Impress your friends at the next smoke session with these insightful weed quotes and hilarious cannabis quips.
If you’re searching for the perfect words to describe your love for cannabis, look no further than these weed quotes and marijuana musings.
Tell us your favorite weed quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a 2021 survey conducted by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 43.5 million people in the United States use marijuana, making it the most commonly used illicit drug in the country.
This statistic demonstrates the widespread popularity of marijuana and the potential audience for your article on weed quotes.
What are the benefits of reading these weed quotes?
These quotes beautifully illustrate the power, joy, and sense of community found when smoking weed.
Why do we love marijuana so much?
Smoking weed makes us feel:
Aside from these positive impacts on our brains, cannabis can also help heal our bodies.
Evidence suggests that medical marijuana can help treat chronic pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, nausea, appetite loss, and other symptoms and disorders.
Cannabis use is now more popular than ever as more and more places choose to legalize marijuana.
This beautiful plant can improve lives across the entire globe.
Next time you’re about to light about, think of some of these awesome stoner sayings.
Here is the best collection of inspiring, uplifting, and downright hilarious weed quotes.
Also, check out our list of the best alcohol quotes on drinking and partying.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
The Best Weed Quotes from the Cannabis Community
According to a 2017 study published in the journal Addiction, states that legalized medical marijuana had lower rates of opioid overdose deaths compared to states without medical marijuana laws.
This finding suggests that marijuana may be a safer alternative to prescription opioids for managing pain and could potentially help reduce the opioid epidemic in the United States.
1. “I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits – and millions of Americans agree with me.” – Hunter S. Thompson
You will also enjoy our article on vine quotes.
2. “Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit … unnatural?” – Bill Hicks
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
3. “Many artists and writers have used cannabis for creative stimulation – from the writers of the world’s religious masterpieces to our most irreverent satirists.” – Jack Herer
You will also enjoy our article on letterkenny quotes.
4. “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.” – Bob Marley
You will also enjoy our article on history of.
5. “It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics … dope and all that crap. It’s a thousand times better than whiskey – it’s an assistant – a friend.” – Louis Armstrong
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Louis Armstrong quotes to help push you past your fears.
You will also enjoy our article on flower quotes.
6. “The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” – Carl Sagan
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
7. “Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see.” – Thomas Jefferson
You will also enjoy our article on liar quotes.
8. “Marijuana enhances our mind in a way that enables us to take a different perspective from ‘high up’, to see and evaluate our own lives and the lives of others in a privileged way. Maybe this euphoric and elevating feeling of the ability to step outside the box and to look at life’s patterns from this high perspective is the inspiration behind the slang term ‘high’ itself.” – Sebastian Marincolo
You will also enjoy our article on hippie quotes.
9. “The War on Drugs will go down in history as the most racist crusade since slavery.” – Thor Benson
You will also enjoy our article on toxic people quotes.
10. “I got high, and forgot I wasn’t supposed to get high.” – Ricky Williams
You might also like these stoner quotes for the next time you light that blunt.
Insightful weed quotes
According to a 2021 report by the Marijuana Policy Project, the majority of Americans (68%) support legalizing marijuana for recreational use, and 90% support legalizing medical marijuana.
This statistic suggests that public opinion on marijuana is shifting towards legalization and that the use of marijuana is becoming more socially accepted.
11. “By regulating marijuana, we can put black market drug dealers out of business and eliminate the rebellious allure that attracts young people.” – Sal Albanese
You will also enjoy our article on betrayal quotes.
12. “Of course I know how to roll a joint.” – Martha Stewart
You will also enjoy our article on history of cannabis yoga.
13. “The criminalization of marijuana did not prevent marijuana from becoming the most widely used illegal substance in the United States and many other countries. But it did result in extensive costs and negative consequences.” – George Soros
14. “That is not a drug, it’s a leaf.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could.” – William F. Buckley, Jr.
16. “Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).” – Nick Offerman
17. “Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.” ― Richard Neville
18. “Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable.” – Kurt Vonnegut
19. “I think that marijuana should not only be legal, I think it should be a cottage industry. It would be wonderful for the state of Maine. There’s some pretty good homegrown dope. I’m sure it would be even better if you could grow it with fertilizers and have greenhouses.”- Stephen King
20. “Hashish will be, indeed, for the impressions and familiar thoughts of the man, a mirror which magnifies, yet no more than a mirror.” – Charles Baudelaire
Don’t forget to also check out these farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
Classic weed quotes that will make your day
A 2021 survey conducted by Pew Research Center found that 91% of Americans support the legalization of marijuana for either medical or recreational use.
