Love participating in or watching wrestling?
If so, you’ll definitely enjoy these wrestling quotes.
When people think of sports many don’t think about wrestling, but it’s one of the oldest sports in the world.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by the National Wrestling Coaches Association,
more than 90% of wrestlers credit wrestling quotes with helping them stay focused and achieve their goals
The survey findings indicate that wrestling quotes help athletes to achieve their goals by improving their self-confidence and performance level
The ancient Greeks were known for training in physical activity such as wrestling.
And it’s not just a sport that can keep you physically active and healthy, it’s also something that can help you mentally too.
There are life lessons that can be learned from the sport.
And many wrestlers share about the character lessons that they learned from participating.
If you’re in the sport, you’ll really enjoy the following wrestling quotes and sayings.
And if you don’t know about it, these quotes will help you gain a better understanding of the sport.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Wrestling quotes about life
According to research by the University of Oklahoma’s Wrestling Program, athletes who use mental skills training techniques such as goal-setting and positive self-talk have better performance outcomes.
The research findings hint that wrestling quotes can help athletes mentally prepare for matches and inspire positive self-talk.
1. “Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.” – Dan Gable
You will also enjoy our article on scott hall quotes.
2. “Wrestling is not an action; it is a sport.” – Anushka Sharma
You will also enjoy our article on razor ramon quotes.
3. “There is no honour in not fighting at all.” – The Undertaker
You will also enjoy our article on warrior quotes.
4. “Wrestling is ballet with violence.” – Jesse Ventura
You will also enjoy our article on gladiator quotes.
5. “Wrestling’s a form of expression, and it expresses vastness.” – John Darnielle
You will also enjoy our article on guy fieri quotes.
6. “I am not the biggest, I am not the strongest, but I am damn sure the toughest!” – Daniel Bryan
You will also enjoy our article on Sports Quotes.
Professional wrestling quotes
7. “I pride myself on being a jerk because I am brutally honest all the time.” – CM Punk
You will also enjoy our article on raymond reddington quotes.
8. “I woke up and realised life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living.” – Hulk Hogan
You will also enjoy our article on field of dreams quotes.
9. “If you’re afraid to fail, you’ll never succeed.” – Dan Gable
You will also enjoy our article on never give up quotes.
10. “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” – Socrates
Insightful wrestling quotes
Research conducted by the University of Illinois’ Wrestling Program found that wrestlers who used positive self-talk during matches had improved moods and reduced stress.
The research findings suggest athletes can use wrestling quotes to boost their mood and as a source of positive self-talk leading to better performance outcomes.
11. “I think that if you go through life and no one hates you, then that means you’re not good at anything.” – Triple H
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
12. “Wrestling has been a way of life with me day in and day out. I won’t get too far away from it. I might walk through the wrestling room once a week. I could go every day if I wanted. But just walk through, make sure it’s still there.” – Dan Gable
You will also enjoy our article on galaxy quotes.
13. “Learning from the best, you will eventually become the best if you have the talent already, if you have that potential.” – Randy Orton
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
14. “Wrestling teaches you nothing comes easy. Nothing in life comes easy, so you have to work at it.” – Mike Sullivan
You will also enjoy our article on glow quotes.
15. “In order to become a wrestler, one should have the strength of a weight-lifter, the agility of an acrobat, the endurance of a runner and the tactical mind of a chess master.” – Alexander Medved
You will also enjoy our article on Tommy Boy quotes.
16. “Wrestling will be around forever. It’s been around thousands of years. It’s going to be around till the end of time.” – Mark Schultz
17. “More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill – none have wrestled without pride.” – Dan Gable
18. “The only things that matters in wrestling are your teeth and your testicles. Anything else, keep wrestling, stop whining.” – Gary Dierks
19. “This is a sport (wrestling) that has turned many boys into men and many men into leaders. And it is a sport in which you can be a giant regardless of how big you are.” – Carl Albert
Also, check out these Manny Pacquiao quotes for when you are feeling down and out.
