There’s something heartwarming about receiving happy birthday wishes and quotes from the people who mean the most to us.
In the age of growing technology, sending personalized happy birthday wishes has never been easier.
Thanks to social media platforms and messaging apps, we can now instantly share our love and appreciation with friends and family, no matter the distance.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect birthday message to send via WhatsApp, iMessage, or even good old-fashioned snail mail, this list offers a variety of happy birthday best friend wishes that are sure to make them feel cherished and celebrated.
You may also enjoy our articles on:
The arts have long been a source of inspiration for expressing our emotions, and happy birthday wishes are no exception.
From the heartfelt verses of famous poets like Emily Dickinson to the catchy lyrics of the Beatles’ “Birthday,” this list captures the beauty and creativity of these artistic expressions in the form of birthday wishes for a friend.
Let these masterpieces guide you in crafting the perfect message for your friend’s special day.
A study published in the Journal of Social Psychology found that receiving birthday wishes from acquaintances can significantly boost a person’s feelings of social connectedness.
The study also suggests birthday wishes provide a sense of belongingness.
Crafting thoughtful and engaging happy birthday quotes can be an exercise in developing language skills, creativity, and emotional intelligence.
By learning how to express feelings and emotions effectively through written words, you can improve your ability to connect with others and foster stronger relationships.
This list offers a range of happy birthday quotes that convey not only your best happy birthday wishes but also showcase your linguistic flair.
You can also check out these best friend quotes to capture the essence of your friendship on every other day of the year!
Happy Birthday Quotes and wishes for your best friend
In a recent survey conducted by Hallmark, 70% of respondents said they believe that sending a birthday card with a heartfelt message is the best way to show a friend that they care.
The findings of this study indicate that personalized birthday quotes are still popular for celebrating a friend’s birthday.
1. “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.” – Robert Rivers
You may also enjoy our article on 21st birthday quotes.
2. “The way I see it, you should live everyday like it’s your birthday.” – Paris Hilton
You may also enjoy our article on party quotes.
3. “The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.” – Robert Orben
You may also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
4. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
You may also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
5. “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
You may also enjoy our article on daughter in law quotes.
6. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
7. “A happy birthday is measured not in the amount of gifts one gets, but in the amount one is loved.”― Todd Stocker
8. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
9. “I hope you celebrate your birthday every year no matter your age, for your life truly is a gift.” – Anthea Gillian Tripp
You will also enjoy our article on friendship quotes.
10. “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.” – Jean Paul Richter
Happy Birthday quotes for a friend to make them feel loved and cherished
According to Facebook data, “Happy Birthday” is the most frequently used phrase on the social media platform.
The study shows there are over 100 million birthday-related posts made each day.
11. “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin
12. “Just remember, once you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
13. “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” – Sammy Hagar
14. “A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year.” – Byron Pulsifer
15. “A birth date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” – Amit Kalantri
16. “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – George Meredith
17. “To me a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives.” – Meena Bajaj
18. “You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” – Bob Hope
19. “All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” – George Harrison
20. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
Also, read these young at heart quotes for reasons why age is nothing but a number.
Happy Birthday quotes for a beautiful friend to share on their big day
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, 86% of adults in the United States believe that it is important to celebrate a loved one’s birthday.
This statistic shows that sending a happy birthday quote can demonstrate to your best friend that you value and care about them, which can strengthen your friendship.
21. “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
22. “Birthdays come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I’m so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day.”
23. “I am grateful for your true friendship. Hope your birthday is amazing as you are my best friend!”
24. “I promise that the more birthday candles you blow, the more I will be here for you to celebrate every special event in your life. Happy birthday!”
25. “I hope your birthday is as sweet as the cake. And the year to follow is filled with as much joy as you bring your friends!”
26. “Happy birthday my dear friend, may the bright colors paint your life and you be happy forever. Stay blessed.”
27. “Another year, another challenge my friend. But, you need to always remember to keep smiling and have a positive outlook on life, and everything is going to be fine. Happy Birthday!”
28. “To the best friend I have ever known, here’s wishing you a joy-filled birthday with memories for a lifetime, or just the day.”
29. “When nothing goes right, I go to you. You’re my go-to person at every hour. Happy birthday.”
30. “For many people, the word friend is just a sequence of letters. For me, it is the source of happiness and strength because of you. Happy Birthday, buddy!”
Don’t forget to also check out these turning 30 quotes for your loved ones.
Best friend birthday quotes to make them feel loved
A survey conducted by YouGov found that 58% of respondents preferred receiving a personalized message or phone call on their birthday over receiving a gift.
This statistic shows that sending a happy birthday quote can be a meaningful gesture that is highly appreciated by many people.
31. “I am so proud to be your best friend. May you have a happy and healthy birthday!”
32. “Best wishes on your birthday! You deserve all the wonderful things in this world because you are the best person I know. I love you! Happy birthday!”
33. “Every day you sparkle but today you rule! Happy Birthday!”
34. “If your birthday is half as amazing as you are, it’s going to be epic. Happy birthday to the best friend a person could ask for!”
35. “Wishing my friend a beautiful day; hopes and dreams I’m sending your way. May all be good and all come true on this very special day!”