This statistic shows that there is a widespread acceptance of marijuana use in the United States, making it more likely that people will appreciate and share weed quotes.
21. “I’d like to see the government back a program of research into the medical properties of cannabis and I do not object to its responsible use as a recreational relaxant.” – Sir Richard Branson
22. “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?” – Willie Nelson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of drug quotes on how drug use can affect your mind, body, and spirit.
23. “I’ve been smoking marijuana for 44 years now, and … I think it’s a tremendous blessing.” – Lester Grinspoon
24. “It is beyond my comprehension that any humane person would withhold such a beneficial substance from people in such great need simply because others use it for different purposes.” – Steven Gould
25. “I think pot should be legal. I don’t smoke it, but I like the smell of it.” – Andy Warhol
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Andy Warhol quotes that will inspire you to look at the world differently today.
26. “I don’t consider weed to be any worse than having a beer.” – James Franco
27. “Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
28. “I have found in my study of these patients that cannabis is really a safe, effective and non-toxic alternative to many standard medications. There is no such thing as an overdose. We have seen very minimal problems with abuse or dependence, which at worst are equivalent to dependence on caffeine. While a substance may have some potential for misuse, in my opinion, that’s a poor excuse to deny its use and benefit to everyone else.” – Philip Denney, MD
29. “I know you’re supposed to tell kids not to do drugs, but, kids, do it! Do weed! Don’t do the other stuff, but weed is good.” – Kevin Smith
If you enjoyed this article, check out our weed quotes for some thoughtful perspective on marijuana.
30. “One’s condition on marijuana is always existential. One can feel the importance of each moment and how it is changing one. One feels one’s being, one becomes aware of the enormous apparatus of nothingness — the hum of a hi-fi set, the emptiness of a pointless interruption, one becomes aware of the war between each of us, how the nothingness in each of us seeks to attack the being of others, how our being in turn is attacked by the nothingness in others.” – Norman Mailer
If you enjoy this article, you might also like these candy quotes to sweeten up your day.
Weed quotes about its benefits
A study published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs found that people who use marijuana tend to have more positive attitudes towards life and are more satisfied with their overall well-being compared to non-users.
This statistic can add to the positive vibe of your article and provide a scientific explanation for why weed quotes might make people feel good.
31. “A friend with weed is a friend indeed…”― Pops O’Donnell
32. “When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” – Barack Obama
33. “For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It’s a new day and age, this is, uh, the year … fuck year is it? I don’t know, because I’ve been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullshit, which I don’t do.” – Nick Diaz
34. “Writing to me is like hitting the herb. No problems, Mon. No worries.”― A.K. Kuykendall
35. “Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?” – Henry Ford
36. “The American Nurses Association (ANA) recognizes that patients should have safe access to therapeutic marijuana/cannabis. Cannabis or marijuana has been used medicinally for centuries. It has been shown to be effective in treating a wide range of symptoms and conditions.” – American Nurses Association
37. “Stop killing each other man. Let’s just smoke a blunt.” – Tupac
38. “People make a decision on what they take based on whether or not it’s legal. We give people at the age of 18 a choice to use alcohol, which is more harmful than cannabis. If they have the choice to use cannabis by legalising it, they’ll be less likely to drink alcohol, giving people an option to use a safer drug. If people end up using cannabis instead of alcohol, that would obviously be a good thing.” – Luke Flanagan
39. “Marijuana saved my life. I have no doubts about it and you don’t need to show me any data.” – Greg Scott
40. “If you grew up in the 60’s or 70’s, and didn’t do drugs I don’t trust you.” – Danny Danko
Famous and inspirational weed quotes
According to a 2020 report by Grand View Research, the global legal marijuana market is expected to reach $73.6 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 18.1% from 2020 to 2027.
This statistic highlights the growing importance of the marijuana industry, making it more relevant to talk about and share weed quotes.