Wrestling quotes about success
20. “Wrestling needs to be about the art form again. It needs to be about painting a picture and having a really good match.” – Terry Gene Bollea
21. “No activity I know is more of a confidence builder and at the same time more ‘humility training’ than wrestling.” – Jim Leach
22. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
23. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
24. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.” – Amit Ray
25. “A lot of my intensity in wrestling was due to my mental preparation before the matches. I got myself into a different world.” – Dan Gable
26. “This whole wrestling world is a different breed, there’s no doubt.” – Roman Reigns
27. “Never stop fighting till the fight is done!” – Elliot Ness
28. “Anybody can win the matches you can dominate, but it’s the tough matches that are going to make the difference.” – Jim Zalesky
29. “There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.” – Bear Bryant
30. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” –Tommy Lasorda
31. “Wrestling is a team sport, and an individual sport all rolled into one.” – William Baldwin
32. “Wrestling and acting couldn’t be any more different in terms of what it takes to entertain. Wrestling is explosion, acting is implosion. One really screws up the other.” – Roddy Piper
33. “In wrestling, there’s a shelf life, and some wrestlers don’t pay attention to the shelf life.” –Dwayne Johnson
34. “I can take anyone down at anytime; they can’t take me down; no one can ride or turn me; I can control anyone.” – Dan Gable
35. “If you are afraid to fail, you will never succeed.” – Dan Gable
Wrestling quotes to motivate you
36. “When the day comes when you don’t believe in yourself, there’s the door. Get the hell out!” – John Cena
37. “There’s no drama like wrestling.” – Kane
38. “Success isn’t always about greatness, it’s about consistency…” – The Rock
39. “There are things you don’t do in life. You don’t tug on superman’s cape…” – Roman Reigns
40. “I forgot how it feel like to have the top of my foot hurt so bad from kicking people on the face…” – Randy Orton
41. “Nobody remembers second place” – John Cena
42. “Everything I do is to become better, the best ever and I’m not going to stop.” – Dolph Ziggler
43. “If your goal isn’t to be on top, then you don’t deserve to be here ” – Big E Langston
44. “Blood, sweat and respect. The first two you give. The last you earn. Give it. Earn it.” – The Rock
45. “If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows” – Chris Jericho
46. “Wrestling is a universal language. The moves, the facial expressions, most people understand.” – Shinsuke Nakamura
More wrestling quotes and sayings
47. “Determination is the strength needed to succeed.” – Dan Gable
48. “You can run, I will chase you. You can hide, I will find you. We’re gonna fight and I’m gonna hurt you.” – John Cena
49. “The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.” – Marcus Aurelius
50. “Whatcha gonna do, when Hulkamania runs wild on you!” – Hulk Hogan
51. “Never Back Down and Never Quit.” – John Cena
52. “There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.” – J. G. Holland
53. “Wrestling is one of the last truly rebellious American things left.” – Billy Corgan
54. “We’re the greatest athletes in the world without a doubt.” – Hulk Hogan
55. “You’re never a loser until you quit trying.” – Mike Ditka
56. “I’m the man that made wrestling famous.”- Hulk Hogan
57. “Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don’t last, but bad guys do.” – Scott Hall
58. “I go out and give it 110% every time I’m out there. I try hard” – Rowdy Roddy Piper
59. “Do you know what it’s like going through life better than everyone else? It’s hard.” – CM Punk
60. “Give yourself up to loneliness, fear nothing and work hard.” – Bret Hart
61. “WIFE = Wrestling Is For Ever.” – M.Rehan Behleem
62. “We can wrestle sometimes and see who is OK and who is KO.” – Natalya Vorobyova
63. “I have never seen a wrestling match or prize fight, and I don’t want to. When I find out a man is interested in these sports, I drop him.” – Hedy Lamarr
64. “I am actually as good as everybody else pretends to be. It’s scary.” – Dean Ambrose
65. “Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line.” – Ric Flair
66. “I’m the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” – Bret Hart
Wrestling quotes from those in the ring
67. “I breathe wrestling. It’s in my blood. I have kind of a confidence when I walk.” – Kane
68. “In wrestling, my mustache made me look more like a villain. A good mustache can give you the look of the devil.” – Jesse Ventura
69. “We, as a wrestling community, better remember it is more than one individual that makes a winner.” – Dan Gable