36. “Having you as my friend is a privilege to me. Happy birthday. You are precious.”
37. “Never have I had such a close friend. Happy birthday to you and best wishes always!”
38. “The world is a little bit brighter because of you. Happy Birthday, buddy!”
39. “We’ve shared so much with each other, and I hope you know how much I appreciate you. I am grateful for this day and for all you do.”
40. “May this day bring a lot of smiles and happiness to you, my dear friend. Wishing you a great and grand birthday!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of smile quotes about the power of showing the world your smiling face.
Inspirational happy birthday wishes for a best friend
According to a survey by Hallmark, over 80% of people believe that a handwritten message in a greeting card is more meaningful than a message sent via text or social media.
This statistic highlights the importance of personalization and effort in expressing your feelings towards your best friend on their birthday, and a happy birthday quote can be a thoughtful way to achieve this.
41. “Congrats on another trip around the sun! I hope this day is full of cake, memories, and fun.”
42. “A special friend like you deserves all the wonderful blessings not only today, but every day! Happy birthday! May all your wishes come true.”
43. “Wishing my friend a beautiful day. Hopes and dreams I’m sending your way. May all be good and all come true on this very special day for you”
44. “Best friends are like presents. You are always happy to see them. Happy birthday to the best present that life has given me.”
45. “On your Birthday, I wish you to have the courage to live at least one more dream, fulfill one more wish and make one more person’s life beautiful.”
46. “I hope your birthday is as special as you are, friend.”
47. “Good friends are worth holding onto. Thank you for holding my hand each day. Happy birthday, best friend!”
48. “It is hard to believe so many years have already passed. I am glad we’ve been friends for so long. Happy Birthday to the best!”
49. “Birthdays are a special occasion celebrating your entry into this wonderful world. Enjoy your special day and rejoice in the gift of life, family and friends.”
50. “You are so loved today and every day. Happy Birthday!”
You might also like these 40th birthday quotes for your loved one.
Happy birthday best friend quotes, sayings and wishes
According to a survey conducted by the market research company YouGov, 72% of Americans think that birthday wishes posted on social media are appropriate, and 41% feel that they’re a good way to maintain friendships.
This statistic can be used to encourage readers to use social media as a tool to connect with friends and wish them a happy birthday, especially in the age of social distancing.
51. “May this birthday be filled with lots of happy hours and also your life with many happy birthdays, that are yet to come. Happy birthday.”
52. “Let’s light the candles and celebrate this special day of your life. Happy birthday.”
53. “On your birthday may your spirit be enriched in light, love, and hope for a prosperous year ahead.”
54. “Wishing my friend a very happy birthday and you don’t need to speak it out loud that I’m your best friend too. Love you dear.”
55. “On your special day, I wish you good luck. I hope this wonderful day will fill up your heart with joy and blessings.”
56. “Soon you’re going to start a new year of your life and I hope this coming year will bring every success you deserve. Happy birthday.”
57. “Another birthday means your life journey is incomplete, may your path be paved with success and guided by love. Best wishes, my friend.”
58. “Thinking of you on your birthday, and wishing you all the best! I hope it is as fantastic as you are!”
59. “I hope that your birthday is as much fun as you are, but that sets a very high standard.”
60. “They say you lose your memory as you grow older. I say forget about the past and live life to the fullest today. Start with cake. Happy birthday.”
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about having fun and enjoying your life.
Happy birthday quotes and wishes celebrating a special day
A study published in the journal Psychological Science found that expressing gratitude towards others can increase feelings of well-being and happiness.
This statistic can be used to emphasize the importance of expressing gratitude towards a friend on their birthday, and to encourage readers to include gratitude in their birthday wishes.
61. “You are very special and that’s why you need to float with lots of smiles on your lovely face. Happy birthday.”
62. “A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you, is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!” – Catherine Pulsifer
63. “May beauty and happiness surround you not only on your special day but always. My best birthday wishes!”
64. “Let your all the dreams be on fire and light your birthday candles with that. Have a gorgeous birthday.”
65. “I want to wish you all the love and happiness in the world, all of which you deserve. Happy birthday my friend!”
66. “If I could gift you anything, I would gift you the ability to see yourself through the eyes of others. Happy birthday, champ.”
67. “May your birthday be full of happy hours and special moments to remember for a long long time!”
68. “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
69. “Hoping your birthday is as heavenly as you are!”
70. “May the dream that means most to you, start coming true this year. Happy Bday!”
71. “My warmest wishes and my deepest love on your birthday and forever!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
72. “Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flys as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy!” – Kate Summers
73. “Wishing you the greatest birthday ever, full of love and joy from the moment you open your eyes in the morning until you sleep for the night.”
74. “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
75. “You’re never too old to play games or dream big. I pray you keep a smile on your face and a youthful spirit.”
Happy birthday wishes for a friend that will bring laughter
According to a study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, celebrating a friend’s birthday can strengthen the bond between friends and increase feelings of closeness and connection.
This statistic can be used to highlight the positive effects of birthday celebrations on friendships.
76. “Happy birthday to the dearest friend who has been always by my side! Your friendship keeps me strong and moving up in life!”
77. “You’ve always been great at sharing and caring. On this birthday, may you be blessed tenfold with the love that you have given unselfishly to others.”
