Why go through life struggling on your own when you can learn from these wisdom quotes and wise sayings from others?
Life isn’t always easy.
Creating the life you desire takes a lot of work, and it’s easy to think you have to figure it out yourself.
Share your favorite wisdom quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to Harvard Business Review, seeking advice and learning from others can lead to career success.
By regularly reading and reflecting on wisdom quotes, you can open yourself up to the perspectives and experiences of others and gain valuable insights for your own life.
What are the benefits of reading these wisdom quotes?
However, many wise people have gone before you or have more experience and will share their life advice.
As you read the following wise quotes, see which ones you can learn from and apply to your own life.
Listening to the lessons that others have learned will:
- save yourself a little time and hurt
- help you make informed decisions
- open your mind to a new perspective on life’s challenges
To gain even more wisdom, don’t forget to read our collection of Sadhguru quotes for an enlightening perspective on the world around you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Wisdom quotes on the power of your thoughts
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, people who regularly read religious or spiritual texts report higher levels of happiness and well-being.
Incorporating wisdom quotes into your daily routine can cultivate a more profound sense of purpose and meaning.
1. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent
You will also enjoy our article on great quotes about life.
2. “Very little is needed to make a happy life, it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on life lessons.
3. “Life is from the inside out. When you shift on the inside, life shifts on the outside.” – Kamal Ravikant
You will also enjoy our article on words of wisdom.
4. “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
5. “Life can be simple and beautiful. Focus on the good things.” – Maxime Lagacé
You will also enjoy our article on mind your business quotes.
6. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on socrates quotes.
7. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” – Pablo Picasso
You will also enjoy our article on wise quotes about love.
8. “She knew the power of her mind and so programmed it for success.” – Carrie Green
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
9. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
10. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on Quotes About Taking Risks.
Wisdom quotes on enjoying life
Seeking advice from mentors can lead to promotions and salary increases, according to a survey by The Wall Street Journal.
By regularly seeking out wisdom quotes and reflecting on their meaning, you can develop a greater sense of self-awareness and improve your communication skills with mentors and colleagues.
11. “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.” – Leon Brown
You will also enjoy our article on knowledge quotes.
12. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on Sun Tzu quotes.
13. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
You will also enjoy our article on albert einstein quotes.
14. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
15. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
16. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching.” – William Purkey
17. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
18. “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.” – Kenneth Branagh
19. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
20. “Your mind is precious. It has the power to unlock infinite possibilities.” – Joel Annesley
You might also like these wise Native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
Wisdom quotes on doing the impossible
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, 76% of Americans believe that having a sense of purpose is essential for a fulfilling life.
Reading wisdom quotes that promote a sense of purpose may be an effective way to enhance one’s overall satisfaction and happiness.
21. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.” – Earl Nightingale
22. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
23. “The journey of a thousand miles beings with one step.” – Lao Tzu
24. “Your mind is your greatest power. Use it well.” – Aneta Cruz
25. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
26. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” – Lou Holtz
27. “There’s nothing impossible if you get up and work for it.” – Michael Flatley
28. “Sincere practice makes the impossible possible.” – Dada Vaswani
29. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
30. “Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” – Eddie Rickenbacker
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love these deep quotes that will change how you see the world.
Wisdom quotes on being yourself
A study published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology found that reading and reflecting on wisdom quotes can lead to increased self-reflection and personal growth.
Including wisdom quotes in daily routines may facilitate a greater understanding of oneself and one’s values.
31. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
32. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
33. “No one can compete with you on being you. Most of life is a search for who and what needs you the most.” – Naval Ravikant
34. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin
35. “Sing the song that only you can sing, write the book that only you can write, build the product that only you can build… live the life that only you can live.” – Naval Ravikant
36. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
37. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
38. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.” – Albert Einstein
39. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” – John Grisham
41. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
42. “Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
43. “Don’t ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
Wisdom quotes on taking action
Research by the University of Michigan found that exposure to wisdom literature can increase a person’s tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
Incorporating wisdom quotes into daily life may promote greater comfort in dealing with unknown or complex situations.
44. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
45. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
47. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result but the cause of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
48. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renard
49. “Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.” – Norman Vincent Peale
50. “Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.” – Theodore Roosevelt
More wisdom quotes and sayings
A study by the National Science Foundation found that an average person has around 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day.
This means that our thoughts have a significant impact on our emotions and actions throughout the day.
51. “May you live every day of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
52. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho
53. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
54. “You do not write your life with words…You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” – Patrick Ness
55. “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
56. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
57. “Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
58. “Wisdom is having things right in your life and knowing why.” – William Stafford
59. “Before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.” – Harper Lee
60. “Look for the good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always
find it.” – Brian Tracy
Short Wisdom quotes to live by
According to a study published in the journal “Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience,” positive self-talk can help individuals manage stress and perform better under pressure.
This shows that our thoughts have the power to shape our mindset and ultimately our performance.
61. “Once you label me you negate me.” — Soren Kierkegaard
62. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” — Socrates
63. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” — Epictetus
64. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” — Henry David Thoreau
65. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
66. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” — Lewis Carroll
67. “O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!” — Walter Scott
68. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” — Jim Elliot
69. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” — Carl Jung
70. “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.” — Archimedes
Thought-Provoking Wisdom Quotes
Research by psychologists at Harvard University found that individuals who spend just 15 minutes each day reflecting on the positive events in their lives had a more positive outlook and greater life satisfaction.