41. “Why do I do it? Because I enjoy its effects. You know, I — why does anybody use any mind-altering substance, you know, because they like the way it makes them feel.” – Mark Stepnoski
42. “We talk to each other in code. We said that 420 was a special number. It was a time. It was a date. It was a symbol for what we did for passive resistance.” – Rick Cusick
43. “It makes me feel the way I need to feel.” – Snoop Dogg
44. “The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS — or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, marijuana is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.” – Joycelyn Elders, MD
45. “If the words “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.” – Terence McKenna
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of the pursuit of happiness quotes that will make you smile.
46. “You know what I’m really tired of is people getting arrested for the possession of marijuana. It’s just a plant. It makes no sense.” – Madeline Martinez
47. “Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.” – Melissa Etheridge
48. “It’s hard to be mean when you’re stoned.” – Bill Lee
49. “I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening —or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning…But never at dusk.” – Steve Martin
50. “Struggle is the enemy, but weed is the remedy.” – Kid Cudi
You might also like these party quotes that remind you to celebrate life.
More weed quotes and sayings
51. “When the wind likes a path, the weeds around that path will tremble all day long!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “There was no time to weigh chances. There was no such thing as chances anyway, in the distorted perspective of the weed fumes.” – Cornell Woolrich
53. “Every weed’s fate is to bow in front of the wind!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
54. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” – Bob Marley
55. “Cannabis is just way too healthy for a sick health care system.” – Sebastian Marincolo
56. “If you fail to sow good thoughts in your mind, the weeds of evil thoughts will take root there and eventually they will take up all the space and not let good thoughts flourish.” – Awdhesh Singh
57. “A man of words and not of deeds, Is like a garden full of weeds.” – Benjamin Franklin
58. “When weeds go to heaven, I suppose they will be flowers.” – L.M. Montgomery
59. “Weeds are luckier than flowers because they are not killed for their beauties!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
Best weed quotes to get you in high spirits
60. “If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you’ll add eight to 24 years to your life.” – Jack Herer
61. [Marijuana] doesn’t have a high potential for abuse, and there are very legitimate medical applications. In fact, sometimes marijuana is the only thing that works.” – Dr. Sanjay Gupta
62. “People say you can abuse marijuana. You can abuse cheeseburgers. Does that mean we should close Burger Kings.” – Joe Rogan
63. “I find it quite ironic that the most dangerous thing about weed is getting caught with it.” – Bill Murray
64. “If somebody gives me a joint, I might smoke it, but I don’t go after it.” – John Lennon
65. “If you want to smoke marijuana in your basement, I don’t care! I’m not going to get a search warrant and kick your door in. I think that’s foolish.” – Bill O’Reilly
66. “Let us burn one from end to end, and pass it over to me my friend…” – Ben Harper
67. “The only serious side-effect of marijuana is that you might get arrested.” – Alan Watts
68. “They’ve outlawed the No. 1 vegetable on the planet.” – Timothy Leary
69. “To make marijuana against the law is like saying God made a big mistake.” – Bill Hicks
Fascinating weed quotes to think about
70. “According to the geniuses running this place, the only reason you would skip class is if you’re smoking pot, though I actually find my classes more enjoyable when I’m high.” ― Flynn Meaney
71. “You’ve been smoking again, haven’t you? Your eyes look like road maps and you’re in full bastard mode.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
72. “Prison is for rapists, thieves, and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, then you‘re the fucking criminal.” ― Joe Rogan
73. “And, to be honest, if weed is a gateway drug, then I really did hop the fence, but sometimes I can’t help but miss the sticky-sweet warmth of a good old fashioned hot box.” ― Kris Kidd
74. “I definitely believe marijuana helps with menstruation. Since I started smoking pot, my girlfriend’s period has become painless for me” ― Randy Kagan
75. “So many writers make dope glamorous; a form of romantic transgression, or world-weariness, or poetic sensitivity, or hipness. Mainly it’s the stuff of ritualistic communion among inarticulate bores.” ― Leonard Michaels
76. “There’s [an] ironic, almost tragic phenomenon, which is that seniors, who are one of the groups who can most benefit from use of cannabis, are the single group which remains most opposed to reforming cannabis laws.” ― Steve DeAngelo