78. “I didn’t know what a true friend was until I met you. You truly have saved me in every way a person can be saved…..Happy birthday!”
79. “Thinking of you and wishing you all the best on your special day.”
80. “When a man has a birthday, he takes a day off. When a woman has a birthday, she takes at least three years off.” – Joan Rivers
81. “This world is so much better because you’re in it. Happy birthday!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Steven Wright quotes to make you laugh.
82. “The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” – Betty White
83. “When the candles on your cake burn down before they are all lit you know you are getting up there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
84. “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” – Kitty Collins
85. “May your birthday be as pleasant and awesome as you always are.” ― Debasish Mridha
Messages and sayings that help you say ‘happy birthday friend’
According to a study published in the Journal of Happiness Studies, wishing someone a happy birthday can significantly increase their happiness levels.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of sending a heartfelt birthday message to friends and loved ones on their special day.
86. “Happy birthday to a person that’s charming, talented, and witty, and reminds me a lot of myself.”
87. “May your birthday mark the beginning of a wonderful period of time in your life!”
88. “Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.” – Plautus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wine quotes to celebrate over your favorite glass.
89. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” — Tennessee Williams
90. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner
91. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
92. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Dumbledore
93. “A friend is one with whom I share happiness, but a best friend is one with whom I can share grief, too. Happy birthday to my best friend!”
94. “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Seuss
95. “I can’t wait to celebrate with you tonight — happy birthday!”
Happy birthday best friend quotes to inspire more appreciation
In a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, 72% of adults reported that they use social media platforms.
This statistic highlights the potential impact of sharing happy birthday messages on social media platforms and the importance of using these platforms to connect with friends and loved ones.
96. “Your birthday is a beautiful occasion all by itself. However, for me, it’s a special day allowing me to thank God for all that your friendship has meant to me.”
97. “Conquer the world one cake at a time. Happy birthday!”
98. “You are a gift to both myself and everyone around you. Thank you for all that you do. Hope you feel a world of love shining down on you today!”
99. “Hey old friend, or should I say older friend? Happy birthday.”
100. “Today is the time of celebration; I hope you have a beautiful day with loads of love and surprises. May your birthday gives you the best memories till the next one, may you have success waiting ahead.”
101. “Happy Birthday to the friend I couldn’t live without!”
102. “Thank you for all the laughs, silliness, and adventures we’ve shared. Couldn’t ask for a better friend. Have the best birthday yet!”
103. “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” – George Harrison
104. “From good friends and true, from old friends and new, may good luck go with you and happiness, too!”
105. “May every glowing candle on your birthday cake turn into a wish that will come true. Wishing you a great birthday!”
Don’t forget to also check out these deep love quotes to best express deep feelings.
Best friend birthday quotes for a special someone
A study published in the journal Personal Relationships found that sending a thoughtful message on a special occasion, such as a birthday, can increase feelings of intimacy and closeness in relationships.
This statistic emphasizes the potential impact of sending a personalized and meaningful message to a friend on their birthday.
106. “There are so many things about our friendship that I love. Your birthday is going to be the perfect time to celebrate your special day, and all that our friendship means to me. I look forward to showing you how much I care.”
107. “You are about to have another year of pure awesomeness. Happy birthday.”
108. “Words can hardly describe the love, joy and happiness you bring to my life. Wishing you all that and more on your special day!”
109. “Your birthday outshines the other 364 days. Happy Bday!”
110. “We’ve shared so many birthdays together, and each next year just gets better than the last. Cheers to friends forever!”
111. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
112. “Another year around the sun and you’re doing better than ever. So happy to celebrate another birthday with my best friend!”
113. “Today, you are not just a year older, but have become a little wiser also. Wishing you a very happy birthday.”
114. “Hope life is absolutely spoiling you with love and happiness. May this next year be the best yet!”
115. “I hope today will be your best birthday yet. Keep smiling!”
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of fake friends quotes that will give you perspective on the difference between those who are real and those who aren’t.
Happy birthday quotes that will brighten their day
116. “Happy birthday to my best friend! We are such a great team: I am smart, good-looking and talented and you are great at being my friend!”
117. “Happy Birthday To My Awesome Friend. Have I ever told you you’re awesome. No? We’ll you’re awesome. Seriously awesome. And now you know I think you’re awesome. (Like really awesome!)”
118. “I am so thankful and happy that we are best friends. Enjoy your birthday and happy birthday wishes for my best friend!”
119. “Happy Birthday. You’re the kind of friend who makes every day worth celebrating!”
120. “You understand me like nobody else. I have a sibling in you my friend. Happy birthday to my best friend!”
121. “Everyone should be lucky enough to have an awesome friend like you. Go all out and celebrate. Happy Birthday!”
122. “Thanks for another year of being an awesome friend. Happy birthday dear friend!”
123. “Happy Birthday! You’re the kind of friend who can light up everyone ’s day with a smile. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.”
124. “Every step of the way you were there for me. Through thick and thin I’ll always be there for you. Happy birthday wishes!”
125. “May your celebration be memorable and may the year ahead be brighter than ever. Happy Birthday!”
