronounces something, over and over, in a hoarse whisper; I cannot quite make it out.” – Annie Dillard
165. “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
166. “Take me to the ocean. Let me sail the open sea. To breathe the warm and salty air and dream of things to be.” – Erica Billups
167. “The sea is a desert of waves, A wilderness of water.” – Langston Hughes
168. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zan
169. “For many of us, clean water is so plentiful and readily available that we rarely, if ever, pause to consider what life would be like without it.” – Marcus Samuelsson
170. “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress.” – Margaret Atwood
Poetic water quotes
171. “Rain, midnight rain, nothing but the wild rain” – Edward Thomas, Rain
172. “The fountain is so happy.
The fountain is so glad,
You cannot make it sorry
You cannot make it sad.” – Annette Wynne, The Fountain Is So Happy
173. “My river runs to thee:
Blue sea, wilt welcome me?” – Emily Dickinson, The Outlet
174. “Of the rivers bright and golden,
Rolling onward to the sea,
In their beauty and their grandeur,
Thou the dearest art to me.” – Daniel Clement Colesworthy, Casco River
175. “”Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone.” – Margaret Atwood
176. “If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
177. “Look with open eyes and you will see the beauty of waterfall.” – Anthony Hincks
178. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.” – Rishabh Gautam
179. “So lovely was the loneliness of a wild lake.” – Edgar Allan Poe
180. “A lake so vibrant in color that it looks like a fine art painting.” – Stefanie Payne
Amazing water quotes
181. “For whatever we lose (like a you or a me) / It’s always our self we find in the sea.” – e.e. cummings
182. “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.” – Norman Maclean
183. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
184. “I’m always happy when I’m surrounded by water, I think I’m a Mermaid or I was a mermaid.” – Beyonce Knowles
185. “The ocean was the best place, of course. That was what she loved most. It was a feeling of freedom like no other, and yet a feeling of communion with all the other places and creatures the water touched.” – Ann Brashares
186. “Water was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
187. “How I wish I was like the water,
Flowing so freely with every drop.” – Virgil Kalyana Mittata Iordache
188. “Dip him in the river who loves water.” – William Blake
189. “Our bodies are molded rivers.” – Novalis
190. “A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Water quotes from surfers
191. “Out of the water, I am nothing.” – Duke Kahanamoku
192. “Foam is your friend. Don’t be scared of it. A little bit of extra foam here and there is good for the soul and your surfing.” – Rob Machado
193. “The biggest sin in the world would be if I lost my love for the ocean.” – Laird Hamilton
194. “You see that wave, that wall of water, and that tube. It’s something with being close to nature like that, pretty hard to beat.” – Jack O’Neill
195. “As hippy-cosmic as this sounds, I feel whole in the water and not whole out of the water.” – Mark Richards
196. “I like the feel of the fresh air and the salt water.” – Duke Kahanamoku
197. “Our water is so full of life; it’s the fastest water in the world. That’s all there is to it.” – Duke Kahanamoku
198. “My favorite toy or game has been the ocean. My real passion is for saltwater.” – Dorian “Doc” Paskowitz
199. “The ocean is alive, and we’ve got to take care of it.” – Jack O’Neill
200. “Being out there in the ocean – God’s creation – it’s like a gift he has given us to enjoy.” – Bethany Hamilton
Water quotes to ruminate on
201. “You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.” – Stan Laurel
202. “An over-indulgence of anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate.” – Criss Jami
203. “Fire and water looked so lovely together. It was a pity they destroyed each other by nature.” – R. F. Kuang
204. “Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load and improve the function of all your tissues.” – Kevin R. Stone
205. If snow melts down to water, does it still remember being snow?” – Jennifer McMahon
206. “Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives.” – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
207. “Treasure is uncovered by the force of flowing water, and it is buried by the same currents.” – Paulo Coelho
208. “I love the water. Everything about it. Smelling the humidity in the air, seeing the mist rise in the morning, feeling the dew-wet grass on my bare feet.” – Lori Foster
209. “Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” – Margaret Atwood
210. “We are all bodies of water, guarding the mystery of our depths, but some of us have more to guard than others.”― Deborah Smith
Drinking water quotes
211. We are drawn to it as if it’s a magical, healing force. We gestate in water, are made of water, and need to drink water to live. We are living in water.”― Alex Z. Moores
212. “I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night.” – Benjamin Franklin
213. “In time and with water, everything changes.” – Leonardo da Vinci
214. “The world needs water. For every bottle of wine you drink you contribute to conserving the drinking water reserves.” – Paul-Emile Victor
215. “Clean water is not an expenditure of Federal funds; clean water is an investment in the future of our country.” – Bud Shuster
216. “Water, water, everywhere, And all the boards did shrink; Water, water, everywhere, Nor any drop to drink.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
217. “Anyone who can solve the problems of water will be worthy of two Nobel prizes – one for peace and one for science.” – John F. Kennedy
218. “Water is the most precious, limited natural resource we have in this country…But because water belongs to no one – except the people – special interests, including government polluters, use it as their private sewers.” – Ralph Nader
219. “Water is the one substance from which the earth can conceal nothing; it sucks out its innermost secrets and brings them to our very lips.” – Jean Giraudoux
220. “By polluting clear water with slime you will never find good drinking water.” – Aeschylus
Thought Provoking Water Quotes
221. “Water is soft to the touch, but hard enough to erode rock.” ― T.J. Burr
222. “In the empty immensity of earth, sky, and water, there she was, incomprehensible, firing into a continent.” ― Joseph Conrad
223. “Waves that beautiful are rare. That is the thing about the water, it is not yours to control, you are at the mercy of nature.” ― Taylor Jenkins Reid
224. “She knew that she was unstable as water and variable as the summer winds.” ― W. Somerset Maugham