77. “Unquestionably, this drug is is very useful to the artist, activating trains of association that would otherwise be inaccessible, and I owe many of the scenes in Naked Lunch directly to the use of cannabis.” ― William Burroughs
78. “Marijuana should be legalized. All drugs should be legalized. I’m tired of all the best party people being caged.” ― Thor Benson
79. “Only those who’re high on the herb can truly appreciate Marley. Lean back, enjoy life and really listen to him. ‘…every little thing gonna be alright…” ― A.K. Kuykendall
Weed Quotes That Will Make You Want To Give It A Try
80. “If you see a weed, pluck it.” ― Mark W. Muesse
81. “Everything’s better with a bag of weed.” — Stewie Griffin
82. “I smoked pot in college, and in the Army…” — Al Gore
83. “If you ain’t got a good job and you ain’t smokin’ weed, then I dont know what the fuck you are doin’ wit your life.” — Katt Williams
84. “So what if I’m smokin’ weed onstage and doing what I gotta do? It’s not me shooting nobody, stabbing nobody, killing nobody. It’s a peaceful gesture and they have to respect that and appreciate that.” — Snoop Dogg
85. “I hope they legalize marijuana and when they do I’ll be the first fucking person in line to buy my pack of joints.” — Megan Fox
86. “The drug war is a total scam, prescription drugs kill 300K a year, while marijuana kills no one, but they spend billions/year ‘fighting’ it, because pot heads make for good little slaves to put into private prisons, owned by the banks who launder the drug money, and it’s ALL DOCUMENTED.” — Alex E. Jones
87. “Marijuana is a useful catalyst for specific optical and aural aesthetic perceptions. I apprehended the structure of certain pieces of jazz and classical music in a new manner under the influence of marijuana, and these apprehensions have remained valid in years of normal consciousness.” — Allen Ginsberg
88. “I think that marijuana makes you stupid but sensual. I’ve watched many of my friends and loved ones become more erotic and dumber–just going around with a glazed expression on their faces from their last orgasms to the next–and found them really quite boring.” — Timothy Leary
89. “I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast.” — Ronald Reagan
Funny Weed Quotes That Will Blow Your Mind
90. “President Obama smoked so much pot in college he never learned to spell. Which is why he’s confusing the word “ruining” the country with “running” the country.” ― Kilburn Hall
91. “A marijuana high can enhance core human mental abilities. It can help you to focus, to remember, to see new patterns, to imagine, to be creative, to introspect, to empathically understand others, and to come to deep insights. If you don’t find this amazing you have lost your sense of wonder. Which, by the way, is something a high can bring back, too.” ― Sebastian Marincolo
92. “The marijuana paradox – although associated with increased appetite and calorie consumption, regular use of cannabis, protects against diabetes and obesity. How it manages to do so, however, is still anybody’s guess!” ― The Fitness Doc
93. “People who smoke would have probably been regarded as fools or insane, if only a percentage of people who smoke smoked.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
94. “it either makes you smarter or stupid #420” ― Mohlalefi j motsima
95. “Mexican marijuana, which he called the schoolboy’s consolation.” ― James Purdy
96. “Drugs are also a part of school life, in particular marijuana. Alcohol beverages, prostitution – not so much on campus – but that is a way of survival for some young women and young men. These are societal ills.” ― Drexel Deal
97. “I don’t think any responsible performer would go on stage high. If he convinces himself he is better that way, he is deluding himself.” ― Oliver
98. “Serge nodded. ‘And I respect your opinion because you smoke marijuana. You’re chemically biased against violence and job applications.” ― Tim Dorsey
99. “Marijuana is fuel for a creative mind. Fuck this prohibition.” ― A.K. Kuykendall
Weed Quotes To Make You Yearn For a Puff
100. “If I’m going to be totally honest, I don’t think that smoking weed is that big a deal.” ― Chloe Madeley
101. “Hey-hey-hey-hey! Smoke weed everyday!” ― Nate Dogg
102. “More than anything, the weed really helped with my mental state, because marijuana works on the brain. And if anything, it soothes the brain.” ― Tommy Chong
103. “Let’s get to the point. Let’s roll another joint.” ― Tom Petty
104. “Federal and state laws (should) be changed to no longer make it a crime to possess marijuana for private use.” ― Richard M. Nixon
105. “All I want to do is yoga, hike, and smoke weed. It’s funny.” ― Miley Cyrus
106. “Grow some more weed and get medicated, everyday is a holiday so we celebrate it.” ― Wiz Khalifa
107. “We’ve legalized marijuana recently. Medical marijuana, but the rest will come.” ― Susan Sarandon
108. “I rarely drink from the bottle, but I’ll smoke a little weed.” ― Aaron Lewis
109. “What is wrong with me? I just bought a bag of weed from an infant.” ― Dave Chappelle
Weed Quotes To Make You Take a Puff
110. “Relax and take notes while I take tokes of the marijuana smoke.” ― The Notorious B.I.G.