Happy birthday to my best friend quotes to make them smile
126. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” – Satchel Paige
127. “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” – Edward Morykwas
128. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
129. “We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” – Lauren Hutton
130. “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wings of time.” – Jean Paul Richter
131. “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife and electric skillet for her birthday.” – Erma Bombeck
132. “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
133. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
134. “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro-eating it.” – Boris Johnson
135. “There is still no cure for the common birthday.” – John Glenn
Happy birthday to my best friend quotes for loved ones
136. “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” – William Barclay
137. “When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” – Cherokee Expression
138. “A Birthday is a new beginning
A birthday is the first day of another lovely year,
A year of new tomorrows that is shining, bright and clear,
A year of possibilities as endless as the sky, and a chance to meet the challenges in everything you try.”
139. “Happy Birthday. May each an every moment of your special day be filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others.”
140. “Happy birthday to my best friend. I hope it is filled with awesomeness!”
141. “A birthday is the anniversary of your birth. It’s the time most of us reflect over the past year and what we hope for in the coming year.” – Claudia T Hudson
142. “Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays – – everybody’s got one.
Most kids wish they had more.
Older people wish they had fewer and find them a bore.” – Sally Huss
143. “Today it is time to tell you that I have forgotten when you became family to me. Happy birthday, my dearest friend!”
144. “Happiest birthday to my best friend. You deserve all the wonderful things that you have right now. You are the purest soul, and you have the biggest heart. I love you.”
145. “May the joy that you have spread in the past come back to you on this day. Wishing you a very happy birthday!”
More beautiful happy birthday wishes and quotes for a friend
146. “Sending you smiles for every moment of your special day…Have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday!”
147. “You are a person who always deserves the best and obviously nothing less. Wish your birthday celebration will be as fantastic as you are. Happy birthday.”
148. “Happy birthday to my special friend, I hope you have a wonderful day and year to come!”
149. “I got a feeling that you’ll look really good when you get older. So don’t feel bad about how you look now. Happy birthday!”
150. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
151. “Your birthday is more special to me than you, because on this day, I found the most precious friend of my entire life. Happy Birthday.”
152. “Birthdays are a time to celebrate. The more of them you have, the more you can experience the beautiful world before you. Enjoy your day and the year ahead!”
153. “You don’t get older, you get better.” – Shirley Bassey
154. “May God bless you richly and fulfill the desires of your heart on your birthday and always!”
155. “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.” – Ausonius
Funny happy birthday beautiful friend quotes and wishes for friends
Don’t forget to also read our list of funny birthday quotes that are sure to make you smile.
156. “I will sing Happy Birthday to you so much you’ll wish you’d never been born … Happy Birthday!”
157. “It is your birthday! Remember that researchers have said that Birthdays are good for your health and people who have more birthdays live longer. May you get more birthdays.”
158. “Happy Birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder.”
159. “Happy Birthday to one of my best friends! Here’s to laughing at our own jokes and keeping each other sane! Love ya.”
160. “I hope your birthday is as awesome as your hair in high school.”
161. “You don’t have birthdays — you level up! Happy level up day to my best friend.”
162. “Happy Birthday to a person that is charming, talented and witty and reminds me a lot of myself.”
163. “Actually, I wanted to get you something super special, super terrific, unique and beautiful for your birthday, but I don’t fit into the envelope.”
164. “Happy Birthday. Thank you for always being older than me.”
165. “You see, you should not be ashamed of growing old, not only you get to play the smart guy all the time, but all antiques like you also have great value! Happy birthday old man!”
Happy birthday beautiful best friend quotes to celebrate a special day
166. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty, it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” – Coco Chanel
167. “Hope your birthday is as wonderful and extraordinary as you are.”
168. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
169. “The distance is never an issue to me, you will always be there in my heart. And how can you not be on this special day? Happy Birthday!”
You might also like these birthday quotes celebrating life, age and friendships.
170. ‘The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.’ – Jean-Paul Sartre
171. “Let’s light the candles and cut the cake and celebrate your special day with great joy. Have a wonderful birthday!”
172. “Happy birthday. You make every day a great day. I’m so proud of the thoughtful and wonderful man you are.”
173. “Light the candles with the fire of your dreams and celebrate this special day in a special way. Have a splendid birthday!”
174. “Happy birthday, Mom! I’m so thankful to have you as my mother. There are many children who don’t get along with their parents. I’m incredibly glad I’m not one of them. I truly value my relationship with you and look forward to becoming closer as the years pass.”
175. “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
Happy birthday best friend quotes they won’t forget
176. ‘Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!’ – Dr. Seuss
177. “On this wonderful day, I wish you the best that life has to offer! Happy birthday!”
178. “As you get older, three things happen: the first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.” – Norman Wisdom
179. “On this special day of your life, I wish that you get more happiness and joy you deserve and your all dreams come true. Happy Birthday to you!”
180. “Despite our many misunderstandings and fights, you know that deep inside we love each other more than anything in this world. Happy birthday to you, my dearest brother.”
181. “And it’s a special day for a special person. You proved yourself a great friend and were always there for me. I Love You. Enjoy your birthday, have a good one.”
182. “Sending you best wishes for success, health, and good fortune today and in the year to come. Enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday!”