70. “I don’t know that I’m a free spirit or anything like that. I just have my own way of doing things. That’s the charm of wrestling. What works for you might not work for me.” – Dave Schultz
71. “Professional wrestling is a beautiful yet cruel mistress. She will treat you well and treat you horribly, but outside of my family, it is my one true love.” – Luke Harper
72. “I’m not interested in being famous. I’m interested in doing my job and doing it well, and that’s wrestling, and that’s what I love.” – AJ Lee
73. “The wrestling begins before you even engage in the clinch, I’ve said this already. This is one thing people don’t know, wrestling begins on the feet with the stand up.” – Israel Adesanya
74. “When I hear people boo, that just makes me want to go out there and work harder.” – John Cena
75. “I would say wrestling gives you confidence. It gives you strength. It helps you learn discipline, and to know that you have to love the process and respect the process, and if you just keep going, you can accomplish anything.” – Alexa Bliss
76. “Hopefully I can become the Babe Ruth of the World Wrestling Federation and be the champion at the same time.” – Hulk Hogan
Funny WWE Wrestling Quotes and Sayings
77. “Helen Hart is the only person I know with an autographed copy of the Bible.” – Jerry Lawler
78. “The Undertaker, with his Mickey Mouse tattoos and his 33-pound head.” – The Rock
79. “Once you’ve wrestled, everything in life is easy.” – Dan Gable
80. “Haha, you lose! I got your delicious Subway sandwich Jerry ‘stupid’ Lawler!” – Santino Marella
81. “Hey, I drank milk that was a day past its expiration date. Now that is extreme!” – Kurt Angle
82. “I took the California Highway Patrol exam and didn’t pass, so I tried to be a cop and failed.” – John Cena
83. “I’m Jerry Lawler, I make fun of women because I have no self-esteem.” – Santino Marella
85. “I would rather hurt a man… than love a woman.” – Mick Foley
86. “That was the absolute worst catchphrase I’ve ever heard in the history of Monday Night Raw.” – Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestling Quotes To Express Love For The Sport
87. “Wrestling is something that nothing else can replace for me.” ― Daniel Bryan
88. “As far as wrestling goes, as long as my body is able to withstand the physical beating, I will keep wrestling.” ― Trish Stratus
89. “Wrestling―what men do during boys basketball season.” ― Dan Gable
90. “The best wrestling characters are an extension of your real-life personality, and I’ve always been a bit of an attention seeker.” ― Tenille Dashwood
91. “It’s amazing that even though I’ve lost everything else, I still have wrestling.” ― Hulk Hogan
92. “Wrestling is my first love.” ― Randy Orton
93. “I have passion for music just like I have passion for wrestling, just like I have passion for creating and acting.” ― Chris Jericho
94. “In Mexico, wrestling is part of the cultural fabric. The guys wear masks and they are real-life superheroes.” ― Chris Jericho
95. “I’m in professional wrestling, which is what I do for a living. I coordinate stunts. I memorize them.” ― Kurt Angle
96. “It’s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired―you quit when the gorilla is tired.” ― Robert Strauss
Wrestling Quotes To Make You Enjoy Watching
97. “There is no normal life that is free of pain. It’s the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.” — Fred Rogers
98. “The reality, or substance, of professional wrestling is the ability to perpetuate a fantasy. I never distinguished between fantasy and reality. I made my fantasy reality for over 60 years.” — Lou Thesz
99. “Anyone can wrestle until they are tired.” — Cael Sanderson
100. “One of my goals is to have NO wrestler go undefeated.” — Jeff Buxton
101. “Boxing and wrestling are evidence that mankind has not rid itself of all savage behavior.” — Muammar al-Gaddafi
102. “Are you wrestling faster than the audience can process? The answer to that question is oftentimes yes. If that is true, then you are failing.” — Jim Ross
103. “Wrestling hurts. Your body’s not meant to take that abuse. I’ve closed that door, but I don’t know that I’ve locked it for good.” — Stacy Keibler
104. “People will respect what wrestling has to offer to this world. It will take educating themselves on more than just guys in there swinging for the fences.” — Clay Guida
105. “We believe that our RAW team will, basically, exploit Shane’s McMahon lack of regular wrestling.” — Mick Foley
106. “Well, I’m wrestling alligators.” — Claire McCaskill
Wrestling Quotes To Make You Active
107. “When I was a kid at four years old, that’s when I started amateur wrestling with my dad and family. And when that’s instilled in you, it never goes away.” — Dwayne Johnson
108. “I spent most of my time wrestling looking up at the lights.” — John McCain
109. “I owe a lot to my dad, just for having provided the wrestling business for us to get into.” — Owen Hart