111. “A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.” ― Doug Larson
112. “A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.” ― James Russell Lowell
113. “If everyone smoked weed, the world would be a better place.” ― Kirsten Dunst
114. “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
115. “Music and weed go well together, obviously.” ― Doug Walters
116. “Tupac Shakur always wanted me to smoke weed with him, and I never did it, and I wish I did…That’s my biggest regret.” ― Mike Tyson
117. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” ― A. A. Milne
118. “Everyone knows if you’re going to take weed to school, you put it in your trapper keeper to keep it fresh.” ― Chelsea Handler
119. “I love stoner comedies. I smoked weed in college, but I haven’t smoked in years.” ― Natalie Portman
Weed Quotes To Help You Meditate
120. “I may have smoked too much weed, but I wasn’t taking drugs or anything.” — Mike Tyson
121. “I occasionally borrow pot from my kids. They do a little weed occasionally. ‘Here, Dad’ — or more likely, ‘Dad, have you got any?'” — Keith Richards
122. “I made some jokes about weed, got some laughs, made some more jokes, got some more laughs; next thing you know, I’m telling a lot of jokes about it.” — Doug Benson
123. “I was diagnosed with paranoia for fear of never smoking weed again.” — Eddie Bravo
124. “I’ve been college, but to be truthfully frank, weed is knowledge because it makes me think” — Keith Murray
125. “I smoke weed, of course. That’s like meditation for me. Watching movies is a really good escape as well.” — Wiz Khalifa
126. “In my spare time, I smoke acres of weed.” — Kevin Smith
127. “I made a deal with myself that whenever I smoke weed, I have to be doing something productive: writing, recording, cutting a podcast, editing, etc.” — Kevin Smith
128. “I enjoy smoking cannabis and see no harm in it.” — Jennifer Aniston
129. “Breathe in…inhale vapors from bright stars that shine, Breathe out…weed smoke retrace the skyline.” — Mos Def
Weed Quotes To Boost Your Spirit
130. “It smelled overwhelmingly of floral air fresheners being used to disguise the scent of marijuana, which works like a charm if you only ask the people smoking the marijuana.” ― Mandy Ashcraft
131. “Never give up the ganja.” — Morgan Freeman
132. “The biggest killer on the planet is stress, and I still think the best medicine is and always has been cannabis.” — Willie Nelson
133. “I don’t do drugs, though. Just weed.” — Dave Chappelle
134. “weed is the best drug on earth.” — Miley Cyrus
135. “Please don’t throw your shit at me…unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana.” — Les Claypool
136. “I don’t believe that weed is a drug. I believe its herbal medicine. I’ll smoke that occasionally and I definitely back marijuana but anything harder than that, I just say no to and I encourage kids to say no to hard drugs.” — Christofer Drew
137. “Smoke weed every day.” — Wiz Khalifa
138. “Proceed to not smoke weed around the seed.” — Nelly
139. “Long as me and my team in here, There’s gon’ be some weed in the air!” — Wiz Khalifa
Enhance Your High with the Dankest Weed Quotes
Marijuana is more than just a beautiful and powerful plant.
Smoking weed can relax the mind, ease the body, and lift the spirits.
Not everyone understands the benefits of cannabis, though, so having a good arsenal of quotes celebrating the herb can come in handy.
The next time you’re lighting up a joint, think about some of the insightful stoner wisdom and hilarious weed quotes shared throughout the years.
The best quotes from the cannabis community highlight the happiness that smoking weed brings to people across the globe.
What’s your favorite quote about smoking weed?
Share your best cannabis quote or weed story in the comments below!