183. “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” – Frank Sinatra
184. “You’re the most amazing, beautiful and strongest person I’ve ever met. I’m really proud that you’re my sister. Happy birthday!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
185. “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.” — M. Rivers
Happy birthday friend quotes for a special day
186. “I don’t mind getting older; it’s a privilege denied to so many!”― Chris Geiger
187. “It’s such an honor to have an unpaid therapist friend like you, who memorize every little thing about me and made it today as my jolliest birthday ever.”― Shaa Zainol
188. “Birthdays are special days. It reminds us of that day when the heavens gave miracles our way. You are a MIRACLE. Bless yourself. Bless others. Be a blessing.”― Mystqx Skye
189. “The universe wanted you to celebrate and appreciate your life so every year she gave you a birthday.”― Debasish Mridha
190. “With all boldness, brace the eternity of your existence.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
191. “It’s nice to know someone thinks of you as a person, not an opportunity.”― Chelsea Sedoti
192. “Today is his birthday and my gift to him is warmth and coziness. Today, on his day, his home will have what Alex craves so badly – a family, albeit an illusory one.” – Victoria Sobolev
193. “Celebrate every day like a birthday.”― Jordan Hoechlin
194. “Birthdays are happy as a child, defeatist with age and joyful again at surviving another year.”― Stewart Stafford
195. “The aunts gathered around the fiery cake chanting, Make a wish! Make a wish!”― Laura Kasischke
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of aunt quotes about the power of family love.
Happy birthday friend quotes for a friend you love
196. “The cake had a trick candle that wouldn’t go out, so I didn’t get my wish. Which was just that it would always be like this, that my life could be a party just for me.”― Janet Fitch
197. “Having a birthday is like reaching a higher peak on a mountain. Pause to admire the view; reflect on how far you have come.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
198. “There’s an old Hindu saying that goes, ‘In the first 30 years of your life, you make your habits. For the last 30 years of your life, your habits make you.’ Come help me celebrate mine.”― Walter Isaacson
199. “I see birthdays as a reward for having shown up 365 in a row. It’s like getting a badge for attendance.”― Gina Barreca
200. “Celebrate life in a cheerful mood.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
201. “Birthday marks the beginning of a new year, new hopes and new dreams! So, we should never blow out the candle before cutting the cake on such a day. Let the candle burn! Let it spread light everywhere!”― Md. Ziaul Haque
202. “The existence of birthday cake ice cream suggests that we can no longer distinguish celebration foods from everyday ones. We are also not too sure whether we are children or adults.”― Bee Wilson
203. “You can plant a tree to celebrate a birthday, an anniversary, a promotion or a business success. Tree hugging is the easiest yoga art to connect you with nature.”― Amit Ray
204. “Birthdays are just personalized New Years.”― Josh Henderson
205. “The Birthday travels patiently and silently to inspire and aspire happiness, with the gifts of surprise and love of family and friends.”― Ehsan Sehgal
Happy birthday friend quotes and sayings
206. “Happy birthday, gorgeous! I am grateful for all of our memories and excited to create new ones together!”
207. “Apologies for my time perception disorder, and Happy belated Birthday!”
208. “You know who my best friend in the world is? It’s you, sis. Happy birthday!”
209. “You must have looked so young that I missed your birthday. Happy birthday my beautiful friend.”
210. “Thank you for all the years of friendship, sis. You are my best friend, and your loyalty is always appreciated. May your birthday be filled with wonderful surprises and amazing gifts.”
211. “I hope you’re enjoying your special day—may life continue to bring you the best days ahead.”
212. “I could ask for no greater friend than you. You comfort me, protect me, encourage me, and love me. In short: you are everything to me. Happy birthday to my bestie for life!”
213. “You’re making a beautiful life for yourself—enjoy it, especially today!”
214. “Make the most of today because it’s all going downhill from here. Happy 30th birthday!”
215. “There are friends and then there are best friends, happy birthday to the best friend I could have asked for!”
216. “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin
217. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. – Oprah Winfrey
Birthday wishes for your best friend
218. “I’m so grateful to celebrate another birthday with you my best friend.”
219. “Your friendship is one of the most valued relationships in my life. I can’t wait to continue growing together.”
220. “Ready to hit the town and let the world know it’s my best friend’s birthday!”
221. “Wishing you the best birthday yet!”
222. “I hope you’re enjoying your special day doing whatever it is you want!”
223. “Thank you for all that you’ve brought to my life. The happiest of birthdays to my favorite friend.”
224. “Today I’m shouting from the rooftops that it’s my best friend’s birthday, hooray!”
225. “I’m so proud of you and for all that you do. Here’s to the world’s greatest best friend on your birthday!”
226. “Sending you so much love on your birthday, BFF!”
227. “Cheers to the brightest light in my life on your birthday!”
Funny Happy Birthday Quotes for a Friend About Getting Older
228. “Live your life and forget your age.” – Norman Vincent Peale
229. “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard there is nothing you can do about it.” – Golda Meir
230. “We must both, I’m afraid, recognise that, as we grow older, we become like old cars – more and more repairs and replacements are necessary.” – C. S. Lewis
231. “It’s important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.”