225. “If there’s muck in the water of your life, you probably had a hand in hauling it there. What that means is that you also have the ability to haul it out.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
226. “O wise man! Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet.” ― Chanakya
227. “There definitely needs to be water on the sidelines for these players, but I also had some Gatorade just in case they were allergic to the water or vice versa.” ― John Madden
228. “Listen to the waters and you will feel the happiness within nature.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
229. “Shadows of cloud lurked in the water, like holes the sun forgot about.” ― Markus Zusak
230. “All rivers, even the most dazzling, those that catch the sun in their course, all rivers go down to the ocean and drown. And life awaits man as the sea awaits the river.” ― Simone Schwarz-Bart
Water Quotes To Appreciate The Beauty Of Nature
231. “When a stone is dropped into a pond, the water continues quivering even after the stone has sunk to the bottom.” — Arthur Golden
232. “There is no small pleasure in pure water.” — Ovid
233. “Water is to me, I confess, a phenomenon which continually awakens new feelings of wonder as often as I view it.” — Michael Faraday
234. If you throw a pebble into the water on one side of the ocean, it can create a tidal wave on the other side.” — Victor Webster
235. “Excitement is the drunkenness of the spirits. Only calm waters reflect heaven in their bosom.” — Margaret of Valois
236. “One cannot reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.” — Lao Tzu
237. “Water is a very good servant, but it is a cruel master.” — C.G.D. Roberts
238. “Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterward in water.” — Benjamin Franklin
239. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” — Christopher Morley
240. “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.” — Sylvia Earle
Water Quotes About Its Magical Powers
241. “Water is a finite resource that is essential in the advancement of agriculture, and is vital to human life.” ― Jim Costa
242. “In every drop of water, there is a story of life.” ― Leena Arif
243. “I absolutely fell in love with being on the water and the peace and freedom that you get being on the water in a single boat.” ― Oksana Masters
244. “Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you.” ― Margaret Atwood
245. “Water must be thought of in terms of the chains of life it supports.” ― Rachel Carson
246. “Our days consist of sand and water and sweat.” ― Anthony Swofford
247. “On flowing water travels little paper boats; paper boats of forgiveness. Allow yourself to feel anger, allow your waters to flow, along with all the paper boats of forgiveness. Be human.”
― C. JoyBell
248. “A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving, living part of the very earth itself.” ― Laura Gilpin
249. “Water is always a support or a healing thing apart from, you know, love or peace of mind.” ― Nastassja Kinski
250. “Happiness is a simple everyday miracle, like water, and we are not aware of it.” ― Nikos Kazantzakis
Water Quotes To Encourage You Enroute To Your Goals
251. “Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness.” — Laozi
252. “Water becomes filthy with desire as it gains speed into a flood. It cannot move in a straight line…. There is too much craving and energy when water moves. It wants out.” ― Craig Childs
253. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” — Bruce Lee
254. “All things flow, nothing abides. You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are continually flowing on. Nothing is permanent except change.” — Heraclitus
255. “Water is the softest of all things, yet it is the most powerful. The ocean patiently allows all things to flow into it. It is always flexible. The Tao is not about grasping, but allowing, like water.” — Wayne Dyer
256. “So let the mind flow like a river. Face life with a calm and quiet mind, and everything in life will be calm and quiet.” ― Thich Thien-An
257. “Anger is like flowing water; there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you let it flow.” — C. JoyBell C
258. “He saw that the water continually flowed and flowed and yet it was always there; it was always the same and yet every moment it was new.” — Hermann Hesse
259. “Water flows because it is willing.” — Marty Rubin
260. “Be like water, Flow like a river, Crash like the rain, Fly like the cloud again!” ― Md. Ziaul Haque
Short Water Quotes To Give You Life
261. “Water finds the easiest path down a mountain.” ― Michael Lomenda
262. “Water trotted is as good as oates.” ― George Herbert
263. “In calm water every ship has a good captain.” ― Steven Grover Cleveland
264. “Water the root to enjoy the fruit.” ― Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
265. “Water is the life-giver and the death-bringer.” ― Michael Scott
266. “Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” ― Alan W. Watts
267. “Water is the true wealth in a dry land.” ― Wallace Stegner
268. “Water runneth smoothest where it is deepest.” ― John Lyly
269. “Water is the symbol of pure consciousness.” ― Frederick Lenz
270. “Water is the ink that writes the poetry of life.” ― Alexandra Cousteau
Water Quotes for Your Liquid Inspiration
271. “Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.” ― W. C. Fields
272. “In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it.” ― Laozi
273. “High and fine literature is wine, and mine is only water; but everybody likes water.” ― Mark Twain
274. “If we continue on the path we’re on, there simply won’t be enough fresh water for everyone.” ― Penelope Cruz
275. “Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man – who has no gills.” ― Ambrose Bierce
276. “Stones are hollowed out by the constant dropping of water.” ― Ovid
277. “Water from a fountain quenches the excessive heat which would destroy this life. Thus water can be called the only everlasting source of continuous being.” ― Nicola Salvi
278. “I have little need to remind you that water has become one of our major national concerns.” ― Ezra Taft Benson
279. “The shortage of fresh water is the major ecological problem of this moment.” ― Mikhail Gorbachev
280. “The wise man of Miletus thus declared the first of things is water.” ― John Stuart Blackie
Which of these water quotes was your favorite?
Water is the driving force in nature.
It’s the lifeblood of humanity, our nations, our economies, and our well-being.
Water represents life.
It symbolizes love, purity, fertility, life, motion, renewal, and transformation.
We hope that the above quotes have inspired you to move forward in your life and live it to the fullest.
Did you enjoy these water quotes?
Which of the quotes resonated with you best?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.