This highlights the importance of positive thinking and gratitude in shaping our mindset and overall well-being.
71. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” — Aristotle
72. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” — Confucius
73. “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
74. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.” — Seneca
75. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” — Plato
76. “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” — Marcus Aurelius
77. “Do not say a little in many words but a great deal in few.” — Pythagoras
78. “Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.” — Sandra Carey
79. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” — Albert Einstein
Wisdom Quotes To Make You Live A Simple Life
81. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” — Mahatma Gandhi
82. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
83. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” — Stephen Covey
84. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them–that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” — Lao Tzu
85. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” — John F. Kennedy
86. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” — Albert Einstein
87. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
88. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you do the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
90. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
Wisdom Quotes To Sharpen Your Wit
91. “It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
92. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama
93. “Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little then to break.” ― Jane Wells
94. “The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.” ― C. S. Lewis
95. “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” ― Theodore Isaac Rubin
96. “Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” ― Otto von Bismarck
97. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” ― Epictetus
98. “The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.” ― Shakti Gawain
99. “Knowledge is proud that it knows so much; wisdom is humble that it knows no more.” ― William Cowper
100. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” ― George Bernard Shaw
Spiritual wisdom quotes
101. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” ― Janice Trachtman
102. “Truth is the greatest force to uncover the soul.” ― Shiva Negi
103. “Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.”― Germany Kent
104. “The light of the witness helps us to see in the dark.” ― Bert McCoy
105. “Spirituality is not adopting more beliefs and assumptions but uncovering the best in you.”― Amit Ray
106. “Spiritual living is a wise living. Spiritual living means being inward.”― Neeraj Rai
107. “Make peace with yourself, and both heaven and earth will make peace with you.”― St. Isaac the Syrian
108. “Enlightenment means transcending your world of thoughts.” ― Ashraf Karayath
109. “Don’t worry, eventually everything falls into its rightful place.”― Fakeer Ishavardas
110. “What wills to grow will grow. What wills to flow will flow.”― Donna Goddard
Wisdom Quotes To Know Yourself Better
111. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” — John C. Maxwell
112. “Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn, and you will.” — Vernon Howard
113. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” — Marilyn vos Savant
114. “Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.” — Aldous Huxley
115. “Don’t give to anyone the power to put you down. Haters are losers pretending to be winners.” — Paulo Coelho
116. “Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.” — Ibn Taymiyyah
117. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” — Paulo Coelho
118. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” — Laozi
119. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” — Thomas S. Monson
120. “Everything is hard before it is easy.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Wisdom Quotes To Apply Knowledge
121. “If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum.” — Holly Near
122. “The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.” — Buddha
123.“Intelligence without wisdom brings destruction.” — Erol Ozan
124. “Be wiser than other people, if you can; but do not tell them so.” — Lord Chesterfield
125. “To be wise, we must seek Jesus, for we will not find wisdom apart from him.” — Kim Brenneman
126. “The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.” — Buddha
127. “The wisest mind has something yet to learn.” — George Santayana
128. “Thus, a wise individual is the one who learns to see the positive even in unfavorable events and unanticipated behavior of people.” — Lindsay J. Hallie
129. “Wisdom is the right use of knowledge.” — Charles Spurgeon
130. “Knowledge comes from learning. Wisdom comes from living.” — Anthony Douglas Williams
Wisdom Quotes To Differentiate With Knowledge
131. “Let your actions demonstrate your wisdom.” ― Truman Capote
132. “It is said that wisdom lies not in seeing things, but seeing through things.” ― Elbert Hubbard
133. “Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.” ― Aristotle
134. “Wisdom is the daughter of experience.” ― Edward Hersey Richards
135. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ― St. Augustine
136. “Faith gives us strength and reassurance and leaves us bathed in the wisdom that we are never alone.” ― Socrates
137. “Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it.” ― Colette
138. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ― Albert Einstein
139. “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom say another.” ― Charles Dickens
140. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” ― Mark Twain
Wisdom Quotes To Guide You Towards The Path To Knowledge
141. “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.” ― Winston Churchill
142. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.” ― Gautama Buddha
143. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ― Dalai Lama
144. “Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.” ― Doug Larson
145. “You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.” ― William Blake
146. “The limit of your present understanding is not the limit of your possibilities.” ― Guy Finley
147. “Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.” ― David Starr Jordan
148. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
149. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” ― Mao Zedong
150. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
Which of these wisdom quotes will you apply to your life?
Spend a few minutes allowing these wise words to sink in.
Whether you were just looking for a little motivation or struggling in an area of your life, you can learn from these wisdom quotes.
Creating a better life is in your control, and the words of wisdom offered here can help you live life better.
You can overcome fear, be confident, and enjoy your person.
Life was meant to be enjoyed.
Don’t allow your fear or doubts to hold you back.
You can live a better life by controlling your thoughts and taking action.
Which of these wisdom quotes inspired you to create a better life?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
If you found value in these wisdom quotes, please share them on social media!