232. “The good thing about getting older is if you don’t want to do something you can say, I’m too old to do that!” – Kate Summers
233. “You’re not as young as you used to be. But you’re not as old as you’re going to be.” – Irish Saying
234. “Remember that playtime is never over even though you grow older.” – Jessica Butler
235. “As you get older, though, you realize there are fire extinguishers. You do have an ability to control the flames.” – Chaka Khan
236. “Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” – Billie Burke
237. “At least you’re not as old as you will be next year.”
Happy birthday quotes celebrating a special day
238. “Warmest wishes go your way for all that makes you smile on this special day!”
239. “Friends like you are rare. Wishing you the best of birthdays.” – Catherine Pulsifer
240. “Times have changed my friend, but the one thing that has not changed is that we keep aging together each year.”
241. “Enthusiasm and happiness you bring to others, my friend. May the people surrounding you on this your birthday bring you more.” – Kate Summers
242. “Life is better with someone like you in it. Wishing you happiness and sunshine in the coming year.”
243. “Happy Birthday to you, my friend. You deserve a great day.”
244. “You are my sister, you are my friend. We will be pals to the very end. Happy Birthday to my Sis-Friend.”
245. “May God give you many blessings on this day and for the coming year.”
246. “Wishing you a rainbow…for sunlight after showers…for golden happy hours…for luck and laughter too.”
247. “My friend, just a number is all that is age. Life is like a book, so keep turning the page.”
Happy birthday quotes and messages
248. “Thanks for being my turn-up partner, venting partner, and everything in between! Enjoy your day!”
249. “My best friend was born today! Where would I be without you?”
250. “Sending you nothing but positive vibes on your birthday.”
251. “Happy birthday to my partner-in-crime and my favorite person!”
252. “Every year on your birthday, I get reminded of how much you mean to me as a best friend.”
253. “Thank you for being the brightest person I know. Hope to see you shine for years on!”
254. “Birthdays only come once a year, and your friendship only comes once a lifetime.”
255. “Happy birthday! Wishing you many more years of good health and prosperity.”
256. “I’m so grateful you came into my life when you did. Happy birthday and I can’t wait to celebrate many more!”
257. “Here’s my annual reminder that there’s no one like you! Wishing you the best birthday!”
More happy birthday quotes and wishes
258. “Cheers to you for another trip around the sun!”
259. “I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are! Live it like a king!”
260. “Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and many more that top the year before!”
261. “I hope that, this year, you get back all the good you’ve done times a hundred. Happy Birthday!”
262. “Life is more fun with you at my side! Let’s make this birthday memorable!”
263. “The world got a little bit better on this day because my best friend was born!”
264. “Happy Birthday. As you celebrate another year, take a moment to appreciate all the beauty and wonder that surround you. That is my special wish for you today!”
265. “Wishing you all the happiness, joy, and blessings the world can offer on your birthday.”
266. “Happy Birthday. From start to finish, may your special day be the most delightful one yet!”
267. “I wish you a day as bright as your smile, as warm as your heart, and as special as you are. Happy Birthday!”
Happy Birthday quotes for everyone you love
268. “To the sweetest berry in the bunch, a very happy birthday!”
269. “HBD to my BFF for life, I don’t know what I’d do without you!”
270. “We need more than one day to celebrate the best person on Earth!”
271. “Today a true queen was born and I’m so happy to be in your court.”
272. “Cheers to the brightest light in my life on your birthday!”
273. “You’re not just my best friend, you’re the best period! Happy Birthday!”
274. “Life is so much better with you in it. Happy Birthday to the most deserving friend!”
275. “Birthdays come once a year, but best friends are once in a lifetime. I’m so happy to call you mine!”
276. “I am so honored to call you my best friend. You deserve every good thing that comes to you on your birthday and beyond.”
277. “Happy Birthday, friend. Have fun, dance, be happy.”
Simple birthday wishes for a friend
278. “Happy birthday to the person who knows all my secrets.”
279. “Happy birthday! I hope all your birthday wishes and dreams come true.”
280. “Wishing you a fantastic birthday and wonderful year ahead. Make every day count!”
281. “You’re older today than yesterday but younger than tomorrow, happy birthday!”
282. “Happy birthday to one of the most special people in my life. Wishing you many more.”
283. “Happy Birthday! You know, you don’t look that old. But then, you don’t look that young, either.”
284. “Today is the day we celebrate the number of years you have been in our lives. Thank you for the amazing time. Happy birthday!”
285. “Wishing you a beautiful day with good health and happiness forever. Happy birthday!”
286. “Sending you an abundance of love this birthday, bestie.”
287. “Wishing you tons of happiness and blessings on your birthday. May your cake be as sweet as you and your gifts bring you smiles!”
Happy Birthday quotes and wishes for your bestie
288. “I am looking forward to many more years of friendship and birthdays with you. Have a fantastic birthday.”
289. “Best friends are hard to come by. That’s why on this special day I wanted to let you know just how much your friendship means to me. Happy birthday my friend.”
290. “I feel so lucky to have you as my friend. Happy birthday.”
291. “Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of.” — Catherine Pulsifer
292. “Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and another amazing year around the sun by your side!”