110. “Kyokoshin I’ve done most, but I competed in Sports Karate also, that’s my style that I come from, and mixed with the wrestling that’s how I got the takedowns.” — Georges St-Pierre
111. “The daughters of Sparta are never at home! They mingle with the young men in wrestling matches.” — Euripides
112. “Guys like me come along very seldom in the wrestling business. You can count ’em on a couple of fingers.” — Stone Cold Steve Austin
113. “A lot of people don’t realize that wrestling is acting; you’re playing a role and a part.” — Chris Jericho
114. “I’ve always loved the showmanship of professional wrestling. While I love making movies, I love that platform, too.” — Dwayne Johnson
115. “When my wrestlers got their hands raised, I jumped for joy.” — Dan Gable
116.”If you can refine your skills and eliminate your mistakes, you will start winning. That’s the price you must pay to be successful in wrestling, and in most aspects of life.” — Jay Robinson
Wrestling Quotes fo Your Favourite Sport
117. “I think pro wrestling doesn’t seem to get a lot of mainstream attention until somebody dies.” ― CM Punk
118. “I stopped playing video games, I stopped playing other sports, and I just dove head first into wrestling and it’s been my passion ever since I discovered it.” ― Kevin Owens
119. “Wrestling is part of what I do, but far from the only thing.” ― Chris Jericho
120. “Believe it or not, I kind of went into professional wrestling so I could get an avenue into acting.” ― Kurt Angle
121. “When I first started training for wrestling I kind of abandoned everything else.” ― Kevin Owens
122. “I was done with wrestling and I was teaching with competition behind me. It was that experience that gave me confidence and propelled me to fight.” ― Charlie Brenneman
123. “Wrestling seemed like something I might be good at, so I stuck with it and gave it a shot. I ended up in a pretty good place. I was very fortunate.” ― Seth Rollins
124. “Luckily I stayed in shape due to wrestling.” ― Bill Goldberg
125. “I love the business of pro wrestling and it is something I know better than anything else I know about.” ― Stone Cold Steve Austin
126. “Wrestling seemed like something I might be good at, so I stuck with it and gave it a shot. I ended up in a pretty good place. I was very fortunate.” ― Seth Rollins
Wrestling Quotes To Encourage You To Work Harder
127. “All I want is wrestling to grow while living my dream, and if I can help, then that’s beyond my dreams.” ― Drew McIntyre
128. “You can’t just learn wrestling overnight.” ― Tony Ferguson
129. “I was really into sports, playing track and field, amateur wrestling, volleyball, and soccer. I was a very active kid and teenager.” ― Jinder Mahal
130. “In college, I tried to start wrestling as soon as I could and when it was available to me, as I loved competing, and then got into MMA under Pat Miletich, where I was able to sharpen all my skills and develop into a true fighter.” ― Robbie Lawler
131. “I left home when I was 13. When I was 15, I was living in a youth hostel, and I was the 167-pound amateur wrestling champion.” ― Roddy Piper
132. “When I was a kid, I never thought much about football. I thought about following in my family’s footsteps and going into professional wrestling.” ― Dwayne Johnson
133. “Ultimate Warrior had a hell of a gimmick, but wrestling is about so much more than that. You have to be consistent, work main events every night and have matches that people really believe in and want to see.” ― Hulk Hogan
134. “I have high expectations for myself – as an athlete, as a man, as an individual – and wrestling has helped me build a lot of character knowing that I have to remain humble but also fight complacency.” ― Jordan Burroughs
135. “Preparation is a mentality… With wrestling being my background, I’ve always learned to overwork, overwork. Work, work, work, work. It’s not always the talented that wins, but it’s the one who puts in the most preparation and thought into things.” ― Dominick Cruz
136. “As long as you are enjoying your wrestling and enjoying what you are doing, that’s all that really matters.” ― Sheamus
Which of these wrestling quotes is your favorite?
As you can see, there are many different aspects to wrestling.
While some people think of professional wrestling as pure acting, there is a lot more than that to the sport.
And there are plenty of athletes that participate in wrestling from grade school through college and elite athletes even compete in the Olympics.
Wrestling is a part of sports history around the world all the way back to ancient times.
It’s something that we can all learn from even if we have never had a chance to participate in it.
It’s a test of not only strength and physique but also strategy and stamina.
Did you enjoy these wrestling quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.