293. “You will get what you wish to have.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
294. “I wish you a vivacious day of love, laughter, and joy. Have an awesome birthday!” ― Debasish Mridha
295. “The only thing old about you is our friendship, which makes us ancient…” ― Nanette L. Avery
296. “Celebrate your birthday with the greatest joy for the priceless gift of life, be filled with joy that brings renewed strength.” ― Wayne Chirisa
297. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” ― William Shakespeare
Happy Birthday quotes for a special day
298. “May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
299. “Never think you are alone. I am always here. For all of you. Happy birthday.”
300. “I wish you love and joy. Thank you for being my best friend.”
301. “Happy Birthday to my amazing, beautiful, and fabulous best friend.”
302. “Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life.” – Wilfred Peterson
303. “Happy birthday to one of the nicest people I have ever met. May this year be even more wonderful and blessed.”
304. “The best gift is the gift of friendship. So, that is what I got you for your birthday! Don’t worry… I got you a real present too.”
We hope that they’ll help you and your friend have the best birthday celebration. Always be thankful for your friends, and this list of gratitude quotes to help you with that.
305. “Here’s wishing you a birthday filled with blessings: the gold at the end of the rainbow, many four-leafed clovers, and the love of a good family. Happy birthday!”
306. “I didn’t know it at the time, but the day you were born would be one of the best days of my life! Happy Birthday to my best friend!”
307. “If you think I sent you this card just because its your birthday, you’re wrong…… it’s also out of respect for the elderly.” – Bill Bytheway
Happy birthday quotes and wishes for your son
308. “May you always feel as youthful, bright-eyed and as adventuresome as you feel today! Happy birthday!”
309. “Son, Happy Birthday. The road ahead of you holds endless possibilities!”
310. “Happy Birthday Son! I hope all of your wishes come true.”
311. “Happy Birthday To My Incredible Son. You are the light in my life, who lifts me up everyday!”
312. “Happy birthday to the best son a mother could ask for! I can’t wait to celebrate you today.”
313. “Happy Birthday. You’re a rock star, son! Today’s your day to take center stage.”
314. “Wishing the happiest of birthdays to the most wonderful son!”
315. “Wishing you a very Happy Birthday son. Lots of love, hugs and kisses.”
316. “Happy Birthday, son! May your day be one of laughter and music.”
317. “Happy birthday to the best son ever! Grateful for you everyday.”
Happy Birthday Quotes For A Friend To Wish Them Well
318. “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” ― Abhishek Bachchan
319. “Today is one of those days that I feel very happy because you celebrate one more year of life.” ― Auliq Ice
320. “May sunshine and happiness surround you when you’re far from home… May good fortune be with you and may your guiding light be strong.” ― Rod Stewart
321. “Unexpected situations cause separation; however, the memories of life always remain in mind; I loved you, and it stays forever. Happy Birthday with best wishes.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
322. “When we are together I feel like I can just be myself. No matter what I say or do you never judge. You truly are a great friend. Happy Birthday, thanks for being you.” ― Kate Summers
323. “My dear friend, we have been through lots, but you always find a smile. So on this day as you age, I sure hope you are smiling!” ― Byron Pulsifer
324. “Have a memorable name day, you deserve to be happy because you are a wonderful person. Happy birthday.” ― Auliq Ice
325. “You are amazing and wonderful and that is what I hope your birthday will be like – amazing and wonderful.” ― Theodore W. Higginsworth
326. “They say it’s your birthday. We’re gonna have a good time. I’m glad it’s your birthday. Happy birthday to you.” ― The Beatles
327. “May today be the best birthday of your life, I give you my heart as the most precious gift I can give you and I promise I always will love you.” ― Auliq Ice
Happy Birthday Quotes For A Friend To Celebrate With Them
328. “Our hope this year, for you my dear, is a year of happiness and joy. May the coming year bring all you dream of and more!” ― Catherine Pulsifer
329.“Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” ― Larry Lorenzoni
330. “You listen, you understand, you are fun to be with. So on this birthday may you have lots of fun, hugs, and love from all of us who love you, my dear friend.” ― Kate Summers
331. “Go, go, go, go go, go, go, shawty. It’s your birthday. We gon’ party like it’s yo birthday.” — 50 Cent
332. “Birthdays come and go, but friends like you make the years happier.” ― Theodore W. Higginsworth
333. “Life seems to fade our memory, so on this birthday I will forget yours if you forget mine!” ― Kate Summers
334. “When I am feeling down, you act like a clown. You make me smile too when I feel blue. I am never depressed when I’m with you. Birthday wishes to you for happiness in all you do.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
335. “In this day you are celebrating one more year of life and I am very happy to be with you.” ― Auliq Ice
336. “As you celebrate your special day I hope you are showered with priceless gifts of love, thoughtfulness, friendships, family, laughter and good times. These are just a few simple presents that money can’t buy and that you absolutely deserve! Happy Birthday!” ― Carlos Wallace
337. “I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy.” ― A. Singla
Laughable Happy Birthday Quotes For A Friend
337. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
338. “Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.” — Chili Davis
339. “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.” — John Grier
340. “The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you’ll grow out of it.” — Doris Day
341. “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” — Woody Allen
342. “Eventually you reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.” — Will Rogers
343. “This birthday, when someone refers to your many years, you can just tell them you are now a classic, and classics are priceless.” — Catherine Pulsifer
344. “You’re in mint condition for a vintage model. Happy Birthday.” — Catherine Pulsifer
345. “It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.” — Brigitte Bardot
346. “Whether you live to be 50 or 100 makes no difference, if you made no difference in the world.” — Jarod Kintz
Special Happy Birthday Wishes For A Friend
347. “Happy birthday! Hope you have a warm day, I’m thinking of you always, and I’ll see you soon!”
348. “Happy Birthday to you my forever young friend!”
349. “Wowee, another loop around the sun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!”
350. “Save a slice of cake for me! Happy Birthday, bestie!”
351. “It’s always your day in my book, but this one is extra special.”
352. “How many candles do we need on your birthday cake? 100? 200?”
353. “Eternally grateful for your friendship, guidance, and humor.”
354. “Wishing you many years of joy and love, my dear friend!”
355. “Wishing you a day as special as you are.”
356. “Today is your special day and I’m hoping that it is one of your best yet, my friend!”
Happy Birthday Quotes For a Friend To Appreciate Them
357. “You bring happiness into my life. And on this birthday my wish and hope is that you are happy today.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
358. “Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we’ll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end.” ― Richard Bach
359. “Indeed, birthdays are special days that mark the growth and accomplishment we have made in the year past, and for more to come in the upcoming year.” ― Kate S
360. “The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday.” ― Paris Hilton
361. Never wish your birthday away,be thankful you are alive today!” ― Kate Summers
362. “To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eye’d, such seems your beauty still.” ― William Shakespeare
363. “We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier.” ― Elllen DeGeneres
364. “An angel you have been to me. Today, on this special day I want you to know how much you are loved and appreciated every day of the year. Happy Birthday.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
365. “Another year has passed, a birthday for you is in store. May you find this coming year be one with lots of open doors.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
366. “Birthdays are inevitable, beautiful and very particular moments in our lives! Moments that bring precious memories back, celebrate the present times and give hope for the future.” ― Bsbr Arish
Happy Birthday Quotes For a Friend To Celebrate With Them
367. “May the moments of today become fond memories for tomorrow. Happy Birthday.” — Rob Jackson
368. “Hope your birthday is filled with happiness and blessings surrounded by family and friends.” — Catherine Pulsifer
369. “Happy birthday,” she said. “And next time? Eat the stupid cupcake.” — Rachel Caine
370. “Life is momentous,—never more so than when the Birthday chimes are ringing their new peals.” — Wigram
371. “Anticipate the day as if it was your birthday and you are turning six again.” — Mike Dolan
372. “I am glad it is your birthday. It is this little bouquet’s birthday too. Its Father is a very old man by the name of Nature…” — Emily Dickinson
373. “Do you count your birthdays thankfully?” — Horace
374. “You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness.” — Brad Garrett
375. “Today is your birthday and to you our friend, we all say: May your hopes and dreams be realized and strengthened this day.” — Catherine Pulsifer
376. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” — George Burns
Funny Happy Birthday Quotes for a Friend to Celebrate With Them
377. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
378. “Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.” ― Mark Twain
379. “If you want to look young and thin on your birthday. Hang around a bunch of old fat people.” ― Anthony
380. “If every year is a marble, how many marbles do you have left? How many sunrises, how many opportunities to rise to the full stature of your being?” ― Joy Page
381. “Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” ― Joan Colling
382. “Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.” ― Menachem Mendel Schneerson
383. “You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.” ― Samuel Ullman
384. “The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating.” ― Jarod Kintz
385. “I love the big fresh starts, the clean slates like birthdays and new years, but I also really like the idea that we can get up every morning and start over.” ― Kristin Armstrong
386. “A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
Happy Birthday Quotes for a Friend To Wish the Joy and Prosperity
387. “Happy Birthday, Johnny, / Live beyond your income, / Travel for enjoyment, / Follow your own nose.” ― W.H. Auden
388. “It is lovely, when I forget all birthdays, including my own, to find that somebody remembers me.” ― Mark Twain
389. “Birth may be a matter of a moment, but it is a unique one.” ― Frederick Leboyer
390. “Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” ― Franz Kafka
391. “Enjoy how sweet, how thoughtful, how kind I’m being on your birthday. Because tomorrow it’s back to the same old crap.” ― Melvin Helitzer
392. “Believing, hear, what you deserve to hear: / Your birthday as my own to me is dear… / But yours gives most; for mine did only lend / Me to the world; yours gave to me a friend.” ― Martial
393. “May you live all the days of your life.” ― Jonathan Swift
394. “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling you to eat more cake.” ― Jo Brand
395. “Sixteen candles make a lovely light But not as bright as your eyes tonight.” ― Luther Dixon
396. “For every year of life we light / A candle on your cake / To mark the simple sort of progress / Anyone can make, / And then, to test your nerve or give / A proper view of death, / You’re asked to blow each light, each year, / Out with your own breath.” ― James Simmons
Which of these happy birthday quotes was your favorite?
True friends are important in life.
They make life more meaningful and are always there for us no matter what.
Although it can be hard to find the perfect words to say to your best friend on their special day, we hope that the above happy birthday quotes and sayings have given you something to choose from.
Did you enjoy these happy birthday quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.